What's new

Tortured Afghan teen to go to India for treatment

Bl[i]tZ

Reaction score
KABUL — An Afghan child bride who says she was tortured by her mother-in-law and locked in a toilet for six months will be sent to India for medical treatment, the government in Kabul said on Monday.

Sahar Gul, 15, was beaten, had her fingernails pulled out and was burned with cigarettes after she defied her in-laws who tried to force her into prostitution. She was left barely able to speak after her ordeal.

The girl, who was found in the basement of her husband's house in the northeastern Baghlan province late last month, had been sold by her brother to her husband about seven months ago for $5,000.

Her family, from the neighbouring province of Badakhshan, had reported her disappearance to the police after being denied access to the home.

Interior ministry spokesman Sediq Sediqui said: "The government is sending her to India for further treatment. She will be treated for her wounds.

"Her mother-in-law and sister-in-law have been arrested, the police are after her husband and father-in-law who are at large, they will be arrested soon."

Women continue to suffer in Afghanistan despite billions of dollars of international aid which has poured into the country during the decade-long war.

President Hamid Karzai's office said in a statement that the interior ministry had launched an investigation into the "tortures and violence against Sahar Gul".

"The president, in raising this issue to the national security council meeting, assigned the deputy interior minister to arrest the culprits as soon as possible and bring them to justice", the statement said.

The teenager had previously told Afghan health minister Dr Suraya Dalil from a hospital bed in Kabul: "For several months I was locked up in toilet by my in-laws and particularly my mother-in-law.

"I was denied food and water. I was tortured and beaten."

The Afghan Independent Human Rights Commission logged 1,026 cases of violence against women in the second quarter of 2011 compared with 2,700 cases for the whole of 2010.

And according to figures in an Oxfam report in October, 87 percent of Afghan women report having experienced physical, sexual or psychological violence or forced marriage.

AFP: Tortured Afghan teen to go to India for treatment

I hope the child's health recuperates!

yes please take them man we are sick from these afghanis here 2 millions daily eat our tons of wheat rice use our power and at night loot our homes :D i hope all of them should be tortured and then transfer to india on samjhota express . hamari to jaan chooty in se :lol:

yes please take them man we are sick from these afghanis here 2 millions daily eat our tons of wheat rice use our power and at night loot our homes :D i hope all of them should be tortured and then transfer to india on samjhota express . hamari to jaan chooty in se :lol:

and you destroyed their country and you made them terror training backyard.:angry:
and its better if they come to india for treatment rather than going to country which makes them jihadi,terrorist and donate suicide jackets to blow innocents..

no doubt you are being treated by god with natural calmities,suicide blast and called terrorist

humpe itna meheraban hone ki zarooth nahai hai bhai .:lol:
they are better off there.:rofl:

humpe itna meheraban hone ki zarooth nahai hai bhai .:lol:
they are better off there.:rofl:

please yaar you can make these news daily then . every day they will visit your hospitals as they are doing in pakistan :lol:

hamary to gally par gay hain yaar .

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

and you destroyed their country and you made them terror training backyard.:angry:
and its better if they come to india for treatment rather than going to country which makes them jihadi,terrorist and donate suicide jackets to blow innocents..

no doubt you are being treated by god with natural calmities,suicide blast and called terrorist

as you know your time is limited please bash more . when you was in dick of your father and afghans was fighting each other that time there was no pakistan nor india or earth . you are most stupid online here now kid . afghans are fighting each other since hundreds of years and recent time its start at time of zaher shah when pakistan was not know by even pakistanis .how can i teach you history its your teachers or father job and i am non of them :lol:

Wish the same could be said about the BD's next door !

as you know your time is limited please bash more . when you was in dick of your father and afghans was fighting each other that time there was no pakistan nor india or earth . you are most stupid online here now kid . afghans are fighting each other since hundreds of years and recent time its start at time of zaher shah when pakistan was not know by even pakistanis .how can i teach you history its your teachers or father job and i am non of them :lol:

see you mental retard..

Last edited by a moderator:
The world is seriously barbaric! What kind of a pathetic coward does this to his own sister? I would skin anyone alive who'd even think of a hundredth of such horror on my sis. Shame on that so-called brother. He's a blot in the name of brother for his sister. If he has any repentance or honor left in him, he should avenge his sister's plight. :angry:

Kash ye tumhare society me hota, tabhi tum hamare hindustan me most welcomed ho...
Come get treatment, also please pay the money(tumhe muft me to mitti bhi nahi denge..) and go back...

Kash ye tumhare society me hota, tabhi tum hamare hindustan me most welcomed ho...
Come get treatment, also please pay the money(tumhe muft me to mitti bhi nahi denge..) and go back...

what kash ? we give them millions of treatment since 1979 but we never make it news . at this time when we are sitting and bashing there will be at least hundreds of afghans in our hospitals tum log please ye dramy bazi band kero ok .

and thanks but no thanks i have first class insurance and i go germen hospitals .

what kash ? we give them millions of treatment since 1979 but we never make it news . at this time when we are sitting and bashing there will be at least hundreds of afghans in our hospitals tum log please ye dramy bazi band kero ok .

and thanks but no thanks i have first class insurance and i go germen hospitals .
"Sala hum kare to balatkar, aur tum karo to chamatkar"..ha
Same question, When US says Pak army attacked on NATO..U will reply that its wrong and dramebaji..
And when they reply with their weapons, u will say it's nato's fault...
"Sala chit bhi meri, patt bhi meri"..
On topic, It's just a simple article written not any dramebaji...OK

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Same question, When US says Pak army attacked on NATO..U will reply that its wrong and dramebaji..

Meanwhile 1 million Iraqis killed in US-NATO war, thousands of Afghani deaths in WoT and no care for this. The torture is condemnable and inexcusable. Yet the bigger picture is being missed as usual. Afghanis have a long way to go to become civilized.

The way the hind is trying to use this terrible situation to bolster a false sense of pride for his country is disgusting but typical of their nation.

As Imran K has said Pakistan has offered refuge and treatment to Afghanis. This situation happened in AFG, not in Pakistan. So let's leave it at that, whether the patient goes to xyz to get treatment isn't anything to be boasting about.

trust me or not afghans damage pakistan more then any other thing i am so sad we have border with them damn opper waly ne sari problems hamary birder per rakh di . since there was no war no taliban no damn US-SOVIET wars time they was fighting for control at dawood and zahir shah.:hitwall: there main problem is they can't obay they will never accept a person as head of state until that gus has AK-47 in hands . just read last 70 years of afghanistan

Back
Top Bottom