Sri Lanka confirm Pak tour

Imran Khan

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Sri Lanka confirm Pak tour

Updated at: 1222 PST, Friday, December 19, 2008
LAHORE: Sri Lankan Cricket Board has confirmed on Friday its team would tour Pakistan in the third week of January.

Director media Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Asif Sohail while talking to Geo News said Sri Lankan Cricket Board chairman Arjuna Ranatunga has made it confirm that Sri Lankan team would tour Pakistan in the third week of January.

Asif Sohail said Sri Lanka would play three tests, three one-day matches and a 20twenty match during the tour.

PCB spokesman said PCB is finalizing the schedule of Sri Lankan series, which would be announced likely within couple of days.

Srilanks received 1.2millian $ just for confirming this tour as the matches are not fixed by ICC. Now Srilanka making extra 1.2 millian $ thats lota money.
PCB should demand to get this amount from BCCI as BCCI rejected to play in neutral place...PCB looks like a looser. Can it protest now?

Link: http://cricket.ndtv.com/cricket/ndtvcricket/cricketstory.aspx?id=SPOEN20080077217

One more news Here:
"The PCB Chairman took the advice of the President on the possibility of Pakistan also suspending cricket ties with India which could lead to Pakistani players not being allowed to play in the Twenty20 tournaments in India," one source said

Link:http://cricket.ndtv.com/cricket/ndtvcricket/cricketstory.aspx?id=SPOEN20080076879

Last edited:
Pakistan will raise a strong team against Sri Lanka : Abdul Qadir
20 Dec 2008, ANI

KARACHI: Chief selector of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), Abdul Qadir, has said that Pakistan will be raising a strong team against Sri Lanka
for the upcoming series.

"We are aiming to raise a strong team for the series against Sri Lanka," Qadir said.

He said that his prime motive is to improve Pakistan's test ranking and use the series as a launch pad for the same.

"Our aim is to help Pakistan gain a place among the top-two ranked (Test) teams in the world and want to start taking steps towards that direction with this series," the News quoted Qadir, as saying.

Pakistan is currently languishing on the sixth spot in the ICC Test rankings.

Qadir offered all help to coach Intikhab Alam in order to improve harmony in the Pakistan dressing room, which has been in the news recently for all wrong reasons.

"We can sit down with the players and give them pep talks because team spirit is really very important to ensure best possible results," he said.

However, Qadir admitted that the gap created by the absence of some star performers such as Mohammad Yousuf and Mohammad Asif will be hard to fill.

"Yousuf's exit has left a big hole in our middle-order and it's very important that we find a good replacement," he said.

Almost 20 Pakistani cricketers including Yousuf have been banned by PCB to play for the national team after they joined the breakaway Indian Cricket league (ICL).

Despite lacking several star players in the team lineup, Qadir hoped that Pakistan will give a tough time to the Lankans in the series.

"There will be no excuses," he said adding "I mean we have to give our best no matter what the circumstances are," said Qadir.

:pakistan:

Pakistan must sue BCCI and the Govt of India for not allowing the cicket team to travel to Pakistan

If you win the case then it will help your Pakistan Crcket Board that is in a very poor financial condition and also some of the money can be diverted to the Government to help it in times of Pakistan's crisis

BCCI is a very rich body. suing it will also help PCB

How sad, while their brothers and sisters in Pakistan suffer, rich and affluent Pakistanis living in Netherland Italy, Germany and US talk about..everything other than helping their poor countrymen

What have you done to help Pakistan in time of its crisis?

Yousuf's exit has left a big hole in our middle-order and it's very important that we find a good replacement," he said.

Almost 20 Pakistani cricketers including Yousuf have been banned by PCB to play for the national team after they joined the breakaway Indian Cricket league (ICL).

Its very shameful that PCB still keeping ICL players out and trying to BUILD best team. PCB really *** big time compare to Srilanka. Arjuna Ranatunga clearly said to BCCI that ICL/IPL all same for lanka.

