What's new

Russia will test PAK FA with standard weapons

brahmin

New Recruit

Reaction score
Development of weapons systems for future Russian fighter T-50 (PAK FA) is in accordance with the schedule, and testing the aircraft with some missile launches begin "in the near future." As informs "Interfax" , it was stated by Director General Corporation "Tactical Missiles" Boris Obnosov. The exact date of tests T-50 with standard weapons Obnosov not named.
At present, some weapons systems for future fighter is tested on flying laboratories built on other aircraft. According Obnosova some of the new systems are already "in the final stages" and is already preparing for their pre-series production. "In other systems trials are ongoing," - said General Director of TEV.

Currently in testing the PAK FA prototype involves three of the aircraft - the T-50-1, T-50-2 and T-50-3. Before the end of the year to join them aboard the T-50-4. Earlier it was reported that in 2014, will begin testing the engine of the second stage (also known as the "Type 30") for the PAK FA. They will be equipped aircraft later, while the prototypes obtained and the first production aircraft will have engines AL-41F-1S ("Article 117S") standing on the Su-35.

In late August, the T-50 for the first time carried out the approach and docking with tankers Il-78. Also in August conducted tests of the airplane with a new on-board radar system with an active phased array.

It was reported earlier that the test airframe T-50 will be completed in 2012, and in 2013 the Russian Air Force will receive ten aircraft for joint trials. Future fighter serial deliveries are scheduled for 2015. In total, the Russian Ministry of Defense until ordered 60 T-50.

picture.jpg

Lenta.ru:

Its all set for faster induction of PAKFA keeping FGFA aside . I hope if we can use this AESA in Su30 upgrade .

Its all set for faster induction of PAKFA keeping FGFA aside . I hope if we can use this AESA in Su30 upgrade .

No sir. i think we are going to fit ZHUK AE aesa radar in su 30mki. for details refer wikipedia.

No sir. i think we are going to fit ZHUK AE aesa radar in su 30mki. for details refer wikipedia.

No. Super Sukhoi will have an AESA version of BARS/Irbis-E.

Zhuk-AE is not powerful enough for MKI's requirements, but we can use it for MiG-29K upgrade.
Wiki's claims are not credible in this aspect.

Testing of the new engine for the PAK FA in 2014

Scientific production association “Saturn” has began development of a new engine for bench testing in PAk-Fa aircraft . has informed by Yevgeny Marchuk, General Designer, Director of the Scientific and Technical Center , part of the “Saturn”. Engine will begin test in 2014.

“Engine will be ready in two years, and will begin bench testing. This – essentially a new engine, so it took a long time” – said Marchuk. According to him, the weight of the new power plant will be 30 percent less than that of the AL-41F1 (“Item 117″, the modified version of the engine AL-41F1S for the Su-35), known as the engine of the first stage.

As expected, the life-cycle costs will also be almost a third less than that of the AL-41F1S and according Marchukova, “it also will be cheaper.” New engine for the PAK FA engine known as the second phase or “Type 30″ will be significantly different from the currently used “Products 117″. The latter will be installed in the first production aircraft, until the end of the development of “Type 30″.

A new propulsion system for the T-50 is still unknown for many. According to preliminary data from the AL-41F1 engine will differ , will have increased thrust and improved fuel efficiency. According to unconfirmed reports, the power plant will be able to develop a thrust of 107 kN in cruise flight and 176 kN after burning mode.

In April 2011, the general director of “Saturn,” Ilya Fedorov said that the establishment of the second stage engine is ahead of schedule, and the supply of new power plants is scheduled for 2015 informed the Russian Defense Ministry . In the same year, the Russian air force to will get the first production T-50.

Testing of the new engine for the PAK FA in 2014 | idrw.org

When will the first prototype given to HAL? Next year?

I think the schedule for Indian FGFA prototypes is - 2015, 2017, 2019 & than the production starts.

The design is just too preliminary.

I am not too sure about whether Sukhoi has finished making all the design features. Pogosyan said a minimum of 7 prototypes with increasing heavy structural and advanced changes will be made; so far it is only 3 prototypes and all look the same. :what:

No. Super Sukhoi will have an AESA version of BARS/Irbis-E.

Zhuk-AE is not powerful enough for MKI's requirements, but we can use it for MiG-29K upgrade.
Wiki's claims are not credible in this aspect.

yeah i also read in ATS.com that says russia jointly developing IRBIS AESA radar with indian LRDE for PAK FA. but am little doubting about su 30mki. Can you able to provide any other source for su 30mki with irbis aesa radar.

When are we going to get our PAK-FA for user trails in India? suppose to get 2014?

The design is just too preliminary.

I am not too sure about whether Sukhoi has finished making all the design features. Pogosyan said a minimum of 7 prototypes with increasing heavy structural and advanced changes will be made; so far it is only 3 prototypes and all look the same. :what:

There are 3 prototypes for flighttesting, but there are more for ground tests. If I remember correctly they even had 3 prototypes when T50 made it's first flight.

Wrt to MKI upgrade AESA radar, 2 radars are on offer and under evaluation, BARS AESA and Zhuk AE. So far no decision was made and we have to wait and see what the upgrade will include at the end.
We had a similar evaluation for the radar of the upgraded Mig 29s, where Zhuk ME and BARS 29 (a smaller version of the MKI radar), were offered, but for some reason we to the Zhuk radar.

Back
Top Bottom