What's new

The Animosity between Pakistan and India

Status
Not open for further replies.

future_bound

Reaction score
The animosity between Pakistan and india is really a continuation of the 1000 plus years old conflict between Islam and hinduism in sub-continent.
It is the perception in Pakistan and that is why our missiles are named after ghauri, ghaznavi and abdali.
India has tried to play the "secularism" card, but even in india the animosity is seen in muslim-vs-hindu terms. That explains why muslims may be around 14% of india's population but there are hardly any muslims in india's armed forces.

So your post is a question or you are giving an message..Based on that people are expected to respond....BTW....How many people are killed by Muslim terrorist TTP in a Muslim country Pakistan in this month???...Any idea....

Oh boy !! this kid loves opening random threads to post a couple of sentences . Talk about being an attention Diva .

In my opinion, the conflict between Pakistan and india is a civilizational conflict and Pakistan is the vanguard of the Islamic civilization

It has always been Hindu vs Muslim, starting straight from the partition.

I pity the Muslim that was left in India & the Hindu that was left in Pakistan.

"Vanguard" does seem to be the right word considering the geographical location.

I have heard these arguements by indians (hindus) that they also benefitted from Partition and were able to get rid of a large part of sub-continent 's muslim population because of partition. That allowed the indians (hindus) to dominate the sub-continent.

But there is a world beyond South Asia and Pakistan's strategic location has denied or limited indian (hindu) influence in middle east, Afghanistan and central asia.
And yes in this conflict, Pakistan is the vanguard of Islamic world against hindu india.

The animosity between Pakistan and india is really a continuation of the 1000 plus years old conflict between Islam and hinduism in sub-continent.
It is the perception in Pakistan and that is why our missiles are named after ghauri, ghaznavi and abdali.
to some extent (layman's pov) you are correct.

India has tried to play the "secularism" card, but even in india the animosity is seen in muslim-vs-hindu terms. That explains why muslims may be around 14% of india's population but there are hardly any muslims in india's armed forces.
whatever helps to sleep buddy.

I pity the Muslim that was left in India & the Hindu that was left in Pakistan.
cant agree more with u. Although i feel state of muslims are better in india than hindus in pakistan.
u see in pakistan hindus are struggling for mere survival while in india, muslims are struggling for more representation in different walks of life. I suppose there is the difference in between the two. Surely, 2% is much lesser than 16%.

cant agree more with u. Although i feel state of muslims are better in india than hindus in pakistan.
u see in pakistan hindus are struggling for mere survival while in india, muslims are struggling for more representation in different walks of life. I suppose there is the difference in between the two. Surely, 2% is much lesser than 16%.

An average Pakistani Hindu is a lot richer than an average Pakistani Muslim. That is a fact. If you go in the rural areas of Sindh where these Hindus live, they own all the grocery and pharmacy businesses in the village and are also landlords with huge land holdings. They have more mney than any Muslim in their village.

An average Pakistani Hindu is a lot richer than an average Pakistani Muslim. That is a fact. If you go in the rural areas of Sindh where these Hindus live, they own all the grocery and pharmacy businesses in the village and are also landlords. They have more money than any Muslim in their village.
thanx for this bit of info. its indeed a very good news. if i m not wrong, then the situation was no different when we were under the British.
but by assuming that majority of Hindus are quite well to do in Pakistan, then why there are so many news articles etc (many in Indian media, and a little less in pak media) about Hindus migrating to India. even if we discard those news as propaganda, its contradictory to think that the comparably well to do Hindu diaspora is shrinking to extinction.
clarifying my earlier position regarding Indian Muslims, I should point out that, apart from a handful of families, muslims in india were very poor at the time of partition. in fact their grinding poverty mite be one of the reasons why they opted to stay in india (unable to afford the long journey). the remnants of those muslims grew in population, by leaps and bounds in some states (aided by unabashed fertility, lack of family planning, vote bank politics and illegal immigration). while some of them escaped the clutches of poverty, the rest followed the local mullahs/religious leaders for a political voice. this also aided in the growth of votebank politics. instead of accepting mainstream education, poorer muslims opted for madrassa education, which is both free and in line with the principles of Islam. But when these students graduate and look for jobs, guess how madrassa education is going to help them in getting seats in IITs or medical colleges or any other colleges. sure there is AMU or Jamia milia, but their nos. are too less.
They are left jobless and the viscous cycle continues.
there is govt callousness, no doubt abt it. but be assured that less is done for the hindus as their votes are divided.
so contrary to many, there is NO govt persecution of muslims as such in india.
social problems remain, diverse cultures have these problems, but there must be something outright genocidal to bring down the muslim population to 2% (same as that of hindus in pakistan).
we are all imperfect.

thanx for this bit of info. its indeed a very good news. if i m not wrong, then the situation was no different when we were under the British.
but by assuming that majority of Hindus are quite well to do in Pakistan, then why there are so many news articles etc (many in Indian media, and a little less in pak media) about Hindus migrating to India. even if we discard those news as propaganda, its contradictory to think that the comparably well to do Hindu diaspora is shrinking to extinction.
clarifying my earlier position regarding Indian Muslims, I should point out that, apart from a handful of families, muslims in india were very poor at the time of partition. in fact their grinding poverty mite be one of the reasons why they opted to stay in india (unable to afford the long journey). the remnants of those muslims grew in population, by leaps and bounds in some states (aided by unabashed fertility, lack of family planning, vote bank politics and illegal immigration). while some of them escaped the clutches of poverty, the rest followed the local mullahs/religious leaders for a political voice. this also aided in the growth of votebank politics. instead of accepting mainstream education, poorer muslims opted for madrassa education, which is both free and in line with the principles of Islam. But when these students graduate and look for jobs, guess how madrassa education is going to help them in getting seats in IITs or medical colleges or any other colleges. sure there is AMU or Jamia milia, but their nos. are too less.
They are left jobless and the viscous cycle continues.
there is govt callousness, no doubt abt it. but be assured that less is done for the hindus as their votes are divided.
so contrary to many, there is NO govt persecution of muslims as such in india.
social problems remain, diverse cultures have these problems, but there must be something outright genocidal to bring down the muslim population to 2% (same as that of hindus in pakistan).
we are all imperfect.

