What's new

To whom does the term 'Aryan' belong?

curioususer

Reaction score
To whom does the term 'Aryan' belong to? How can white nationalist claim? What right do they have?

This forum is better off without such race related threads. The members here are not mature enough have a proper discussion on it.

And white nationalist forums do? IMO discussing it with the trolls here is the best way to counter white nationalists. They just say they are 'Aryans' without any rhyme or reason. What meaningful end can you achieve from Internet, except damaging the momentum of some propaganda.

And white nationalist forums do? IMO discussing it with the trolls here is the best way to counter white nationalists. They just say they are 'Aryans' without any rhyme or reason. What meaningful end can you achieve from Internet, except damaging the momentum of some propaganda.

That is the issue. There will hardly be any discussion , mostly trolling, flaming and insulting. Anyway, your thread, best of luck with it.

That is the issue. There will hardly be any discussion , mostly trolling, flaming and insulting. Anyway, your thread, best of luck with it.

Doesn't it bother you how some people unrelated to that word have stolen that word and at the same time deny and abuse people to whom it originally belonged to. If you want I can give you the link to a white nationalist movement where they abuse both Indians and Pakistanis.

Doesn't it bother you how some people unrelated to that word have stolen that word and at the same time deny and abuse people to whom it originally belonged to. If you want I can give you the link to a white nationalist movement where they abuse both Indians and Pakistanis.

And what difference would reclaiming the term make? We use it for the same thing as the racists do!!! :P

Me, now bow down to me :lol:

You're a woman. Bowing down to you is merely a genetic reflex!!! :sick:

I have much bigger tensions in life being 22 year old in this country than worry about what some random jobless dumass white racists on the internet think about us Indians and Pakistanis.

For all those who are bothered , please carry on with the discussion.

In normal contemporary usage, the word Aryan is most known as the Nazi racial concept of "Nordic whites", which the Nazis claimed to be the master race.

To the average person in the world, this is what the word Aryan means.

Though I notice the word is also used often in South Asia to describe themselves. But this usage does not apply to the rest of the world.

While the term now is notoriously linked with the Germans specifically with the Nazis racism against anyone not pure white but throughout history the context of that word has been used in various ways. For instance looking at India the Sanskrit speakers used the term 'Aryan' to describe themselves but wasn't in reference to any ethnicity or nationality. In their language, the meaning of the term is more along the lines of "People of the land" or "The noble people of the land". Ancient Persians similarly drew on this, they used "Ariya" which derived from the Sanskrit language. When an ancient Persian would use this term they were referring to their fellow Persians within the boundaries to the Persian Kingdom. Most Persians from my personal experience have misused the term and have rather confused the historical meaning used by their ancestors with the phrase now commonly associated with "Aryan" pure white.

Even when the term first reached Europe it was used by scholars in reference to the Persian Empire, East Europe. The term slowly changed and drifted toward a more distinct constructed meaning the neutrality of the term was corrupted in the 19th and the 20th century. The Nazis modelled the term to fit their ideal perfect Nordic race. They believed that those who were first regarded as "Aryan" the Persians and Northern Indians have lost the privilege to call themselves that term for inbreeding with other non-aryan races. Because of the Nazis usage of the term the historical context of that term within the realm of popular culture has been lost.

In normal contemporary usage, the word Aryan is most known as the Nazi racial concept of "Nordic whites", which the Nazis claimed to be the master race.

To the average person in the world, this is what the word Aryan means.

Though I notice the word is also used often in South Asia to describe themselves. But this usage does not apply to the rest of the world.
I always thought that the aryan race originated in central asia. Maybe im wrong. However, I dont think it refers to Nordic. (does it?).

Back
Top Bottom