What's new

Steps to overhaul Indian Army's Maruti Jeepsy's.

The_Sidewinder

Reaction score
Country
India
Indian army is really lacking in Armoured fighting vehicles like Humvees. Although two years ago Tata Landrover with Mahindra Axe came out to fullfill these needs. But somewhere these projects seems to be lost. What steps are taken to overhaul long serving Maruti Jeepsy series? If anyone has updates please post them. I am eager to know?

Here is the update,
Indian army gonna sell all of them and gonna buy some real army vehicles.

Here is the update,
Indian army gonna sell all of them and gonna buy some real army vehicles.

Okey, really?? Your serious or just kidding me mate?? Do you have any updates which vehicles will replace the Jeepsy's?

Na am just joking dude. I think its about time that Indian Army should ge something hat look like a army vehicle, not like a damn makeshift gypsy. They were testing few vehicles last year but i dont know who it is or wtf it is. Probably mahindra or tata.

The maruti jeepsy are not battle field vehicles. Those will be replaced with appropriate one.
For battle field once like Humvee for Tata I am sure they are in testing of some vehicle as I have seen it in testing.
But the project is long delaied by MOD.

Okey, really?? Your serious or just kidding me mate?? Do you have any updates which vehicles will replace the Jeepsy's?

Another thing dude its GYPSY i think.

The maruti jeepsy are not battle field vehicles. Those will be replaced with appropriate one.
For battle field once like Humvee for Tata I am sure they are in testing of some vehicle as I have seen it in testing.
But the project is long delaied by MOD.

yeah they are waiting for somebody to offer them some commission out of it.

Another thing dude its GYPSY i think.

yeah they are waiting for somebody to offer them some commission out of it.

Sorry mate, I stood for original Jeepsy form. Although Maruti call these jeeps GYPSY. I guess they are not really interested to phase out these GYPSYs sooner.

Thanks a lot for the information. But why varients of Safari and Scorpio? Does India ever going to Induct HUMVEE kind of light armoured vehicles. Safari, Sumo ok not bad. But letting our soldiers to travel unprotected in those kind of vehicle without any protection from bullets, IEDs etc, is our Jawan's lifes are that cheap? What happened to Mahindra Axe?:crazy_pilot:

Thanks a lot for the information. But why varients of Safari and Scorpio? Does India ever going to Induct HUMVEE kind of light armoured vehicles. Safari, Sumo ok not bad. But letting our soldiers to travel unprotected in those kind of vehicle without any protection from bullets, IEDs etc, is our Jawan's lifes are that cheap? What happened to Mahindra Axe?:crazy_pilot:

Army's requirements of vehicles is huge. All don't need to be AFV type.

Humvees are not resistant to IEDs btw brah ;)
In fact quite the opposite.

Back
Top Bottom