What's new

Terror plot foiled in DI Khan

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
DI KHAN: A terrorism plan was made unsuccessful in Dera Ismail Khan on Sunday, Express News reported.

In a joint operation, the security forces and police raided a house and retrieved a suicide jacket, weapons, a hand grenade and 500 bullets.

According to some sources, these weapons were used in Dera Ismail Khan prison break in July.

Cantt Police Station also confirmed that weapons were recovered in the operation, however, no arrests were made.

Following the raid, security was beefed up in the area, increasing the number of security check posts from seven to 12.

On July 29, the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan attacked the central jail in Dera Ismail Khan and freed nearly 250 prisoners, including 49 high-profile militants.

A three-day curfew was imposed in the city following the jail break.

Terror plot foiled in DI Khan – The Express Tribune

DI KHAN: A terrorism plan was made unsuccessful in Dera Ismail Khan on Sunday, Express News reported.

In a joint operation, the security forces and police raided a house and retrieved a suicide jacket, weapons, a hand grenade and 500 bullets.

According to some sources, these weapons were used in Dera Ismail Khan prison break in July.

Cantt Police Station also confirmed that weapons were recovered in the operation, however, no arrests were made.

Following the raid, security was beefed up in the area, increasing the number of security check posts from seven to 12.

On July 29, the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan attacked the central jail in Dera Ismail Khan and freed nearly 250 prisoners, including 49 high-profile militants.

A three-day curfew was imposed in the city following the jail break.

Terror plot foiled in DI Khan – The Express Tribune

we have to make new laws in parliament ...even if we catch terrorist ... there are too many loop holes ...

Fck law making in Parliament, PTI should stop showing sort corner for these scumbags. Reform Police in KPK and make special arrangement to counter terrorist (anti terror force maybe) and send them directly to hell to rot there instead of arresting them..

What's the point of arresting terrorists when they are eventually going to get released from prison as we've seen in DI Khan incident..

I am glad this attack has been foiled but we should have been able to stop the taliban from launching the attack on Dera Ismail Khan jail. DIK is under total siege from the Taliban due to its proximity to South Waziristan. South Waziristan is the most dangerous area in Pakistan and a safe haven for militants. Operation Rah e Nijat was launched there but it failed to dislodge the militants from the region.

I believe a major operation is required in 3 areas. The outskirts of Peshawar, South Waziristan agency and regions close to South Waziristan like Dera Ismail Khan and Bannu. I hope I live to see the utter vanquishment of the Talibani terrorists. Down with this murderous cult.

Can this Imran Khan police do any thing without army?

Back
Top Bottom