What's new

Shinde was enjoying Rajjo’s music launch when blasts ripped through Patna

Indo-guy

Reaction score
Country
India
http://www.niticentral.com/2013/10/...-when-blasts-ripped-through-patna-151408.html

The serial explosions in Patna on Sunday, which has so far claimed six lives, is being seen as a major security failure on parts of both the Central and Bihar intelligence agencies. Amid this, it is reported that when blasts ripped through the city’s Gandhi Maidan area during BJP’s Hunkar rally, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde was busy in enjoying dance at music launch of film Rajjo.
Highlighting the lackadaisical attitude of Centre in tackling the terror incidents, BJP leader Siddharth Nath Singh said, “Just see, this is the attitude of the Congress Government’s Home Ministers. When 26/11 took place, the then Union Home Minister (Shivraj Patil) was seen interacting with media while changing his dress every time whenever he came out on the day. When blasts took place in Patna, Shinde was busying in enjoying dance and music programme. He should have shown seriousness to tackle the situation.”
Even BJP leader Kirti Azad slammed Home Minister SushilKumar Shinde for attending the music launch of Kangana Ranaut’s upcoming movie, Rajjo and reiterated that such Minister is a laughing stock like the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
“It is shocking to find the Home Minister entertaining himself in a music function instead of monitoring the situation after the serial blasts,” another BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said.
The Home Minister has not yet said anything about his presence in the music launch function.
According to a report aired on a private TV channel, the Home Minister attended the music programme in Mumbai, even three hours after the explosions in Bihar capital.
According to the report, Shinde went on justifying his decision by saying that he was in touch with officials during the event.
In his address at the function, Shinde had said he initially thought that he would not be able to attend the function due to the explosions in Patna.
“You all know what had happened in Patna. I thought that I would not be able to come here. But, from my heart, I wanted to attend the function…,” he said
(With inputs from agencies)

Back
Top Bottom