What's new

Sheikh Nazim, Cypriot leading figure of Islam's mystical Sufi branch dies at 92

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
NICOSIA, Cyprus – Sheikh Muhammad Nazim Adil al-Qubrusi al-Haqqani, a leading figure of Sufism, the mystical branch of the Islamic faith, has died at the age of 92 in the north of ethnically divided Cyprus.

Imam Shakir Alemdar, the Vice Grand Mufti of Cyprus, confirmed the death on Tuesday. The imam hailed the Cypriot-born Sheikh Nazim as one of the world's great Islamic scholars and a spiritual leader to followers of Sufism.

Imam Alemdar said Sheikh Nazim traced his lineage back 1,500 years to the origins of Islam and the Prophet Muhammad.

The funeral for Sheikh Nazim, who had many followers around the world, will be held in the northern, Turkish Cypriot part of the capital Nicosia.
Sheikh Nazim, Cypriot leading figure of Islam's mystical Sufi branch dies at 92 | Fox News

He was kind of controversial. Later in very old age he seemed to change for the better and such.
in any case, انا لله وانا اليه راجعون.

1958113_647360911985390_1219021336795002158_n.jpg

Innalillahe inna ilehe rajeoon !!

Sheikh Nazim Adil Haqqani passes away today in Cyprus. Grand Sheikh of Naqshband order, he is from the golden chain of Aulia who have been instrumental in spreading Islam in western world, Turkey, Russia, Central Asia and Far East with massive following in Pakistan and India also.

I visited Sheikh in 2005 in Cyprus and took his dua. Alhamdolillah, Sheikh gave us all the love and blessed us with his love. I spent few days in his Masjid and had the exclusive honour of spending time and eating privately in his company at his table for many days. He insisted that I should stay with him and move to Syria but I had duties in Pak Sarzameen and took my leave for the mission we do today.

Today, this Wali leaves for the next world. Please recite Fatiha for Sheikh Nazim.. May Allah bless his soul with infinite khair.

Fi Aman Allah Ya Sheikh !
Timeline Photos - Syed Zaid Zaman Hamid [Official] | Facebook

10312547_772300826136411_1774282270171193674_n.jpg

Last edited:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom