What's new

The anechoic chamber below is situated at HAL's Hyderabad division.

RPK

Reaction score
Country
India
10320997_576342972463032_3262318529036364817_o.jpg

LEARNING CURVE | Anechoic chambers are rooms in which there are no echoes. These are used to measure radiation noise field strength of equipment that generate radio noises. Two types of chambers are used in the testing of RLSU radars for Su-30 MKI: large and small. Small Chamber, SAC, measuring 15.3m x 7.6m x 4m is used for tuning and testing of airborne radar. In order to minimize the unwanted reflections, Pyramidal Radiation Absorbent Material (RAM) made of rubberized foam impregnated with controlled mixtures of carbon and iron is used inside the chamber.
Large chamber, LAC, is an Antenna Compact Range having dimensions of 24m x 8m x 8m and is used for measuring antenna pattern of the Radar Control System. Such ‘Compact Test Ranges’ are used to simulate free space conditions similar to the actual flight environment. The RAM with -40 dB reflectivity used is carbon filled paper instead of the usual carbon filled polyurethane foam. The cost of this system is Rs.15 crore.
The anechoic chamber below is situated at HAL's Hyderabad division.
Photo: P Narsing Rao

Thanks for the info buddy and please start a thread on this news too,I cant as I am from my cellphone @RPK:
Press Release: SA To RM Inaugurates Unique "RTRS Penta Rail Supersonic Track" at TBRL
DRDO

Back
Top Bottom