What's new

The Palestinian UN bid for recognition of state

AkhandIndia

BANNED
Reaction score
Netanyahu-543.jpg

JERUSALEM: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Sunday that next week’s bid by the Palestinians for UN membership had no chance of success and that they would ultimately seek renewed talks.

“Their attempt to be accepted as a member of the United Nations will fail,” he said at the start of the weekly cabinet meeting.

“That attempt will fail, since it has to pass through the Security Council.”

President Mahmud Abbas has promised Palestinians he will seek UN membership from the Security Council next Friday, despite stiff opposition from Israel and the United States, who say that only direct negotiations can resolve the Israel-Palestinian conflict.

Washington, Israel’s main ally, has already announced it will use its veto to block the Palestinian bid in the Security Council.

“As a result of the actions of the United States, which is working closely with us, and of other governments with which we and the Americans are working, I predict that this attempt will fail,” Netanyahu said
.:usflag:

“In the end, after the smoke clears and after everything that happens at the UN, the Palestinians will come to their senses, I hope, drop these moves to bypass negotiations and return to the table in order to bring peace to us and our neighbours.”

Netanyahu compared the Security Council to the UN’s government, while the General Assembly, he said was more like a parliament.

“There you can pass almost any resolution,” he said. “They could decide that the sun rises in the west and sinks in the east but it doesn’t have the same weight and the same importance as the Security Council.”

Netanyahu has said he too will go to the UN to explain Israel’s opposition to the Palestinian move. Like Abbas, he is to speak on September 23, a government official said.

The White House says he is also likely to meet President Barack Obama in New York.

Peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians foundered nearly a year ago in a dispute over Israel’s continued construction of Jewish settlements on occupied Palestinian land.

Netanyahu says Palestinian UN bid doomed to fail | World | DAWN.COM

he can say what garbage he wants, but a palestinian state will be created, by UN or with force.
Next time israelis dont start to ***** when they fire rockets into you. you opress them you deal with it

Except Muslim countries, No other country will support Palestinian UN bid. So it will fail.

Even if US alone will not support which they already indicated, then also it will fail.

if it is failed then it is a right of every single Palestini to fight against Israel by any means..........
now how USA will justify this act by going against the bid ?
it will show their true face ..... USA and NATO help libiyan people and IRaqi people (what USA claims) then why they not helping Palestinians ? pure double standard

Unfortunately (really mean it), its not gonna happen. There are too many vested interests on both sides to allow it to succeed..

Unfortunately (really mean it), its not gonna happen. There are too many vested interests on both sides to allow it to succeed..

its actually a typical negotiation tactic. make palestinians and the rest of the world think how magnanamous they are when they back down to a position which is actually no big deal

I think Rocky got knocked out with a great left hook!! :rofl:
Rocky you do some classy research mate well done

wats the meaning of voting if it is going to be thrashed by veto??so to score political points,anybody can vote in favour.

I think Rocky got knocked out with a great left hook!! :rofl:
Rocky you do some classy research mate well done

No, why should I ?

India has always supported Palestine and we also have very good relation with Israel. GoI will do which is best as per diplomacy.

But I and majority of Indian supports Israel. I know the reason. GoI is doing right thing due to some reason and I am doing right thing as per my opinion. :tup:

India is also maintaining very good relation with SL and BD. But I don't like. I don't support all GoI decision. :no:

wats the meaning of voting if it is going to be thrashed by veto??so to score political points,anybody can vote in favour.

rome was not built in a day my freind. Last time muslims took 100 years to take back jerusalem.

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

No, why should I ?

India has always supported Palestine and we also have very good relation with Israel. GoI will do which is best as per diplomacy.

But I and majority of Indian supports Israel. I know the reason. GoI is doing right thing due to some reason and I am doing right thing as per my opinion. :tup:

yea but you come here without checking what you are saying and talk crap. You sated no one other than muslim countries supported palestinians why make such a stupid comment when your own govt is supporting it. Anyways you have illuminated us with the lack of your knowledge and we will bear that in mind when you put up your next post

rome was not built in a day my freind. Last time muslims took 100 years to take back jerusalem.

Wait for another 100 years. Even if all Muslim countries will be combined then also not capable to fight against USA. I am not considering US allies. Also, 50% Muslim countries are puppet of US of A. :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom