What's new

Suicides, Some for Separatist Cause, Jolt India

Zaheerul Hassan

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
HYDERABAD, India — Sai Kumar Meegada, a 20-year-old straight-A chemical engineering student at a prestigious university here, came home from breakfast one morning early this month, slipped a length of clothesline around his neck, tied it to the ceiling fan in his dorm room and hanged himself.

“For the people of Telangana, this is my final salute,” said a note he left, referring to the decades-old struggle to create a separate region in Andhra Pradesh, a large state in southern India. “My final and last request is take my body to the legislative assembly. Goodbye.”
Suicides, Some for Telangana?s Cause, Jolt India - NYTimes.com

HYDERABAD, India — Sai Kumar Meegada, a 20-year-old straight-A chemical engineering student at a prestigious university here, came home from breakfast one morning early this month, slipped a length of clothesline around his neck, tied it to the ceiling fan in his dorm room and hanged himself.

“For the people of Telangana, this is my final salute,” said a note he left, referring to the decades-old struggle to create a separate region in Andhra Pradesh, a large state in southern India. “My final and last request is take my body to the legislative assembly. Goodbye.”
Suicides, Some for Telangana?s Cause, Jolt India - NYTimes.com

How do you know that's the reason he killed himself? FYI I didn't bother reading the jew york times link. :)

:pakistan:

Telangana is not a separatist movement unfortunate an educated guy done this...i dont know how its a jolt to india

Last edited:
there is a demand for a seperate state within india.it is sad that how politicians play with the emotions of thousands of people to fullfill their own political agenda:hitwall::hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom