What's new

Satellite Imagery Shows Iran Launching Biggest Submarine Yet in Persian Gulf

Baradar

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Iran has launched its Fateh-class submarine, the largest it has ever built, into the Persian Gulf, and is building a second at the Caspian port of Bandar Anzali, according to satellite imagery seen by IHS Jane’s Defence Weekly, which is publishing the photographs later on Wednesday.

Jane’s said that at about 48 meters, the Fateh-class is bigger than the largest subs built by North Korea, which is believed to have helped Iran produce its 29-meter Ghadir midget subs. The one being built at Bandar Anzali will also be the first submarine launched in the Caspian.

“This is another step in the militarization of the hydrocarbon-rich Caspian, where Iran has yet to come to an agreement with Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan regarding their territorial boundaries,” Jane’s wrote.

The defense sector weekly said that Iran may be planning to unveil the new subs on Navy Day, November 28th, marking a naval victory over Iraq in 1980.

The unveiling would come just days after a U.S.-brokered international treaty lifted economic sanctions on the regime.

Report: Satellite Imagery Shows Iran Launching Biggest Submarine Yet in Caspian Sea | Jewish & Israel News Algemeiner.com

What is the displacement in tons, Baradar ?

never mind Bro, I think it is 600 tons...

Yes, I know that......

Besides Iran has three Kilo class Russian subs that are 4000 Tons submarines.

I just looked at the length of 48m,and did the math.:omghaha:
How could i have known its an existing type?:omghaha:

So you are in a habit of making statements without researching it first.

The type/class was mentioned in the article above posted by @Baradar...
here is what the article posted above said:

Jane’s said that at about 48 meters, the Fateh-class is bigger than the largest subs built by North Korea, which is believed to have helped Iran produce its 29-meter Ghadir midget subs. The one being built at Bandar Anzali will also be the first submarine launched in the Caspian.

“This is another step in the militarization of the hydrocarbon-rich Caspian, where Iran has yet to come to an agreement with Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan regarding their territorial boundaries,” Jane’s wrote.

I guess I am different because I do my research before I started telling people they are wrong and make a fool o myself. :rofl:

So you are in a habit of making statements without researching it first.

The type/class was mentioned in the article above posted by @Baradar...
here is what the article posted above said:

I guess I am different because I do my research before I started telling people they are wrong and make a fool o myself. :rofl:
Do you see any tonnage in the article?
So its quite normal to do the math.
Check my posts again,i said:it can never be more then,i never said IS.:smokin:
And check again,i never said you are wrong:smokin:

Read post number 2.

You are right the article did not mention the tonnage and that prompted my question for tonnage.

However , my immediate next step was to research to find out the tonnage on my own and I told to not bother answering my question, because by now I knew for a fact that Fateh-class Submarine was 530 Tons surfaced and 600 Tons fully submerged.

But then that is just me. I like to research. :tongue:

Read post number 2.

You are right the article did not mention the tonnage and that prompted my question for tonnage.

However , my immediate next step was to research to find out the tonnage on my own and I told to not bother answering my question, because by now I knew for a fact that Fateh-class Submarine was 530 Tons surfaced and 600 Tons fully submerged.

But then that is just me. I like to research. :tongue:
Thats very good of you,its better to research.:tup:
I thought it was a new class,thats why the math.
Now that ive seen it,i understand why its 'light''.

Back
Top Bottom