The mystery of Raiwind palace

Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The mystery of Raiwind palace ownership

52c6211e27608.jpeg

The ownership of the Raiwind palace spread over thousands of acres is a mystery because it has never been mentioned in the statements of assets and liabilities of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and other members of his family in politics.

Even latest declarations submitted by Nawaz Sharif, his brother Shahbaz Sharif, son-in-law Captain Mohammad Safdar and nephew Hamza Shahbaz to the Election Commission of Pakistan are silent on the ownership title of the huge property.

But Information Minister Pervez Rasheed told Dawn that the property was in the name of Shamim Sharif, mother of the Sharif brothers.

The statements of assets show that the Sharif brothers have much in common. Both live in houses not owned by them. Nawaz Sharif lives in a house owned by his mother while Shahbaz Sharif resides in a house owned by his spouse Nusrat.

Both use Land Cruisers gifted to them by unspecified persons. Both have multiple foreign and local currency accounts, own huge agricultural land and have investments in industrial units like sugar, textile and paper mills.

The most visible dissimilarity is the rapid growth in the value of assets owned by the elder brother and continuous decline in the value of assets possessed by the younger brother. Another dissimilarity is that Shahbaz Sharif has two properties in the United Kingdom, but Nawaz Sharif has no assets abroad.

Till the time of elections in May last year, Shahbaz was richer than Nawaz — though none of them a billionaire — but things are different now. According to the recent declaration, the value of Nawaz Sharif’s wealth has registered a six-fold increase in just 12 months to make him a billionaire for the first time.

According to statements of assets and liabilities, the net worth of Nawaz Sharif’s assets was Rs261.6 million in 2012 and of Shahbaz Sharif Rs336.9m.

In 2011, the assets of the two brothers were worth Rs166m and Rs393m, indicating an increase of Rs95.6m and decrease of Rs56.5m, respectively.

In 2013, the value of assets of Nawaz Sharif ballooned to Rs1.82bn while that of Shahbaz Sharif slipped further to Rs142m.

Incidentally, Shahbaz Sharif has more stakes abroad than in the country. He owns properties and bank account worth Rs138.28m in the UK. He has three loans worth 117.10m in Pakistani rupees in British banks.

The younger brother has not disclosed the value of five properties with net area of around 676 kanal in Lahore – all gifted by his mother.

He has Rs51.96m cash in hand and Rs7.27m in his sole bank account in the country.

Mrs Nusrat, the first wife of Mr Shahbaz, had assets worth Rs273.46m on June 30 last year. It was Rs224.56m a year earlier. She has Rs14.34m cash in hand and Rs1.95m in her five bank accounts.

The assets of Mrs Tehmina, the second wife of Shahbaz Sharif, are worth Rs9.83m. They were Rs7.64m last year.

She has five bank accounts – two in Pound Sterling, one in dollar and two in Pak rupees, but the money in these accounts is only Rs23,770. She has cash in hand and prize bonds worth Rs750,000 and two cars.

Kalsoom Nawaz, the wife of Nawaz Sharif, has net wealth of Rs235.85m, which is much less than that of Mrs Nusrat Shahbaz.

Mrs Kalsoom has land and a house in Changa Gali, Abbottabad, worth Rs63.75m, a bungalow on Mall Road in Murree worth Rs100m, 88 kanal of land in Sheikhupura worth Rs70m, jewellery of Rs1.5m and shares in family businesses.

She has Rs67,555 cash in hand and Rs55,765 in banks.

Hamza Shahbaz is wealthier than his father with net assets of Rs250.46m. He has two wives. The wealth of his first wife is Rs2.45m and that of the second is Rs9.88m.

Capt Safdar’s wealth is worth Rs14.23m. He owns a car which his wife Marium received as a gift from the UAE.

The mystery of Raiwind palace ownership - DAWN.COM

Last edited:
Stupid Speculation for politics, where it's clearly mention in the news..

Nawaz Sharif lives in a house owned by his mother while Shahbaz Sharif resides in a house owned by his spouse Nusrat.

Clearly, this whole properly is divided among many residents of Raiwind House. But who can stop IK followers on that?

Janab koi malak nahi mil raha tu ap hi ownership claim kar lo, aur kuch nahi tu kam se kam tv par photo tu aa jaay gi.

hahaha... They would never trust someone like me with their property, I would have it donated as an EDHI center the moment i got power of attorney :P

The mystery of Raiwind palace ownership

52c6211e27608.jpeg

ISLAMABAD: The ownership of the Raiwind palace spread over thousands of acres is a mystery because it has never been mentioned in the statements of assets and liabilities of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and other members of his family in politics.

Even latest declarations submitted by Nawaz Sharif, his brother Shahbaz Sharif, son-in-law Captain Mohammad Safdar and nephew Hamza Shahbaz to the Election Commission of Pakistan are silent on the ownership title of the huge property.

But Information Minister Pervez Rasheed told Dawn that the property was in the name of Shamim Sharif, mother of the Sharif brothers.

The statements of assets show that the Sharif brothers have much in common. Both live in houses not owned by them. Nawaz Sharif lives in a house owned by his mother while Shahbaz Sharif resides in a house owned by his spouse Nusrat.

Both use Land Cruisers gifted to them by unspecified persons. Both have multiple foreign and local currency accounts, own huge agricultural land and have investments in industrial units like sugar, textile and paper mills.

The most visible dissimilarity is the rapid growth in the value of assets owned by the elder brother and continuous decline in the value of assets possessed by the younger brother. Another dissimilarity is that Shahbaz Sharif has two properties in the United Kingdom, but Nawaz Sharif has no assets abroad.

