What's new

Sharp decline in reading level among kids in India

Do not worry, their reading level will be increase once they have access to internet and start reading all those **** stories :kiss3:

It is well known India's literacy rate is high...Far higher than what a 3rd world country is...Esp the South or so I had read few years ago! Not sure where that guy (@Icewolf ) brought all those funny figures...No harm admitting the truth!

It is well known India's literacy rate is high...Far higher than what a 3rd world country is...Esp the South or so I had read few years ago! Not sure where that guy (@Icewolf ) brought all those funny figures...No harm admitting the truth!
contrary to ur appreciation of indian literacy rate, i would like to add some more perspectives.
1. indian literacy rate of 74.04% is still very less compared to other developing nations of the world.
2. interest of parents (esp in villages) to send their children to school was very less till the 90s. since then it (the interest) rose steadily. thoh education is rising...quality still needs to be improved, esp in the govt schools (both urban and rural).
3. midday meals have helped a lot to increase the primary enrollment.

how can your kids be good academically if your teachers are this bad:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/central-south-asia/229129-99-fail-test-school-teachers-india.html

Do not worry, their reading level will be increase once they have access to internet and start reading all those **** stories :kiss3:

I am sure their attractions will be more drawn to the content of the pictures/vids than to the text and their literacy rate will get improved by as many xxxxx words as they learn, that's about it!

That brings huge question on India's literacy rate.

Can it be trusted as a correct way to measure India's literacy?

I mean, 60% literacy for a country like India. It seemed a bit too fishy for me.

In India and Pakistan the yardstick is if anyone who can read and writ his or her name is considered literate.

I dont know the case about Bangladesh. But BD has put both India and Pakistan to shame with its highest literacy ratio

I heard that 80% of indian scoolkids dont pass secondary

Literacy means basic reading and writing skill which are useful for a common man. Every body wants to pass high school, since they will get loans based on the certificate for self employment.

I am sure their attractions will be more drawn to the content of the pictures/vids than to the text and their literacy rate will get improved by as many xxxxx words as they learn, that's about it!

That was supposed to be a joke :undecided:

Govt. school...bilkul govt ki thra hai...nakra..
I had studied in remote area govt.school...jab mein pheli bar delhi aya aur yha ka logo se interact kiya ...tab pta lga sala mein to 15 saal picha hu...

look @ the level of teacher

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the problem is with the teachers. After they pass the exams , and settle in govt job, they seldom work hard.
Many dont even teach properly or attend the classes.
These problems are huge in rural India.
However inspite of that, we have kids, inspite of all hardships, who merit with high grade and become successfull. :)

I believe the problem is with the teachers. After they pass the exams , and settle in govt job, they seldom work hard.
Many dont even teach properly or attend the classes.
These problems are huge in rural India.
However inspite of that, we have kids, inspite of all hardships, who merit with high grade and become successfull. :)

I thought Indians were good teachers.

There are many. But the problems lies with Rural govt schools.

Back
Top Bottom