Pakistan must sue BCCI and the Govt of India for not allowing the cicket team to travel to Pakistan

If you win the case then it will help your Pakistan Crcket Board that is in a very poor financial condition and also some of the money can be diverted to the Government to help it in times of Pakistan's crisis

BCCI is a very rich body. suing it will also help PCB

How sad, while their brothers and sisters in Pakistan suffer, rich and affluent Pakistanis living in Netherland Italy, Germany and US talk about..everything other than helping their poor countrymen

What have you done to help Pakistan in time of its crisis?

What have Pakistanis done to help their fellow countrymen?
I live in the Netherlands, I've had like dozens of studentjobs, I've worked my *** off just to buy things for friends and family over at Pakistan.
Am I rich? Hell no! Is my family rich? Not exactly, this is a wrong image people in India and Pakistan sometimes have about their relatives or countrymen living in the west.
Most of us are not rich, we can barely pay our rent, there are so much taxes over here, even taxes over taxes, it's not even funny.
Heck, I couldn't even pay my own schoolbooks for a while because I had to wait for my paycheck, everyone else from my class had their books already paid by their parents for them, now I don't want to bother my parents for that, they have enough on their hands especially with all the bills and stuff.
In a period of a few months, I've sent a total of 1500 euros towards Pakistan, and that's quite alot of money for someone being 17 and worked as a stockboy.
And I know i'm not the only one, alot of Pakistanis try and send money to ease things up for their family or friends.
Even when disasters happen in Pakistan people send money, what else can we do?
Want me to fly over to Pakistan and do what? I can't do anything.
You shouldn't blame Pakistani people living in the west, i'm 100% sure most of them almost always send money to the people that need it the most in Pakistan.
We might live in the west, but our hearts and minds belong in Pakistan.
I'm sure same goes for you Indians.

Any cricketers from Lanka, India, Bangla or Pakistan makes much more than what we learn. No point in supporting them financially...If you have more money donate to prime minister fund of ur respective country so that will be used for any major crisis. Dont waste ur money by donating it to some club with patriotism...

Sri Lanka wants series against India, not Pakistan

Date: 23 December, 2008(Tuesday)
Bipin Dani

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) likely to get another jolt soon. Subsequently after the refusal by the BCCI to send a team to Pakistan next month, Mahela Jaywardane team may also not be permitted to replace India in Pakistan, according to the Sri Lankan sports minister Gamini Lokuge.

Speaking over his mobile from Colombo, minutes after sacking interim committee chairman Arjuna Ranatunga, Lokuge said, "It is news to me that he[Ranatungta] had committed to the PCB for this tour. He even did not consult the interim committee members".

"I would like India to come to Sri Lanka rather than our team participating in Pakistan. I am yet to decide whether to hold elections for the Sri Lanka board or run one more interim committee," Lokuge added.

Earlier today, Lokuge dissolved Sri Lanka Cricket – which was headed by Arjuna Ranatunga. "Minister of Sports and Public Recreation Gamini Lokuge has dissolved the Sri Lanka Cricket Interim Committee with immediate effect," a media statement said.

Sports ministry secretary S. Liyanagama has been appointed to oversee the day-to-day affairs of the cricket administration until a new management committee is installed.

The next man to head Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) would certainly be pro-BCCI and not like Arjuna Ranatunga who was at loggerheads with the Indian cricket board on several issues.

Sri Lanka wants series against India, not Pakistan - Cricdb | an eye on cricket

Looks like even Sri Lanka is not going to tour Pakistan. Will PCB go bankrupt then?.

everyones scared because India hasnt won the World Cup in 3 decades we are about yet win another one so sad i saw your players use cheap tactics Kapil Dev hahah

^^Even if you want any one in Pakistan, no body is willing to come. So your statement is little funny.

everyone wants to go to shinning India where they will be discrimanted and be killed by Hindu extremist so as usually killings...of Sikhs,Chirstians and Muslims such a friendly country.

Whether you accept it or not, that is not the way it is happening and is not going to be. Instead improve security conditions and others will come to play.

Back
Top Bottom