What's new

Six killed in US drone strike in North Waziristan

Making drones is not complicated but i am told that the special thing installed in it is hellfire misile technology.

In my opinion if you have to go for a military operation. Then
1- Evacuate the entire civilian population from FATA. Arrange refugee camps for them in KPK like what was done for afghan refugees.
2- Pour more than half million of your military and paramilitary troops into this giant military operation.
3- The target zone should be entire tribal area from bajaur to waziristan.
4- The operation should be against all the militant groups i.e TTP, haqqani network, hafiz gul bahadur group, maulvi nazir group, lashkar e islam , ansar ul islam , IMU and other foriegn fighters.
5- Kill on sight, no surrenders or arrests of militants.
6- After operation, seal pak-afghan border with fence and mines if it possible.
7- Settling back of only those tribals who get clearance from intelligence agencies.

No tribal should be allowed to carry weapons, FCR should be abolished, FATA should be declared province, jirga system should be replaced by courts, khasadar should be replaced by police, proper budget should be alloted for development, education, health etc.....tribals would not complain if they are safe from military operation and are properly compensate.

But it wont solve the issue of terrorism, dispersed taliban would continue attacks and blasts.
In the long term regulate and reform madrassas to get rid of religous madrassas.

That sounds easy!

i just talked while practically it is extremely difficult task.

One can't completely defeat such an enemy BUT just to share some experience from India on fighting insurgencies (and India probably has more experience and success than most countries) is that India uses area domination and quick response networks eventually followed by training local police. The strategy is expensive in men loss and money. But Pakistan is already losing men and money even by acting like an undecided suicidal person.

But more than military strategy, its the clarity of thought that counts. Indian govt is VERY CLEAR that only they hold the biggest stick and talks are allowed only against insurgents who are on the defensive.

So you think such a strategy is possible?

One can't completely defeat such an enemy BUT just to share some experience from India on fighting insurgencies (and India probably has more experience and success than most countries) is that India uses area domination and quick response networks eventually followed by training local police. The strategy is expensive in men loss and money. But Pakistan is already losing men and money even by acting like an undecided suicidal person.

But more than military strategy, its the clarity of thought that counts. Indian govt is VERY CLEAR that only they hold the biggest stick and talks are allowed only against insurgents who are on the defensive.

So you think such a strategy is possible?

I dont think so, taliban insurgency is difficult to handle due to un-natural durand line, same ethnic group with same tribes lie on both sides of durand. Even if pakistan takes drastic steps, as suggested by me, most of the taliban would run away to afghanistan from where they would continue to attack security forces, would continue to attack major generals.
The real problem lies within military establishment of pakistan, their stance of good and bad taliban is nothing but double standards. Pakistan has to fully support afghan governament against afghan taliban to get rid of this entire taliban phenomena. Only strong, stable and peaceful afghanistan can bring peace in afghanistan. But if afghan taliban remain undefeated in join pak-afghan efforts then pakistan would be in big trouble as all taliban would become its enemies.

I dont think so, taliban insurgency is difficult to handle due to un-natural durand line, same ethnic group with same tribes lie on both sides of durand. Even if pakistan takes drastic steps, as suggested by me, most of the taliban would run away to afghanistan from where they would continue to attack security forces, would continue to attack major generals.
The real problem lies within military establishment of pakistan, their stance of good and bad taliban is nothing but double standards. Pakistan has to fully support afghan governament against afghan taliban to get rid of this entire taliban phenomena. Only strong, stable and peaceful afghanistan can bring peace in afghanistan. But if afghan taliban remain undefeated in join pak-afghan efforts then pakistan would be in big trouble as all taliban would become its enemies.

You are absolutely right about the double standards part. They have to go. In fact the clarity of thought that I mentioned, that's obviously missing in Pakistani decision makers.

Making drones is not complicated but i am told that the special thing installed in it is hellfire misile technology.

In my opinion if you have to go for a military operation. Then
1- Evacuate the entire civilian population from FATA. Arrange refugee camps for them in KPK like what was done for afghan refugees.
2- Pour more than half million of your military and paramilitary troops into this giant military operation.
3- The target zone should be entire tribal area from bajaur to waziristan.
4- The operation should be against all the militant groups i.e TTP, haqqani network, hafiz gul bahadur group, maulvi nazir group, lashkar e islam , ansar ul islam , IMU and other foriegn fighters.
5- Kill on sight, no surrenders or arrests of militants.
6- After operation, seal pak-afghan border with fence and mines if it possible.
7- Settling back of only those tribals who get clearance from intelligence agencies.

No tribal should be allowed to carry weapons, FCR should be abolished, FATA should be declared province, jirga system should be replaced by courts, khasadar should be replaced by police, proper budget should be alloted for development, education, health etc.....tribals would not complain if they are safe from military operation and are properly compensated.

But it wont solve the issue of terrorism, dispersed taliban would continue attacks and blasts.
In the long term regulate and reform madrassas to get rid of religous extremism

That's not a bad idea. I think that in the long term making FATA a province would also help. In my view it is different from KPK and thus would evolve a different political system.

It is no secret that the drone strikes often benefit the Pakistani state. On May 29, for example, a drone missile strike killed the number two leader of the Pakistani Taliban (also referred to as the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan or TTP), Waliur Rehman. The TTP has killed hundreds of Pakistani security forces and civilians in terrorist attacks throughout the country since its formation in 2007.

Back
Top Bottom