What's new

SATHI

joey

Reaction score
After IA started planing to completely make net centric systems, its first search for a battlefield computer started.
United states Offered the battlefield computer it uses however Army didnt seemed to be interested on it and made a stategic partnership with NCORETECH [indian company] to develope a Tactical system better than anything available in world today.

Fellas,
Download the pdf and check it

SATHI = Situational Awareness and Tactical Handheld Informastion.

http://www.ncoretech.com/sathi/pdf/sathi.pdf

The features at a glance,
1> GPS and GIS capability.
2> SATHI PDA has a map on which position of the solider and his buddys etc will be shown & updated regulary.
3> Users can mark targets and transmit them to others.
4> Commanders can send important Intel updates & mission updated.
5> can also send SMS.
6> Make phone calls.
7> Have dual redundant ground based and sat based connectivity.
8> Full fledged internet browser
9> Can control any system as it is programmable, even UAV
10> Frequency hopping implemented for security.
11> Triple DES Encryption & Spread Spectrum techniques are implemented for network security.
12> total command and control.
13> Integration with buddy-buddy network or with HC.
14> Can download any map from pc based on situation.
15> Battlemanagement, FCS, Target acquisition system.
16> Has Camera
17> IFF friend foe detection system
18> Self/remote destruction system.
19> Decoy mode operation.
20> Interface to PC,CNR,Base Station.
21> Headband mounted antenna
22> Has mic and charger set
23> Solar charger build in
24> etc etc like full fledged PDA with access dial up server, scientific calculator.
25> Can play MP3.
26> Image viewer with File transfer over network on secure datalink.
27> LAN

etc etc etc..........

Now lets see what a article says about this,
Jawans get a high-tech sathi to roam around

NEW DELHI: This home-grown technology could prove to be one of Indian army’s best “sathi’’! Picture Indian army soldiers on the battlefront carrying indigenously developed handheld PCs called Sathi, constantly tracking each other’s positions and even jointly planning moves on the front as well as sharing details on maps with command headquarters. Sounds futuristic? Well, a pilot project has already been implemented in J& K and the army is now extending the technology to other areas. For the first time, Indian army has outsourced an R&D project to a private company instead of developing at DRDO. And there’s much more to the gadget over and above its desi appeal as other armies are believed to have evinced interest in the device. Indian army also explored other options like RPDA from Talla Tech used by the US army in Iraq but zeroed on the much cheaper and better integrated Sathi. Developed by Encore, which designed India’s first handheld computer, Sathi is an integrated battle computer with Global Positioning System (GPS) and radio, customised Geographical Information System (GIS) – a navigational tool displaying military maps and location of other devices – and enabling field sketches with a customised symbol library for map marking. Weighing 875 gm, it can easily fit into a soldier’s palm and also has a remotely operated self-destruction and activation feature for preventing misuse by unauthorized persons. “Encore developed and manufactured this handheld computer for deployment by the Indian Army in battlefield surveillance, target designation, fire control and battlefield management systems, in a record two years,’’ says Samyeer Metrani, head (Mobile Computing Products), Encore Software. Indian army has already acquired 120 handhelds in a pilot project at J &K and will now extend this to other areas. Having initiated by General Mehta, army commander Northern command, the battlefield handheld PC managed to impress the President, Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, who remarked while talking to forces, “When I saw a solider holding the BAAZ (army’s codename for Sathi), I am reminded of the smart solider of the 21st century.’’ Been developed exclusively for the Indian army initially, Sathi can now be sold to other armies too. Its developers at Encore claim that they are already in preliminary talks with many armies around the world. Encore also claims that this is the first army project to be developed from conception to product stage in less than two years.

conclusion : with 875 grams, rugged design and touch screen display its Arguebly as the article put,
"SATHI is worlds first tactical computer with LAN spread over many kilometers providing a comm & situational awarness to soldier"

blain sounds good? :)

hopefully the algorithm for Ia's Sathi will be diff from the one to be sold to others.

The ncore team has developed few years back simputer a PDA , the capabilities are amazing.
I'm gonna order one neo you can check tht in their site ;)

AWSOME!
This wil increase the efficiency of the IA jawans on the ground many manyfold.

Good Job!!

Double Awesome

Atlast The Army is preparing for the Modern Warfares.

Btw,So the Futheristic Soldier program of Indian Amry is True. Iam hearing a lot of News about it:chilli: :tup:

Thats what you should expect due to Indias huge growth and advancement in the IT technology. Even though it is a good addon to replace radios and other communication devices, i am not surprised or impressed.

Thats what you should expect due to Indias huge growth and advancement in the IT technology. Even though it is a good addon to replace radios and other communication devices, i am not surprised or impressed.

Webby your correct, my friend who works in R&D dept of microsoft india in hyderabad which is a autonomous of microsoft world told me that 50% of vista work has been done in india.

and recently cisco CEO is moving from silicon valley in india to stay permanently.

This thing isnt to be surprised but impressing surely, If i start posting all stuffs neo will ban me :D

We even have our own PDA, sadly not many knows about it but once you see the features it gives and the price i'm telling you u'll love it.

http://www.amidasimputer.com/ "check this you'll love it, check features as well"
http://www.ncoretech.com/simputer/

The best thing about this project its helping players with good r&d but relatively small market cap to compete globally without harming interests of bigger players like tcs/satyam/wipro/mindtree etc etc etc.

it not only diversifies assets creates companies with different products.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom