What's new

Stop extortion: Muhith to Juba League

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score
Stop extortion: Muhith to Juba League
Senior Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2013-05-12 14:13:31.0 Updated: 2013-05-12 18:47:21.0

Stop extortion: Muhith to Juba League - bdnews24.com

Finance Minister Abul Maal Abdul Muhith has virtually acknowledged the ruling Awami League’s youth front Juba League is involved in extortion when he asked its leaders to stay away from that path.

“Do not continue on your path of extortion. Run your organisation with your own money if necessary,” said the senior Awami League leader at a Juba League anti-shutdown rally amidst the general strike called by the Jamaat-e-Islami on Sunday.

“Considering my age, pardon me if you don’t like my advice,” the minister continued.

From the rally staged in the Kamalapur Rail Station circle, he also advised the members of Jubo League to peacefully combat acts of terror.

“No-one can stop terror with more terror. Miscreants flee in the face of resistance by peaceful people.”

The Finance Minister compared Shahbagh’s Ganajagaran Mancha with Hifazat- e Islam’s rally at Shapla Chattar to clarify his point.

“Shahbagh’s Mancha is peaceful whereas Hifazat’s platform is not. If a protest is violent, it does not deserve attention. It is our responsibility to restrain protests of this nature.”

Rights to stage strikes and rallies are democratic but arson and murders in the name of these democratic rights will not be tolerated, said the minister.

Muhith criticised the Chittagong-based organisation saying, “We don’t want this Hifazat-e Islam. This Hifazat-e Islam actually is the death of Islam.”

Rashed Khan Menon, President of the Workers Party of Bangladesh, in his address said, “Those who are causing trouble, unrest and killing people because of their lust for power will have nowhere to run once resisted.”

Back
Top Bottom