What's new

Saurav Ganguly offered BJP ticket to contest 2014 LS polls: reports :) :)

timetravel

Reaction score
Country
India
Former Indian cricket captain Sourav Ganguly has been offered a ticket to contest the general elections next year by the BJP but is undecided on whether to accept the offer.

It is learnt that the offer has come from the BJP's prime ministerial candidate, Narendra Modi, who has promised to make the Bengal sports icon the sports minister in the Cabinet if the party comes to power.

"Yes, I've an offer. But I'm still undecided on what to do. I've been busy for last few days... I'll let you know soon," Ganguly was quoted as saying in a leading Bengali daily.

The speculation has been doing rounds after he met Varun Gandhi through a common friend in the capital in mid November.

Varun, the national general secretary of BJP, is also the observer for West Bengal.

In the Trinamool Congress-ruled Bengal with 42 seats, BJP has a solitary presence in Darjeeling.

Ganguly, however, could not be reached for a reaction to the report.

Saurav Ganguly offered BJP ticket to contest 2014 LS polls: reports - Hindustan Times

Narendra Modi as PM
V.K Singh as defence minister
Sourav Ganguly as sports minister

Maybe a dream too big. But what if it comes true??

Saurav Ganguly as a Sports minister is a right choice, for sure :cheers:

Narendra Modi as PM
V.K Singh as defence minister
Sourav Ganguly as sports minister

Maybe a dream too big. But what if it comes true??
mate,we Bengalis are too much "secular" in nature to join a "Fascist" organization like BJP.i am sure you'll soon see many Bengalis in this thread protesting vehemently if Dada makes up his mind to fight the 2014 LS polls with a BJP ticket.they will most definitely question the credibility of Dada's "secular" nature if he chooses to join that party....

Firstly, nobody considers BJP as an anti-secular party apart from congressis......
Secondly, Bengalis tend to be 'secular' but like the rest of the country we're too pissed off with Congressi corruption and we have a very bitter experience with our 35 yr long communist rule which we recently overturned
So if Ganguly joins BJP no-one will say anything......but I highly doubt he will, as he is a communist-sympathizer.....

Last edited:
I hope he joins the team..

Dada can make every Bengal house to vote for him.

I so hope he accepts it.

Congress should not even contest the elections there if Dada joins BJP. :yahoo:

Dada can make a huge difference for BJP in Bengal due to his immense fan following. But I doubt he will bite the bullet!

mate,we Bengalis are too much "secular" in nature to join a "Fascist" organization like BJP.i am sure you'll soon see many Bengalis in this thread protesting vehemently if Dada makes up his mind to fight the 2014 LS polls with a BJP ticket.they will most definitely question the credibility of Dada's "secular" nature if he chooses to join that party....

Those people are Fascist and supporting this idea for their own benefit they are telling only BJP is a Fascist Party because they know well that only BJP can wipe out all this f*ck secular party and their criminal f**king leader. I am also from bengal and hope Ganguly will take positively his offer and all of bengali people who love India will support him with free hand.

u guys deserve to be in bangladesh

IMHO.....if Ganguly should join any party.....it should be AAP....

u guys deserve to be in bangladesh
mate i think you didn't understand the meaning of my post.i was in fact criticising my own race for being a bunch of pseudo-secular people.that's why i highlighted both the words SECULAR and FASCIST by putting them inside the invited-coma.i am not at all a "secular" person as per most of my fellow Bengalis and i am actually quite proud of it.i would rather die than calling myself "Secular"....

Secular BS is only for congress and idiots.

Back
Top Bottom