Till the time of elections in May last year, Shahbaz was richer than Nawaz — though none of them a billionaire — but things are different now. According to the recent declaration, the value of Nawaz Sharif’s wealth has registered a six-fold increase in just 12 months to make him a billionaire for the first time.

According to statements of assets and liabilities, the net worth of Nawaz Sharif’s assets was Rs261.6 million in 2012 and of Shahbaz Sharif Rs336.9m.

In 2011, the assets of the two brothers were worth Rs166m and Rs393m, indicating an increase of Rs95.6m and decrease of Rs56.5m, respectively.

In 2013, the value of assets of Nawaz Sharif ballooned to Rs1.82bn while that of Shahbaz Sharif slipped further to Rs142m.

Incidentally, Shahbaz Sharif has more stakes abroad than in the country. He owns properties and bank account worth Rs138.28m in the UK. He has three loans worth 117.10m in Pakistani rupees in British banks.

The younger brother has not disclosed the value of five properties with net area of around 676 kanal in Lahore – all gifted by his mother.

He has Rs51.96m cash in hand and Rs7.27m in his sole bank account in the country.

Mrs Nusrat, the first wife of Mr Shahbaz, had assets worth Rs273.46m on June 30 last year. It was Rs224.56m a year earlier. She has Rs14.34m cash in hand and Rs1.95m in her five bank accounts.

The assets of Mrs Tehmina, the second wife of Shahbaz Sharif, are worth Rs9.83m. They were Rs7.64m last year.

She has five bank accounts – two in Pound Sterling, one in dollar and two in Pak rupees, but the money in these accounts is only Rs23,770. She has cash in hand and prize bonds worth Rs750,000 and two cars.

Kalsoom Nawaz, the wife of Nawaz Sharif, has net wealth of Rs235.85m, which is much less than that of Mrs Nusrat Shahbaz.

Mrs Kalsoom has land and a house in Changa Gali, Abbottabad, worth Rs63.75m, a bungalow on Mall Road in Murree worth Rs100m, 88 kanal of land in Sheikhupura worth Rs70m, jewellery of Rs1.5m and shares in family businesses.

She has Rs67,555 cash in hand and Rs55,765 in banks.

Hamza Shahbaz is wealthier than his father with net assets of Rs250.46m. He has two wives. The wealth of his first wife is Rs2.45m and that of the second is Rs9.88m.

Capt Safdar’s wealth is worth Rs14.23m. He owns a car which his wife Marium received as a gift from the UAE.

The mystery of Raiwind palace ownership - DAWN.COM

Bastards, too many mysterious things but no one will ask, this country's laws are clearly not made for the rich. :hitwall:

Stupid Speculation for politics, where it's clearly mention in the news..

Clearly, this whole properly is divided among many residents of Raiwind House. But who can stop IK followers on that?

so you mean to say nawaz ki maa jahez mein lai thi, jati umra mein kisi mahraja nay daad di thi jo billions ki property hath aa gai?

Wow man wow!!!!!! How can I get such expensive gifts? Is there a way to do it? Get expensive gifts in cars, cash and properties wow wow wow!!! I m truly impressed.

nooooora brathraan choor hai.... is mulk kai choor hair...!!

that has been a general knowledge amongst may Pakistani's, however the PML NOORA supporters are blinded with the laptops and tofeeez...!! they need to wake up and smell the bullshit their party deefs them.

All that wealth belongs to Pakistan and the citizens of Pakistan.

Anyone knows how much a LOHAR makes in Pakistan!

These gadaar's of our state are not pro Pakistan, they want to sell Pakistan to IMF and India and the rest of the world.

Chootia lohar brathraaan hai yeh.

so you mean to say nawaz ki maa jahez mein lai thi, jati umra mein kisi mahraja nay daad di thi jo billions ki property hath aa gai?

Stick to the topic, its owner less property, not how he/she get it.
It will be very hard for me to explain to a Follower of family less guy that normally family people keep property/assets in their family member's name to avoid any conflict after his/her death. And this practise is followed many social systems. But unfortunately not all people are luck ough to know what is family. So you can complete ignore my second para and stick to the topic. Which a lie as usual expected from u.

Stick to the topic, its owner less property, not how he/she get it.
It will be very hard for me to explain to a Follower of family less guy that normally family people keep property/assets in their family member's name to avoid any conflict after his/her death. And this practise is followed many social systems. But unfortunately not all people are luck ough to know what is family. So you can complete ignore my second para and stick to the topic. Which a lie as usual expected from u.

apparently you fatherless child, so you know not how honourable families go about their ways and maintain assets, they have documented proofs on how to keep their records, here clearly cannot undertand as you have no background of your own to know this. what a pity on street kids like you !

apparently you fatherless child, so you know not how honourable families go about their ways and maintain assets, they have documented proofs on how to keep their records, here clearly cannot undertand as you have no background of your own to know this. what a pity on street kids like you !
Lol now even loss sense that you forgot to think what fatherless has to do property record. Also how I will have to with records of my mother or wife's property, even if I have paid for it. That's called inhareted property and the guy who owns it is responsibility to keep record.
I know a familyless guy's follower will never know about these things, but still personal attack should have some basis. Ps: I have a father alhamdullillah, as well inheritance as well a family, so know pretty well what it means.

They are so fond of gifts and everything they have is gifted,
Maybe the Raiwind Palace was gifted to them by the poor people of Pakistan,
for their glorious services rendered over the years....

Wow man wow!!!!!! How can I get such expensive gifts? Is there a way to do it? Get expensive gifts in cars, cash and properties wow wow wow!!! I m truly impressed.

Sorry dude, you don't have Maryam Nawaz type figure so no such lavish gifts for you. Notice Maryam received an expansive car from someone in UAE, but no one asks who he was..?

Back
Top Bottom