What's new

The Origins Of Shaolin Kung Fu

The Shaolin Monks themselves consider KUNG FU to have originated in INDIA and delivered to them by an INDIAN.....
Now, why would they think that....unless it actually happened....why would they give credit to an Indian unnecessarily.....unless he actually deserved....

Thousands of years old history is very easy to deny.....and in doing so you insult your own ancestor's wisdom....because you have to consider that, we are talking of a period when there was no proper way to preserve history apart from carvings in caves and temples, writing and paintings on leafs, woods etc, there was no patent system to secure one's discoveries and inversions.....
Therefore you've to rely on these ancient carvings, writings, paintings and human knowledge to know ancient history....and Shaolin Monks do have their own proofs about the incident.....

To know what proof they have, you need to visit them directly OR read a HISTORY BOOK.......

Its original root is in here dude.Bodhidharma, is remembered in the Kerala Region of Southern India - the
Homeland of Kalari, as both a lineage Kalari Master, AND, as the Father of Han-Chinese Shaolin 'Kung-Fu'.
I thought Bodhidarma was from TN and is a Palava prince.

And yet all the world sees Shaolin as Chinese and they are master of that art. Nobody talks about or have any respect for Indian martial art. If I google for martial art schools, all you can find here in Europe are either the hundreds of different Chinese wushu styles and the rest are either from Japan or Korea with the exotic ones from Brazil or Thailand.

Götterdämmerung;3209911 said:
And yet all the world sees Shaolin as Chinese and they are master of that art. Nobody talks about or have any respect for Indian martial art. If I google for martial art schools, all you can find here in Europe are either the hundreds of different Chinese wushu styles and the rest are either from Japan or Korea with the exotic ones from Brazil or Thailand.

Unlike Yoga, the main reason Chinese martial art getting famous in west is due to movies particularly Bruce Lee.

Unlike Yoga, the main reason Chinese martial art getting famous in west is due to movies particularly Bruce Lee.

Yoga is indeed very popular here, but the Chinese also have Taijiquan which emphasises breathing, slow and smooth movements. I have taken classes and still excercise it at the weekends in the park with a group of people from the neighbourhood.

What do you have to say regarding the fact that the Shaolin monks themselves say that Kung Fu came from India....

http://www.shaolin.com/historycontent.aspx

Facts:

First thing is that "Tat Moh" is not an Indian name (it just doesn't have the connotation), it is most probably Tibetan or from around that area.

Yoga and Kung Fu have no similarities apart a slight resemblance in the art of respiration found in all the forms of Kung Fu (Mostly resperational Katas) and mostly in its meditation.

Kung Fu is the use of the body parts as combat weapons, while Indian Martial art(The only one I heard of ) uses swords and other weapons, that might have been the Indian contribution based on my own constatations and a little bit of logic.

China has more than 15 000 years of existence, there are proves that the Native Americans -North and South- have Chinese origins, pointing to the fact that Chinese discovered America about 10 000 years ago.

Fables were very widespread in south Asia in ancient times, and history based on fables is no history to objective analytical minds, Fables do not pass the test!

I have seen your posts where you are trying to prove Indian inventions and discoveries as Arab inventions and discoveries.

What do you have to say regarding the fact that the Shaolin monks themselves say that Kung Fu came from India....

Well, it's a fact that Buddhism came from what is today's India and Nepal, so of course there is some kind of link with the sub-continent. But it would be far fetched to claim before the arrival of Buddhism there was no martial art in China.

What matters is, today there is nothing in India that resembles or matches Shaoling wushu and the world sees Shaoling wushu as Chinese and not Indian.

YOu must educate yourself and understand why is that? The British banned such martial classes.

Götterdämmerung;3210076 said:
Well, it's a fact that Buddhism came from what is today's India and Nepal, so of course there is some kind of link with the sub-continent. But it would be far fetched to claim before the arrival of Buddhism there was no martial art in China.

What matters is, today there is nothing in India that resembles or matches Shaoling wushu and the world sees Shaoling wushu as Chinese and not Indian.

Some link? I think you simoly do not wish to give credit where credit is due. Im a sure China had some form of martial art but it was pathetic till the Indian Buddhist monk came and thought them.

Yet you fail to understand the reasons why such arts have disappeared? China had the Himalayas to protect her from the hordes for 1000's of yrs. India had to face the brunt of many invasions, from Alexander till the present. There is no doubt. As for your breathing exercises, there are many in Yoga itself. There are so many variations in Yoga itself.

You are deliberately twisting facts.....NO-ONE said, there were no form of martial arts in China before Buddhism arrived.....we're talking about only Kung Fu here....and there are several other forms of martial arts.......

There's enough evidence that one of the most famous form of martial arts, the Shaolin Kung Fu did originate from India.....it doesn't matter whether it in Still Practiced in India or not.....
Buddhism as a Religion also 'declined' in India....does that mean it didn't originate in India.....
The credit goes to the Chinese for developing and protecting the art like it did for Buddhism.......BUT one should not forget the origin.....

You are talking about what the whole world thinks, I don't know about you BUT any well educated man from anywhere in the world will tell you that I'm correct........

YOu must educate yourself and understand why is that? The British banned such martial classes.

Blame, blame, blame, whine, whine, whine

Some link? I think you simoly do not wish to give credit where credit is due. Im a sure China had some form of martial art but it was pathetic till the Indian Buddhist monk came and thought them.

What link should I give you? Sure, some monks came to China and the Chinese became masters of martial arts while in India it's martial arts became pathetic. Funny, ey?

Yet you fail to understand the reasons why such arts have disappeared? China had the Himalayas to protect her from the hordes for 1000's of yrs. India had to face the brunt of many invasions, from Alexander till the present. There is no doubt. As for your breathing exercises, there are many in Yoga itself. There are so many variations in Yoga itself.

Remember the Great Wall? China, too, was under constant thread from hordes from the north and yet their martial arts flourished. Yoga is not a martial art but rather a technique to improve the physical health.

^^^^NO-one is blaming.....we're trying to teach you some HISTORY.....its up to you to learn....:lol:

Götterdämmerung;3210114 said:
Blame, blame, blame, whine, whine, whine

What link should I give you? Sure, some monks came to China and the Chinese became masters of martial arts while in India it's martial arts became pathetic. Funny, ey?

Remember the Great Wall? China, too, was under constant thread from hordes from the north and yet their martial arts flourished. Yoga is not a martial art but rather a technique to improve the physical health.

Nothing to blame, we Indians preserved a large part our cultural heritage from getting extinct from the invaders.

Indians absolutely like to take credit whenever they have a chance.

Even there is nothing related to KongFu left in their country. No any trace, no any record, absolutely nothing, even in the remote corners of India. How strange !!!

To me the most likely scenario is: an India monk was teaching those Shaolin monks Yoga kind of things, which were incorporated into original Shaolin KungFu.

KongFu existed in China long before the Shaolin temple. There are so called DaoJia KongFu, WuDang Kungfu, ErMei KungFu, Qingcheng, Kongtong KungFu etc, I hope nobody claims their origins.

^^^^There was nothing in China before the Buddhists monks arrived there.....it was a barren land.....we civilized you......

Back
Top Bottom