My friend why so many Hindus are migrating to India, is same reason why so many Hindus moved to the West ( there are 3 Million Indian Hindus in the USA ).

The reason is ECONOMICS.

So why many Hindus are moving to India has something to do with the fact that Indian Economy booming.

Are Muslims marginalized in India?

Yes. The Muslim literacy rate ranks well below the national average and Muslim poverty rates are only slightly higher than low-caste Hindus, according to a November 2006 government report (PDF). Muslims (mostly Sunnis) make up 13.4 percent of India's population, yet hold fewer than 5 percent of government posts and make up only 4 percent of the undergraduate student body in India's elite universities. The report also found that Muslims fall behind other groups in terms of access to credit, despite the fact that Muslims are self-employed at a far higher rate than other groups.

Have there been problems with violence between Hindus and Muslims?

Yes. Communal violence has flared up between the two religious groups since before partition. In recent decades, the proposal to build a temple in Ayodhya repeatedly set off interethnic violence. Hindus and Muslims dispute whether the sixteenth-century Babri Mosque was built on the site of a Hindu temple. In 1992, Hindu militants destroyed the mosque during a rally led by right-wing political parties. Three thousand people died in ensuing riots. In February 2002, a fire broke out on a train carrying members of Hindu nationalist party Vishva Hindu Parishad from Ayodhya. Hindus accused Muslims of setting the blaze and riots broke out across the country. In the following months, the communal violence broke out claimed two thousand, mostly Muslim lives, according to a Congressional Research Service report (PDF). The report also notes widespread allegations of "state government complicity in anti-Muslim attacks" in the BJP-led state.

Varshney calls the 2002 violence in Gujarat India's "first full-blooded pogrom" because clashes went unchecked by India's central government. "The national government [then under BJP control] did not fire the BJP state government. The state government actually used the power of its patrons in Delhi," he says. He argues that western Indian cities, where Muslim populations are segregated from Hindus and ghettoized to a greater degree, are more prone to interethnic violence.

India's Muslim Population
Submitted by kashif on Fri, 06/22/2007 - 19:59.

Indian Muslim

Author:
Carin Zissis, Staff Writer

June 22, 2007

Condition of Indian Muslims in current day India: Justice Saachar Report

Posted on 09 January 2012.

The salient features of the Sachar Committee report are:

Like Slumdog’s protagonist, 94.9 per cent of Muslims are in Below Poverty Line (BPL); families in rural areas do not receive free food grains.
While only 3.2 per cent of Muslims get subsidized loans, just 1.9 per cent of the community benefit from the Antyodaya Anna Yojana Scheme, a programme meant to prevent starvation among the poorest of poor by providing food grains at a subsidized rate.
60.2 per cent of Muslims do not have any land in rural areas.
Just 2.1 per cent of Muslim farmers have tractors. With 15,25,000 tractors, India ranks No.4 after US, Japan and Italy
A mere 1 per cent own hand pumps.
On the educational front, the picture is equally dismal: 54.6 per cent Muslims in villages and 60 per cent in urban areas have never attended schools.
Only 0.8 per cent of Muslims in rural areas are graduates.
Although in urban areas, nearly 40 per cent of the Muslims now receive modern education, only 3.1 per cent of the community in urban areas is graduates. Just 1.2 per cent is post-graduates.
Muslim population growth has slowed down as fertility has declined substantially; the growth rate for Muslims is bound to fall further and eventually reach a zero growth stage well before the end of the century.
Muslims are altogether excluded from “sensitive” posts such as jobs in the intelligence agencies, especially the external-espionage Research & Analysis Wing, the National Security Guard and other elite protection forces. Their presence in the top national police and paramilitary agencies is nominal.
However, there is one place where Muslims are over-represented: prisons. Muslims claim a grossly disproportionate share of prisoners, including convicts and those undergoing trials.

The Sachar study, revealed that there was extreme prejudice in Bharat against all minorities, but especially against Muslims. It pointed out that being dressed as a Muslim was enough to create extreme suspicion. In Delhi DWB (Driving while black) is a major offense. In Bharat Muslim men wearing a beard and a ‘topi’ [skull cap] are often picked up by police for interrogation from public places like parks, railway stations and markets. It is worse for women. Muslim women wearing an Islamic scarf or Muslim veil or full-body burqa complained of facing hostility at markets, hospitals, and schools and found it hard to get a job.

Source:© 2013 Rupee News. Powered by WordPress

My family migrated from Dehli in 1947, leaving behind our property and other assets, but we have never regretted the decision and count ourselves lucky and privilege to live in our Pakistan. I feel sorry for the muslims who did not make the journey as we can see from the reports that indian muslims are discriminated against.

:pakistan:

So you represent imperialists like ghauri, ghazanvi and abdali and celebrate invaders like taimur who made mountains of skulls of people from Pakistan? Infact nobody slaughtered more Pakistanis than taimur.

Why would one celebrate one who slaughtered their own? That's too wanna be even for the culturally defeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom