What's new

Top wealth creators in world: Study

Veeru

BANNED
Reaction score
Top wealth creators in world: Study

NEW DELHI: India has emerged among the four fastest wealth creator countries in the world and its growth momentum is expected to gather further steam going forward, a global study has said. :cheers:

In its annual Global Wealth Report , management consulting firm Boston Consulting Group has listed the US, China, the UK and India as the nations showing the largest absolute gains in wealth in 2010.

Global wealth continued a solid recovery in 2010, driven by growth in nearly every region and registered an increase of $9 trillion, to a record of $121.8 trillion.

Tjun Tang , BCG partner and co-author of the study, believes global wealth is expected to grow at a compound annual rate of 5.9% from the end of 2010 till 2015 to about $162 trillion, driven by performance of capital markets and the growth of GDP in countries around the world.

"Wealth will grow fastest in emerging markets. In India and China, for example, it is expected to increase at a compound annual rate of 18% and 14%, respectively," Tang said, adding that the Asia-Pacific region's share of global wealth (ex Japan) was projected to rise from 18% in 2010 to 23% in 2015.

In Japan, however, the amount of wealth is expected to decrease slightly in 2011 and then grow slowly for several years owing to the lingering impact of the recent disaster. In 2010, North America was the world's richest region, with $38.2 trillion in assets under management, nearly one-third of the global wealth. In Asia Pacific (excluding Japan) wealth grew at the fastest rate, at 17.1%, whereas in the West Asia and Africa, it was 8.6%, Latin America (8.2%).

Millionaire households increased by 12.2% in 2010 to about 12.5 million, BCG said, adding that the US was home to most millionaire households (5.2 million), followed by Japan, China, the UK, and Germany, while Singapore continued to have the highest concentration of millionaire households.

Three of the six densest millionaire populations were in the West Asia: Qatar, Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates. In terms of ultra-high-net-worth (UHNW) households- defined as those with more than $ 100 million in assets - the US has the largest number (2,692).

Saudi Arabia has highest UHNW concentration, measured per 100,000 households, at 18, followed by Switzerland (10), Hong Kong (9), Kuwait (8), and Austria (8).

"Strong performance of the financial markets accounted for the lion's share (59%) of growth in assets under management. From the end of year 2008 through 2010, the share of wealth held in equities increased from 29% to 35%," BCG said.

India among top four wealth creators in world: Study - The Economic Times

that just means india is very poor and undeveloped.

sounds like a bs article. i'd be very surprised if there were any big gains in the countries most hit by the recession (in the amount of wealth). it is the Economic Times though.

sounds like a bs article. i'd be very surprised if there were any big gains in the countries most hit by the recession (in the amount of wealth). it is the Economic Times though.

It may also mean India is doing very well than others,..

I dont understand what is this inherent quality of Pakistanis to rant or make stupid comment on anything good about india

because that is what the largest growth in wealth usually means. things don't keep on growing and growing.

We are a Rich country par kabhi is forum me kisi Indian ne Ghamand nahi kiya...

look after your own country mate . dont worry about ours. ;)

wow that is what we call a one sided vision, you found that one point to criticize India from an article that commends India. Really your obsession is hilarious.

To be fair you should use a little more objectivity then that, its a fair review not the one from the Economic Times but the original one from BCS. And India is a rapidly growing economy.

because that is what the largest growth in wealth usually means. things don't keep on growing and growing.

think tank, why can't you not apply the very same logic to China. Oh sorry, I did not think hard enough. China, Pakistan ally and they can't be in bad shape. It is just India. Very convenient. now, run.

It would have been faster had this lame duck Manmohan Singh government done more to get the $2 trillion in black money stashed away in Swiss and other foreign banks back into India. These clowns (politicians and bureaucrats) have screwed up enough. India needs to get the money back which will banish poverty in India completely. But does this corrupt government have the will to pull it off? Simple answer - NO!

Enough of ranting! Back to my coffee! :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom