What's new

Selling naswar better than doing politics, says Raisani

UmarJustice

New Recruit

Reaction score
Former Balochistan Chief Minister Nawab Aslam Raisani has said the PPP-led federal government repeated history by interfering the provincial government’s domain and handed over Gwadar Port to China after suspending his government.

Talking to media after the oath-taking ceremony of interim government at the Governor’s House here on Saturday, he thanked all the former members of Balochistan Assembly for supporting him. However, he said that some members left him at the eleventh hour. “These members regularly visited my office without my permission during past five years,” he added.

Raisani admitted that many unpleasant incidents took place during his tenure, but the government on the other hand took serious steps to improve law and order. “I express my sympathies with Hazara community people who faced several untoward incidents,” he added.

Referring to law and order, he said that the government alone could not curb terror incidents rather the civil institutions, security forces and the people should equally play their due role in this regard.

Raisani said from the very first day, he had tried to save Reko Dik and Gwadar Port as these are the assets of the people of Balochistan. “I remained intact till the end but at last, the Centre suspended my government and handed over Gwadar to China and Reko Dik to Chilean companies,” he said.

Responding to a question about his future in politics, Raisani said that his basic party membership has been suspended five months ago and it was better to sell naswar (A niche smokeless tobacco product) instead of doing politics in Pakistan.

Selling naswar better than doing politics, says Raisani | The Nation

Raisani said from the very first day, he had tried to save Reko Dik and Gwadar Port as these are the assets of the people of Balochistan. “I remained intact till the end but at last, the Centre suspended my government and handed over Gwadar to China and Reko Dik to Chilean companies,” he said.

I dont understand what nonsense he is spewing..these nawabi morons have been sitting on resources of baluchistan for last 64 years not making any valuable contribution to the country or their people. 54% of country land mass is no-go area for 98% of Pakistani citizen. Its about time these Balochi feudal are shipped to somewhere of no return and the province divided across administrative lines!

Back
Top Bottom