What's new

Sukhoi pilot awarded gallantry medal for phenomenal courage "Iron Fist"

It could be just me but I don't think there was any extraordinary courage in it. He did this effort to save his life. If It would be me in his position, i will do anything to fight for life. Not to mention when *** is on fire and life is in danger, you get all the strength in world.

By doing it he saved life of another person that is commendable. I would rather praise him in a situation when suppose there were two levers one for each pilot and he saved life of other person first before him.

Also, I think it was mentioned when crash happened because bomb was not released at correct time or something. Was that wrong?

Some time i think when force do not have anything they just nominate people. Like in IT, managers nominate to get their team noticed.

Read the citation again ... he saved lots of civilian lives by maneuvring the plane away.

If not, those lost civlian lives would have been the headline news for "Iron fist", not what we currently recall that exercise for.

In other words, he risked his own life (and his co-pilots) by delaying the ejection after he had moved the plane away from bystanders.

Back
Top Bottom