Sania Naz MPA PPP and aman committee gang confirms uzair in KHI

W.11

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
h1_11.jpg

Karachi

The father of slain People’s Aman Committee leader Zafar Baloch says Muttahida Qaumi Movement’s Nabil Gabol had predicted his son’s murder making him the prime suspect.

“Three days before Zafar’s murder, Nabil Gabol had told the media that the people of Lyari would soon hear some good news. I believe he was talking about the killing of my son,” Mohammad Ali Baloch told The News at the soyem of his son outside the Lyari Football Club on Saturday.

“I nominated him [Gabol] in the FIR. The law will now take its course and if Gabol is innocent, he will be set free. I don’t understand why the Muttahida Qaumi Movement is making so much fuss over the issue.”

Mohammad Ali refuted a newspaper report which quoted him as saying that he knew who the killers of his son were.

“I wasn’t present there, how would I know them? I never claimed that I knew who killed my son. I nominated Gabol because Zafar’s life was in danger because of him.”

Many residents of Lyari attended the soyem of Zafar Baloch and his bodyguard, who were gunned down on Wednesday night by eight men riding four motorcycles. However, Aman Committee chief Uzair Baloch was not among them.

The absence of Uzair, who is believed to be present in the city, was felt on the occasion, as reporters and the residents of Lyari were expecting to see him there.

Javed Nagori, an MPA of the area, neither denied nor confirmed the reports that Uzair was in Lyari. “I have heard media reports that he is here. But I haven’t seen him,” he maintained.

However, Sania Naz, another MPA, confirmed that Uzair was in Karachi. “But I don’t exactly know where he is,” she quickly added.

Speaking about the ongoing targeted operations against criminals, Naz said the people of Lyari were known for making sacrifices but never bowed to anyone. “Zafar bhai was the latest one to be martyred in the process.”

The law enforcement agencies as well as the Aman Committee had taken stringent security measures for the soyem. Police vans had cordoned off the area, while Aman Committee activists as young as 14 were guarding the avenue holding Kalashnikovs and AK47s and wearing bulletproof vests.

Uzair had reportedly fled Lyari, weeks before the law enforcement agencies’ recent crackdown against criminals in the city. Rangers had raided his home in Singolane, Lyari in July, only to discover that he was not there. He has been in hiding ever since.

Back
Top Bottom