What's new

Some questions about Pakistan politics

eastandwest

New Recruit

Reaction score
Reading Times and other US news such as CNN can sometimes be frustrating, for their informations tends to lean toward the interest of the public and the government, so that's why i ask these questions.

1. Besides the religious extremist organizations how does the people in Pakistan view America and the Western World?

2. Bhutto, is widely consider to be a reformer that bears the idea and relation of the Western world and yet she's still popular among the people, base on this fact, is it possible that the future of Pakistan will gear toward the Western world?

3. Do you trust your own government, do you believe that your government is corruptive and unefficient?

4. What do you feel about the Chinese, what does the religious extremist feel about the Chinese?

5. Chinese had been report to oppressed East Turkestan people, what do you think of it?

6. The animosity between India and China is unlikely to alter even if America turns to support Pakistan, in fact the United States is more than willing to provide military and economical assistance to Pakistan under the circumstance that the Pakistani cuts off relations with China. So would it not be more beneficial to the Pakistani people to create alliance with America, judging by the superior military and technology advantage compare to China.

7. Pakistan has abundant of Chinese military technology that is inferior to the Western military technology that India possesses, do you worry?

8. Is there any pro-west politicians in Pakistan?

9. If you are determine to believe in the bright future of Chinese - Pakistani relations, what is your basis?

10. The stalemate that exist between India and Pakistan is due to China's backing of Pakistan and simultaneously distracting India in the border issue, suppose that in the future China is incapable of supporting Pakistan, would it be wise that Pakistan choose a more reliable ally?

I know that my questions is kind of controversial, but i hope you guys
understand that the intentions of my questions are out of curiosity not harm.

Thankyou

Last edited:
Reading Times and other US news such as CNN can sometimes be frustrating, for their informations tends to lean toward the interest of the public and the government, so that's why i ask these questions.

1. Besides the religious extremist organizations how does the people in Pakistan view America and the Western World?

2. Bhutto, is widely consider to be a reformer that bears the idea and relation of the Western world and yet she's still popular among the people, base on this fact, is it possible that the future of Pakistan will gear toward the Western world?

3. Do you trust your own government, do you believe that your government is corruptive and unefficient?

4. What do you feel about the Chinese, what does the religious extremist feel about the Chinese?

5. Chinese had been report to oppressed East Turkestan people, what do you think of it?

6. The animosity between India and China is unlikely to alter even if America turns to support Pakistan, in fact the United States is more than willing to provide military and economical assistance to Pakistan under the circumstance that the Pakistani cuts off relations with China. So would it not be more beneficial to the Pakistani people to create alliance with America, judging by the superior military and technology advantage compare to China.

7. Pakistan has abundant of Chinese military technology

9. If you are determine to believe in the bright future of Chinese - Pakistani relations, what is your basis?

10. The stalemate that exist between India and Pakistan is due to China's backing of Pakistan and simultaneously distracting India in the border issue, suppose that in the future China is incapable of supporting Pakistan, would it be wise that Pakistan choose a more reliable ally?

Thankyou
Sure, let me answer one by one
1) We don't really care what America does as long as it stays out of our country internal matters.The western world except US does not interfere in our internal matters so not sure why we should be anti Canada or anti western countries.
2) Benazir bhutto-Well! She was very very corrupted and looted millions of dollars if not billions.She would even sell her mother to get Prime Minister Seat so we dont have respect for her.
3)Obviously it's ineffective but we have to give it time as its a democratic government so it'll stay for 5 years.Next time we'll be able to vote for a better government.
4) Sorry, we don't have many extremists here..What do we fee about China?Its a great country with great people.We hope it becomes next super power.
5) Yeah, yeah..we do know what you people have done in Iraq and other countries so don't tell us what Chinese has done.We've seen enough US Propaganda.
6) NO! China is not like US.China has helped Pakistani people by building superior infrastructure and they're still working with us on several infrastructure projects plus they don't give our corrupt leaders loans which is good for us because then there is much less corruption and the project gets completed..We have a very unique relationship with Chinese.The relationship between Chinese and Pakistanis are not only in Military side but also on civil side.Pakistan is a huge market for Chinese companies so they're investing here.Besides, China is a huge neighbor we can't afford to annoy it.
7) Umm so whats the point..China helped us build POF Factory where we built a lot of small fire arms and weapons for our Army.It also built us Kamra.We had no base what so ever and China helped us.Plus, they don' blackmail us by slapping sanctions on us whenever they like.We don't rely completely on China but also diversify our arms purchase so it's completely safe.
8)Not sure what do you mean by Pro West.Pakistani leaders should be pro Pakistani...not pro West.
9)I believe government has already started several new projects with Chinese.Gwadar will also be functional once BLA is fully taken care off and Chinese are still working in our country despite the fact that other countries engr's have left country due to security conditions.The normal people are not anti chines at all so there is no reason why there won't be good relationship between China and Pakistan.Most importantly, like i said before we can't afford to have bad relations with China..it's a very huge neighbor and a close ally.Military wise, well i don't know much but it depends on how fast China can catch up with western world but we still got to diversify our arms purchase.The relation between China-Pakistan is like Russia-India or like Soviet-India.
10) Umm no, the reason is our nuclear weapons..Army, Air Force.As soon as our economy recovers we will have a higher budget for Defence so we will be able to buy more weapons to maintain minimum deterrence.Fortunately for us, we have enough weapons that in case of war India will be devastated..no matter how much damage they inflict to Pakistan.Also, China does not give us weapons for free.We buy them.They offer us TOT and other things which are good.So we also buy subs from Germany, AWACS from Sweden.We now don't rely on one country only which is good for us.What we Pakistanis need to do is build strong economy..as long as we have money other countries will sell us weapons.Just like Sweden is selling us AWACS, Germany Subs, France subs and fighters etc..

Last edited:

America is not trusted most of the Pakistanis. There is no hostilities towards other western European countries

Bhutto is still popular but not coz of her ideas but coz of her Dad. People loves her Dad.

No i don;t trust them. They are corrupt and unefficient. But we want them to complete their term since they have people mandate.

Most people loves China. Majority religious people aren't that against China.

This is one thing we do not like about China. Infact Pakistan should play greater role for the rights of Turkestanis

America stopped supply of military hardware when we needed it, in 1965 and 1971. They put sanction on us. Americans dumped us when we won them the Afgan war. They sanctioned our F16 and paid us back in wheat. So I do not see America as beneficial.

7. Pakistan has abundant of Chinese military technology that is inferior to the Western military technology that India possesses, do you worry?
Of course but both Pakistan and China together are catching that difference

Yes , PML and PPP are both pro-west
Chinese do not betrayed us like the US plus we do not have a choice so does the Chinese.

China is a good help but we are also capable of defending our self against India. Example being sanctioned era of 1965 war. Regarding 1971, it was civil war we lost, not the war with India. Yes more allies are good, like Russia, Japan etc.

Thankyou
You are welcome

Back
Top Bottom