What's new

Those 80s, 90s TV shows (non animated)

I honestly dont remember this series and quantum leap

You should check them out, although I was always more interested in story than vehicles these days I am looking for a good quality of "the invaders tv series" it was black & white but colored later. Man if there was some fast free unlimited online storage I would have downloaded and uploaded to that unlimited storage short life alot of stuff to watch.

The Wizard (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Learning the Ropes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

havent been able to find these two, quite like fresh prince

You should check them out, although I was always more interested in story than vehicles these days I am looking for a good quality of "the invaders tv series" it was black & white but colored later. Man if there was some fast free unlimited online storage I would have downloaded and uploaded to that unlimited storage short life alot of stuff to watch.
anything like captain power, V, war of the worlds, garrison's gorillas?

V was a bit before my time. However, I got into it through my dad who got the DVD's I really liked it!
V was made again recently but didnt have that charm. Have you watched earth2?

Really cool K.I.T.T. replica made by a company in Texas. They make exact replicas of K.I.T.T. and other famous TV/Movie cars to sell.

Really cool K.I.T.T. replica made by a company in Texas. They make this and other famous TV/Movie cars to sell.

Third-generation Pontiac Firebird ?
CehqOeo.jpg

V was made again recently but didnt have that charm. Have you watched earth2?

I watched the new V, I thought it was ok. Not nearly as good as the original though. if Earth 2 is the show from the 90's about a bunch of people colonizing another world. I think I've seen clips of it.

I watched the new V, I thought it was ok. Not nearly as good as the original though. if Earth 2 is the show from the 90's about a bunch of people colonizing another world. I think I've seen clips of it.
firefly,fringe, defiance, etc might be right up your alley

Tranformers G1 Fans & other Vintage Classics | Page 2
Oh come on you can say more.

But that's ok @Manticore however you have to pick the next person. So forward the chain to someone.

The 60s
Hollywood was just starting to dip its collective toe into the car pool (pun intended) during the 60s, and the further into the decade they got, the more elaborate, fancy, and often fantastical the cars became. Some of the most popular and iconic cars recognized today came from this decade. Here are just a few of our favorites:

Scooby-Doo, Where are You! - 1963 Ford Econoline Custom Van (as used in the cartoon)
scooby-doo.jpg

-

Goldfinger – 1963 Aston Martin DB5
james-bond.jpg

-

The Love Bug – 1962 Volkswagon Beetle
the-love-bug.jpg

-

The Green Hornet - 1966 Chrysler Imperial
the-green-hornet.jpg

-

Batman – 1955 Ford Lincoln Futura Concept Car
batman-and-robin1.jpg

-

The 70s
With a couple of notable exceptions, the 70s helped usher the way for the gas-guzzling, horsepower-heavy, loud, masculine muscle car. Engines were big, gas was cheap and car companies were enjoying a surge in orders for their factory muscle car models – thanks in part to the large advertising push from popular TV shows and movies. These are just a few examples of cars and trucks we like from the 70s:

The Rockford Files – 1977 Pontiac Firebird Esprit
the-rockford-files.jpg

-

Starsky and Hutch – 1975 Ford Gran Torino
starsky-and-hutch.jpg

-

Sanford and Son – 1951 Ford F1 4×2
sanford-and-son.jpg

Mad Max – 1974 Customized Ford Falcon XB Interceptor
mad-max1.jpg

-

Smokey and the Bandit – 1977 Pontiac (Firebird) Trans Am
smokey-and-the-bandit.jpg

-

The 80s
The 80s can best be described as the “age of me” and one doesn’t have to look any further than Hollywood’s choice of cars for a lot of popular TV shows and movies. High-priced, highly-modified, and typically not available to the common viewer due to cost, cars from 80s TV shows and movies epitomized the craving we all felt – we wanted one of these vehicles but either couldn’t afford one or imagine actually driving one (since they were so impractical). There are several dozen choices to choose from in this decade but these are some of our favorites:

Christine – 1957 Plymouth Belvedere
christine.jpg

-

Hardcastle and McCormick – 1971 Volkswagen Coyote X
hardcastle-and-mccormick.jpg

-

Miami Vice – 1972 Ferrari Daytona Spider / 1986 Ferrari Testarossa
miami-vice.jpg

-

Magnum P.I. – 1977 Ferrari 308 GTS
magnum-pi.jpg

-

Knight Rider – 1982 Customized Pontiac Trans Am
knight-rider1.jpg

-

Dukes of Hazzard – 1969 Dodge Charger
dukes-of-hazzard.jpg

-

The A-Team – 1983 GMC G-15
the-a-team.jpg

-

Batman (Tim Burton) – Customized Body on a Chevy Impala Chassis
batmobile-tim-burton.jpg

-

Back to the Future – 1982 DeLorean DMC-12
back-to-the-future.jpg

-

Ghostbusters – 1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor Hearse
ghostbusters2.jpg

-

The 90s – Present Day
Starting from 1990 and moving into present day, there are very few choices of vehicles that meet our definition of “iconic.” In that 21 year span there were only five cars that we could find that, just by looking at them, immediately reminded us of their associated movie. We specify movies because starting in the 90s Hollywood began removing iconic cars from TV shows. If you can think of one, please let us know – because the past five or six years have been taken over by generic, black, Chevy Suburbans driven by law enforcement as well as the environmentally friendly Toyota Prius.

Here are the only five cars that stand out to us for the past 21 years:

Jurassic Park – 1993 Ford Explorer XLT
jurassic-park1.jpg

-

Wayne’s World – 1976 AMC Pacer
waynes-world.jpg

-

Dumb and Dumber – 1984 Customized Ford Econoline
dumb-and-dumber.jpg

-

The Dark Knight – 2005 Customized “Lamborghini Tank
the-dark-knight2.jpg

25 Most Iconic Cars From TV & Movies

For me it was the Gran Torino and the Mad Max Falcon.

The Countach will always remain in that soft mushy corner of my heart :)

Back
Top Bottom