What's new

Tamil Nadu is No.1 destination for foreigners in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
MP also have temples and much more my invitation to all pk defence forum members to visit MP :welcome:

^^^^^yup.....but the weather has been really good for the past two months.....

p.s: i love when it rains that makes the past 3-4 months good for me.....hope the weather continues like this till feb atleast

p.s: i love when it rains that makes the past 3-4 months good for me.....hope the weather continues like this till feb atleast

Boss ellarum Chennai la vellam nu sollikittu irukaanga..Neenga ennadana innum Mazhai venumnu solreenga....:lol:

I belong to UP but got trained in mysore karnataka.
Love Ooty in TN, kurg in Karnataka and Wayanaad in Kerela.:smitten:
South is rich in natural beauty.

And why UP is so up there?????:blink:
I think foreigners comes here for a sun bath.:D

Boss ellarum Chennai la vellam nu sollikittu irukaanga..Neenga ennadana innum Mazhai venumnu solreenga....:lol:

ha ha ....enga may masam mattum irunthu parunga ,athukappram ennatha mala vanthalum kavalpada matinga

Think Delhi will top the list for 2010 because of the CWG. And can't believe that Rajasthan is so low down the order. :blink:

ha ha ....enga may masam mattum irunthu parunga ,athukappram ennatha mala vanthalum kavalpada matinga

Athu etho unmai thaan...Inga Coimabtore la climate paravala nala maybe I'm saying like that. :)

Erode la enga...Proper ah illa Kangayam,Sathy madhiri outer ah.

Thanks for the link Karthik.
I am really surprised. TN has a lot of beautiful places. But I think most of the tourist spots are heavily, awkwardly commercialized. I wish the TN government wakes up and uses the opportunity to refine the tourist infrastructure.

BTW, nan chennai vasi aana kovai- theni area enakku romba pidikkum!

ooty
ooty.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the link Karthik.
I am really surprised. TN has a lot of beautiful places. But I think most of the tourist spots are heavily, awkwardly commercialized. I wish the TN government wakes up and uses the opportunity to refine the tourist infrastructure.

True yaar. The TN Govt gets the money from all the temples but hardly spends a fraction of that money on their upkeep. Sad situation.

BTW, nan chennai vasi aana kovai- theni area enakku romba pidikkum!

:smitten:....My home town.

True yaar. The TN Govt gets the money from all the temples but hardly spends a fraction of that money on their upkeep. Sad situation.

you know what? I think they actually spend a lot of money. But they just make it ugly. Like the bridge in front of beautiful Kutralam Falls with Tiger mark Shikakai powder ad :hitwall:

:smitten:....My home town.

I know right :)

Can somebody post the pics of Vaalparai.. i really want to got to that place someday... between congratulations guys

Aaanaaa adhikama santhosha peda venaaa... kerala sheekramaa catch panneedum paathukko.:smokin:

Can somebody post the pics of Vaalparai.. i really want to got to that place someday... between congratulations guys

Aaanaaa adhikama santhosha peda venaaa... kerala sheekramaa catch panneedum paathukko.:smokin:

Kerala is so beautiful. I think TN is on top mainly because of business travel.

Valparai:
valpara_1.jpg

551583801_6b94bbc63a.jpg

296125242_23134147ee_b-1.jpg

I dont want to start a war of words....But down South there are not many places as beautiful as Kodai,Ooty or for that matter Munnar.

True, down south they are the best. But not ones which will attract foreign tourists on their own. Its like I am in chennai for a conference so lets drive to ooty for weekend. The best thing is connectivity.

As I suspected you were in Karnataka and you are extrapolating it to Tamil Nadu. The cuisine is almost completely different here. For example the way we prepare Dosa is completely different from the way the Kannadigas prepare it.

Aaaah... I guess you did not read what I wrote. I said I have travelled across the width and length of this beautiful country ( should feel lucky be an Indian). I am not extrapolating anything, I have been to Ooty, Kodai, salem, Chennai, Madurai amongst the major places in TN. Heck for that matter I own farm houses in Hosur and Krishnagiri ( Guys I am now one of you ). I know about the diff of taste in TN and KA cuisine , been there and seen that :D. Karthik one thing seriously, dont you think we all love our local food and think that its the best one can get? I am from eastern part of this country and we also think our cuisine is the best ;) ( I am not a Bong btw)

You stay in a 150 a nite lodge, the hospitality will not change. :)

Too scared :D well i am not doubting the hospitality of the 150 lodge guy, but the major prob is language. He wont understand hindi and I wont understand Tamil. English is the only way and if he does not understand English then I am in soup :D

It is not the temples alone...But the monstority of the structures and the intricate designs that leave you awe-struck.

No doubt about that, and I am not belittling them ( who am i to do that either) What I am saying is that, there are other places equally if not more, beautiful than those temples. People dont go there just because of connectivity or because no one knows about them.

Small example I would give, there is a small hill station in MP called Pachmadi. Its one of the best one can ever experience. ( This I am saying after being fortunate to see atleast two dozens of them) The natural limestone structures can just leave you spellbound. But I bet none of you would have even heard of that place ( Its popular because once the Cong general committee meeting was held there ). Its the least known place for most of the Indians, because its never advertised properly and the worst part is getting there. Bhopal does not have a decent airport and its an overnight drive from Bhopal.

p.s.: I invite you to come to TN once and if you come to Ooty side, do let me know :)

I have been there many times. I was in Ooty for a weekend some 4/5 months back. Drover from Bangalore, mysore through Bandipur to ooty.

Well if you sincerely invite me, I dont mind driving back again :) So lets talk in PM :)

MP also have temples and much more my invitation to all pk defence forum members to visit MP :welcome:

Dude, are you talking about Khajuraho? ;)

I studied in Bhopal :D So been there seen that :D

Infact am planning to do another trip in near future. Are you somewhere around?

Kerala is so beautiful. I think TN is on top mainly because of business travel.

Valparai:
valpara_1.jpg

551583801_6b94bbc63a.jpg

296125242_23134147ee_b-1.jpg

Thanks jayron.. looks as beautiful as our munnar. But ive heard it rains there plenty..

Remember the song vaalparai vattaparai.. by subha or something..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom