What's new

Tibetans killed by Chinese Forces ; Nun self-immolates protesting

Source please? That picture shows a guy who wasn't run over.

he wasn't, people always just show this picture, but not videos of the whole.

Last edited by a moderator:
What precedent would it make if the Chinese goverment starts giving in to people who set rhemselfs on fire?
Before you know it people all over the place set themself on fire.
What is the Chinese government to do if a han chinese sets him/herself on fire because he/she thinks the government is not hard enough to maintain order in Tibet?
Not trying to make a mockery of this unfortunate incident, but this is just a waste of live and in the end will account for nothing.

What precedent would it make if the Chinese goverment starts giving in to people who set rhemselfs on fire?
Before you know it people all over the place set themself on fire.
What is the Chinese government to do if a han chinese sets him/herself on fire because he/she thinks the government is not hard enough to maintain order in Tibet?
Not trying to make a mockery of this unfortunate incident, but this is just a waste of live and in the end will account for nothing.

People don't go around burning themselves if they think they haven't gotten their tax returns on time. It has to be a pretty serious issue for someone to do something so drastic. And it is what the Chinese do to the unfortunate Tibetan people which has resulted in such scenarios.

People don't go around burning themselves if they think they haven't gotten their tax returns on time. It has to be a pretty serious issue for someone to do something so drastic. And it is what the Chinese do to the unfortunate Tibetan people which has resulted in such scenarios.
What did the Chinese government do to the Tibettans they did not do to the han Chinese that is so serious for them to burn themself?
As far as I lnow, but what do I know sitting 9000 km away, the Chinese government treats every chinese citizen the same (whether good or bad is in the eye of the beholder).

The chinese are doing ethnic cleansing of the tibetians.
So if I got to Tibet and start digging I will find mass graves fild with Tibettans?
If they were doing ethnic cleansing would there any Tibettan nun left to set herself on fire?
If there would be ethnic cleansing isn't the nun a bit selfish to:
1. be a nun instead of having children to preserve the Tibettans
2. set herself on fire instead of keep on living adding to the number ot Tibettans?

Please do not take this as a mockery of the unfortunate incident, just as a mockery of the unfounded use of the word ethnic cleansing used by westtowel.

If this suicide was in protest to police firing(in which no one died!),it is pretty stupid in my openion.

the chinese's got to learn how to be human beings.
Who is to decide how you are supposed to be being a human being?
Is this something as universal as the so called universal human rights?

Most of the universal stuff is coined up here in the west. We don't have issues like when is my next meal, where do I sleep tonight. It's only after all the basics of survival are met and social stability is a fact, do things like freedom of speech become important. And even so what is important and what is not is not universal but different in every society.

The chinese are doing ethnic cleansing of the tibetians.

yet the ethnic tibetan population increased dramatically since the 'occupation' from less than 1.2 million when the dalai lama was the slave owner to 2.62 million 2000, and 2011 census shows even more``so where d hell did you get the cleansing from? your bollywood media?

guess what`` the tibetans have much better life expectancy than everage Indians and way over the Indian minorities, now its clear who is cleansing their minorities.
Tibet

yet the ethnic tibetan population increased dramatically since the 'occupation' from less than 1.2 million when the dalai lama was the slave owner to 2.62 million 2000, and 2011 census shows even more``so where d hell did you get the cleansing from? your bollywood media?

guess what`` the tibetans have much better life expectancy than everage Indians and way over the Indian minorities, now its clear who is cleansing their minorities.
Tibet

to indians and those free tibet folks, it make sense, tibetans apparently are much more good at breading than indians. :D

They always say Chinese government is destroying tibetan culture, yet in reality, temples everywhere, tibetan language is taught in school, they have their own TV channels and radios. Chinese Han people also enjoy and are fascinated by their wonderful culture.

They fail to see or just intentionally ignore, some losses of a traditional culture was not caused by any government but the modernization of Tibet. People have to give up some parts of a old culture when they want to have a better life where they enjoy the development of a modern world, it will happen everywhere, no matter which government they are under.

What the Chinese government want, is the same as almost every western states, "the separation of Church and State". When religious groups try to interfere with state matters, they across a line which would be unacceptable in every country that criticize China on its Tibet issues.

And yet the western media and groups keep lying on their moral high horses.
Makes you wonder why is there so much hypocrisy.

Who is to decide how you are supposed to be being a human being?
Is this something as universal as the so called universal human rights?

Most of the universal stuff is coined up here in the west. We don't have issues like when is my next meal, where do I sleep tonight. It's only after all the basics of survival are met and social stability is a fact, do things like freedom of speech become important. And even so what is important and what is not is not universal but different in every society.

LOL, nice try, but you still don't get my point and you don't know what you're talking about.

to indians and those free tibet folks, it make sense, tibetans apparently are much more good at breading than indians. :D

They always say Chinese government is destroying tibetan culture, yet in reality, temples everywhere, tibetan language is taught in school, they have their own TV channels and radios. Chinese Han people also enjoy and are fascinated by their wonderful culture.

They fail to see or just intentionally ignore, some losses of a traditional culture was not caused by any government but the modernization of Tibet. People have to give up some parts of a old culture when they want to have a better life where they enjoy the development of a modern world, it will happen everywhere, no matter which government they are under.

What the Chinese government want, is the same as almost every western states, "the separation of Church and State". When religious groups try to interfere with state matters, they across a line which would be unacceptable in every country that criticize China on its Tibet issues.

That explains completely why one of the Chinese members here said, "one less mouth to feed" when the nun's protest suicide was pointed out - if this is Han fascination for Tibetan culture, then it is a very morbid and macabre fascination.

LOL, funny that China is following the Western footsteps but forgot to erase its footsteps. I guess once a copy cat always a copy cat. China is no different than the Western States unless China proves us wrong or face more crticism.

LOL, nice try, but you still don't get my point and you don't know what you're talking about.
Well, sometimes I am quite dense, so please tell me what your point is with the statement the chinese got to learn how to be human beings? Are they not?

That explains completely why one of the Chinese members here said, "one less mouth to feed" when the nun's protest suicide was pointed out - if this is Han fascination for Tibetan culture, then it is a very morbid and macabre fascination.

lol, mind explain to me how any of my statements explain or even relate to that Chinese members opinion?
The argument you are trying to make have no logic here.
You are just seeing what you want to see

Back
Top Bottom