What's new

Saudi Arabia wins UN Security Council seat for first time

Why Syria only, why not Kashmir its older issue.

Kashmir issue should be settled by the international community similar to all other issues such as Palestine, Burma, and Syria.

Saudi Arabia doesn't own the subcontinent, but they certainly helped out to find a common ground between both parties concerned.

These are rotating seats, no power, whatsoever! It's just to make rest of world not feel 'totally' impotent.

This whole world is basically a joke, all the international laws etc.

Im not too familiar with the UN, but is this the same seat type China, Russia etc have?

Kashmir issue should be settled by the international community similar to all other issues such as Palestine, Burma, and Syria.

Saudi Arabia doesn't own the subcontinent, but they certainly helped out to find a common ground between both parties concerned.
and Bahrain :cheers:
chechenya, tibet,... wow i guess the list is long. and what can do UNO? especially with countries with veto???

indeed they could solve some issues like yougoslavia end of genocide
but well... they didn't move their *** to solve the terrible disaster in Rwanda ( a big shame in the history of UNO and humanity)

UN is a corrupt organization ruled by the West. We should boycott it until they do something about Syria instead of talk and other issues such as Palestine. Or the African countries they exploit.

While they speak in their expensive Armani suits small Syrian children are succumbing to drought in the year 2013 in Levant. The once ancient food bracket of the world where agriculture was first invented.

But ok, what do I know. This is maybe positive. I hope something comes out of this although I doubt it.

I once respected UN greatly but recently it turned into a coffee club where a few big bullies dictate the world policies and only interfere on the side of justice and the morals they preach when it suits those big bullies. Otherwise they keep silent. Look at Syria or Palestine or the African countries they left to root for themselves after they plundered them and exploited them for decades.

I hate to be negative but the current world politics and the state of the world disgusts me.

And I am a product of that world and not any better.

Also Don't forget the Kashmir in these Issues...:azn:

UN is a corrupt organization ruled by the West. We should boycott it until they do something about Syria instead of talk and other issues such as Palestine. Or the African countries they exploit.

While they speak in their expensive Armani suits small Syrian children are succumbing to drought in the year 2013 in Levant. The once ancient food bracket of the world where agriculture was first invented.

But ok, what do I know. This is maybe positive. I hope something comes out of this although I doubt it.

I once respected UN greatly but recently it turned into a coffee club where a few big bullies dictate the world policies and only interfere on the side of justice and the morals they preach when it suits those big bullies. Otherwise they keep silent. Look at Syria or Palestine or the African countries they left to root for themselves after they plundered them and exploited them for decades.

I hate to be negative but the current world politics and the state of the world disgusts me.

And I am a product of that world and not any better.
Your rant is off target.

There is NOTHING to prevent the ME countries from banding together on their own and take care of Syria. Did the UN sanctioned the wars between the Arabs and Israel? If not, then what make you think the UN have any physical means to prevent an ad-hoc alliance by ME countries to take care of local threats to regional stability? The African Union is an organization whose memberships acknowledged that it has the right to intervene in a member's country for humanitarian and security grounds. The UN did not sanctioned such a right.

The African Union
The AU drew these guidelines based on the recommendations of a 2001 report from the International Commission on Intervention and State Sovereignty entitled The Responsibility to Protect. The report asserts that "Sovereign states have a responsibility to protect their own citizens from unavoidable catastrophe -- from mass murder and rape, from starvation -- but that when they are unwilling or unable to do so, that responsibility must be borne by the broader community of states."
So what is preventing the Muslims of the ME from doing the same? How about apathy and a convenient scapegoat, the UN?

Your rant is off target.

There is NOTHING to prevent the ME countries from banding together on their own and take care of Syria. Did the UN sanctioned the wars between the Arabs and Israel? If not, then what make you think the UN have any physical means to prevent an ad-hoc alliance by ME countries to take care of local threats to regional stability? The African Union is an organization whose memberships acknowledged that it has the right to intervene in a member's country for humanitarian and security grounds. The UN did not sanctioned such a right.

The African Union

So what is preventing the Muslims of the ME from doing the same? How about apathy and a convenient scapegoat, the UN?

Nothing. But it does not make any of my criticism less relevant or correct. But is the UN not supposed to deal with leading world affairs as a leading political body? Possibly the biggest international political body there is and that with the biggest potential of actually achieving something on a wider intentional scale?

The sad reality is that it has failed miserable and that reforms are needed such as those I and others pointed out.

Syria is clearly not only a regional matter that just can be solved by regional Arab countries. We have certain players (Russia) and others that make this conflict much bigger. It seems that you have missed that.

Back
Top Bottom