What's new

Somali pirates demand $1 m to free Pakistani

BATMAN

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Somali pirates demand $1 m to free Pakistani

KARACHI: Somali pirates have extended dateline for getting ransom to free four Pakistani nationals, SAMAA reported Thursday.

The pirates have given 15 days’ more time to the heirs of Pakistani nationals for getting ransom worth $ 1 million.

Family of Captain Wasi spends terrible time in the situation when nothing is clear about his life. His daughter, Laila, feels herself half dead in father’s separation. The saddened family has asked the government for help but till now no any political leader or government official has come forward to help.

The captain’s wife Durdana told the media that the family has asked Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry to take notice of the issue. SAMAA

KARACHI: Somali pirates have extended dateline for getting ransom to free four Pakistani nationals, SAMAA reported Thursday.

The pirates have given 15 days’ more time to the heirs of Pakistani nationals for getting ransom worth $ 1 million.

Family of Captain Wasi spends terrible time in the situation when nothing is clear about his life. His daughter, Laila, feels herself half dead in father’s separation. The saddened family has asked the government for help but till now no any political leader or government official has come forward to help.

The captain’s wife Durdana told the media that the family has asked Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry to take notice of the issue. SAMAA

This seems to be an old news but i never came across this.

Can any one tell how pirates kidnapped Pakistanis?

What is the take of pathetic govt. on this issue?
Any investigations or special task force? or these men would be left to die?

I guess this is the first instance of a Pakistani sailor being held hostage.

Pray to god he returns in good health.

Well there is no money in "quomi khazana" except to pay large sums to world cup losing side, money is there to spend on China trips, money is there to spend on parliamentarians, money is there to spend on bullet proof cars, money is there to spend on bullet trains, money is there to be spend on London and Dubai trips BUT there is no money to free poor 4 Pakistanis from somali pirates.

I think last I heard the sum was $600,000.00

In my opinion the families should contact US Embassy or UN Human Rights Counsel/Commission.

Well there is no money in "quomi khazana" except to pay large sums to world cup losing side, money is there to spend on China trips, money is there to spend on parliamentarians, money is there to spend on bullet proof cars, money is there to spend on bullet trains, money is there to be spend on London and Dubai trips BUT there is no money to free poor 4 Pakistanis from somali pirates.

I think last I heard the sum was $600,000.00

In my opinion the families should contact US Embassy or UN Human Rights Counsel/Commission.

why US embassy??

They must ask 1m rupees man why dollar? we are poor nation do not have 1 million.

Because they might arrange $$ to free these Pakistanis, Lets not blame US for everything, they have help Pakistan in many ways as well that we can't deny.

Machoman...They must ask 1m rupees man why dollar? we are poor nation do not have 1 million.

Yes we have bundle of them, if an average MPA is earning 3 Million Rupees per year officially.

Because they might arrange $$ to free these Pakistanis, Lets not blame US for everything, they have help Pakistan in many ways as well that we can't deny.

i think in your way of the solution it will add fuel to the fire. next time when they capture 4 more they will ask 5 million $$s. we need to wipe out pirate problem from the roots!!

Trying to cover-up your dirty secrets!!!

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Shame on you.

what dirty secrets are you talking about which he would like to cover up by posting that simple post ?? man you really need a life !

relativiti...You have to know the complete picture, those Pakistanis are captured for the past 9 months and Govt has done nothing at all absolutely shamelessly nothing, And what do they declare in their Oaths that they will protect people of Pakistan. Now that 30 or less days are left Govt has yet to take a decisive action in terms of $$ or armed action. Any armed action could lead to disaster.

relativiti...You have to know the complete picture, those Pakistanis are captured for the past 9 months and Govt has done nothing at all absolutely shamelessly nothing, And what do they declare in their Oaths that they will protect people of Pakistan. Now that 30 or less days are left Govt has yet to take a decisive action in terms of $$ or armed action. Any armed action could lead to disaster.

Its either armed action or payment - there isn't any other option. Payment sets a bad precedent- 1 million is not a small price by any means . Once paid this situation will happen again and again ...it is much , much better to have a deterant action in the form of a special-forces rescue attempt .Hostage crisis is one of their responsibilities , so they should be allowed to execute it.

were is ghaddari who pay for RD millions like he is his father.shame on PPP

Back
Top Bottom