What's new

Stealthy Kolkata class destroyers (Project-15A)

New Recruit

Reaction score
The Kolkata class of guided-missile destroyers of the Indian Navy were conceptualized under Project 15A, and include land-attack capability as well as some signature reduction features.Three ships of the class are being built at Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL). The first vessel is expected to join the fleet in 2012.Four more ships are planned under Project 15B,and construction was approved by India's Defence Acquisition Council in February 2009

In March 2009, the government gave approval for four more destroyers under Project 15B. Even though Type 15B retains the hull form of Kolkata class destroyers, there will be changes in the superstructure and will be far stealthier with better sound and infrared suppression systems. The Project 15B will be armed with the Nirbhay cruise missile of 1000km range, the hypersonic Brahmos-II cruise missile and Extended Range Surface to Air Missile (ER-SAM) with a range of 100 km

Ships of the class

They are coming 2013 actually.Thtas when barak -8 becomes operational.

Don't know but manager of israei firm IAI said in an interview in a magazine article i read that delivery of barak-8 would be made in 2013.

you have no idea how angry it makes me every time i realize that these ships should have been operational by now.... deliveries starting in 2008....
but still better late than never.

you have no idea how angry it makes me every time i realize that these ships should have been operational by now.... deliveries starting in 2008....
but still better late than never.

xctly we shuld ask how much delay u xpct while signing contract

80%project gets deay..... even more than that I think........

AFAIK, no. :(

koi nai thanks... will try to find some

Back
Top Bottom