What's new

Sudan woman sentenced to death for marrying non-Muslim forced to give birth in chains

Rahul9090

Reaction score
Country
India
Meriam-Ibrahim_2918728b-4-479043.jpg

Meriam Ibrahim was condemned to death after she was convicted of apostasy earlier this month – the abandonment of one's religious faith – and has been in prison ever since.

The 26-year-old doctor was given four days to repent and escape death, but the deadline passed without her changing her mind.

She was also been sentenced to 100 lashes for committing "zena" – Arabic for illegitimate sex – for having a relationship with a non-Muslim.

Ms Ibrahim gave birth to a healthy baby girl in the hospital wing at Omdurman Federal Women’s Prison in Sudan's capital, Khartoum.

Now her husband, Dr Daniel Wani, has described his delight at meeting his daughter for the first time, as well as his anger that his wife was forced to give birth in chains.

Mr Wani told The Telegraph: "It was very wonderful to see my baby daughter – I am so happy. The baby is very beautiful."

He said that his wife chose their daughter's name – Maya.

He added: "She is OK. She does not look too bad."
Dr Wani is allowed only very restricted access to his wife and children.

He said: "I will try tomorrow. But they probably won't let me in as I can only twice a week.

"They make it very hard for you."

Ms Ibrahim has been kept shackled during her time in jail and even had to give birth in chains.

Dr Wani said: "They kept a chain on her legs, she is very unhappy about that."

Ms Ibrahim married her husband, a Christian, in a formal church ceremony in 2011 and the couple also have a son, 20-month-old Martin, who is currently with her in jail outside Khartoum.

Martin is not allowed to be cared for by his father because the authorities claim that the young child is a Muslim.

Muslim women in Sudan are forbidden to marry non-Muslims, although Muslim men are permitted to marry outside the faith.

By law, children must follow their father's religion.

Ms Ibrahim's legal team are waiting for news on the case after has appealing against the couple's convictions. If the appeal is unsuccessful they will take the case to Sudan's High Court.

Although Dr Wani said he is sure that his wife will not renounce her Christian religion, he insisted that knowing how much support she has across the world is a real boost.

He said: "She really appreciates that and is thanking people.

"She wants people to support her and pressure the government to reverse the sentence.

"I really hope they do."

They kept a chain on her legs, she is very unhappy about that-Dr Daniel Wani, Ms Ibrahim's husband

Sudan woman sentenced to death for marrying non-Muslim forced to give birth in chains | World | News | Daily Express

Well they r just delaying this.......It may turn nasty. They should have finished her off within days now as time passes it will become very hard.
Are you saying that the poor girl should be killed?

This is a retarded move by Sudan, it's full of bigotry. In Islam this is not the punishment for pre-marital sex.

Further, most Muslim nations today have national law which they should put to use.

This is a retarded move by Sudan, it's full of bigotry. In Islam this is not the punishment for pre-marital sex.

Further, most Muslim nations today have national law which they should put to use.
there is punishment, but i t depends weather the accused is married or un married............

God please take me with you. Have seen enough. The first who need to be punished hard are these religious faggots around the world. Then only this world can become a paradise for "Humans". These people give much value to books than humanity. A sane person or a kid has much better understanding about humanity than these freaks.

Why don't these freaks mind their own business rather than intervening in other people's Personal matters.

Well they r just delaying this.......It may turn nasty. They should have finished her off within days now as time passes it will become very hard.
Tell that when someone does the same to one of your kin :disagree:

Tell that when someone does the same to one of your kin :disagree:
lol we r strict in our believes and if somebody does that here as well we will expect same faith for that person.

That's why Muslims need to be treated the same way they treat others in non-Muslim countries.
we r not treating any non muslim anything bad here. Her partner was not even touched.

Are you saying that the poor girl should be killed?
she aint a poor girl. She is a person who has committed crime and needs to be punished for it thats all. Nothing more or less then that.

Its u who is making a big deal out of it.

Last edited:
lol we r strict in our believes and if somebody does that here as well we will expect same faith for that person.
So just for some belief you'll intervene and force your belief on someone who doesn't believe in what you do? What logic is that. Belief is something which should and meant to be personal and not to be forced upon others, specially when it encourages such demonic punishments. Sorry dude but i don't agree with you, irrelevant to which religion it is based upon.

And what sort of logic is this, when muslim does it to a non muslim you applaud and praise him and when a muslim girl does it you give her so painful death.

@AUSTERLITZ please remove the negative rating.......its our believe and yr nobody as a non muslim to decide.

So just for some belief you'll intervene and force your belief on someone who doesn't believe in what you do? What logic is that. Belief is something which should and meant to be personal and not to be forced upon others, specially when it encourages such demonic punishments. Sorry dude but i don't agree with you, irrelevant to which religion it is based upon.

And what sort of logic is this, when muslim does it to a non muslim you applaud and praise him and when a muslim girl does it you give her so painful death.
My believes i mean our religious believes dumbo. Our religion is our way of life. It defines our moral,cultural principles. And Frankly we dont need to explain to u as yr not one of us to understand in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom