What's new

Russia set to take part in new Indian submarine tender

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Russia set to take part in new Indian submarine tender

164964840.jpg

Russia will participate in a new tender on the delivery of six diesel-electric submarines for the Indian Navy, the state-run exporter Rosoboronexport said.

Russia dropped out of the first Indian submarine tender in 2009.

"There is a new tender, with the new requirements, and together with [Russia's] Rubin design bureau we are making a proposal to India for Amur 650 class submarines," Azizov told reporters at IMDS-2011 naval show in St. Petersburg on Friday.

Azizov said that Amur class is a fourth-generation vessel, and "Russia has all chances to win the tender."

The Indian Navy said in February it will announce a global tender for procuring six next generation submarines worth about $11 billion by the end of 2011.

India is building six Scorpene submarines the Mazgaon Dockyards Limited (MDL) under a deal with France's DCNS. However, the Indian side said it would need submarines "with better stealth capability, improved detection range and combat management system."

According to Azizov, Amur class subs match these requirements perfectly, as their sonar signature level is several times less than that of Kilo class submarines which are considered at present the most silent in the world.

In addition, Amur 650 could be equipped with the Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) systems on the basis of fuel cells to increase considerably the endurance and cruise range in a submerged state.

According to Indian sources, France, Germany and Spain will also participate in the tender.

The Indian Navy is planning to commission at least 12 submarines in the next decade to strengthen its depleted submarine fleet.

Russia set to take part in new Indian submarine tender | Defense | RIA Novosti

Indian navy best choice would be the Amur class submarines Russia will not pass on any key technology and will provide full support not to mention the Amur sub's are stealthy with AIP it would be the best choice i hope IN picks it :cheers:

Indian navy best choice would be the Amur class submarines Russia will not onlypass on key technologies but will also provide full support . Not to mention the Amur sub's are stealthy with AIP it would be the best choice i hope IN picks it :cheers:
I hope this is what you intended to convey......

One day we will see a thread dedicated to the late delivery of these submarines.

One day we will see a thread dedicated to the late delivery of these submarines.

the submarines will be built in india- so you'll probably see a thread on the delayed contruction by mazgoan

this tender waa finalized about 2 years ago- we are just now getting who'll be taking part???? And people say the indian navy is efficient......
Just select the amur and be done with it......its a brilliant sub - aip, extremely quiet, we already have experience with the kilo subs of russia, what are these guys waiting for???

this tender waa finalized about 2 years ago- we are just now getting who'll be taking part???? And people say the indian navy is efficient......
Just select the amur and be done with it......its a brilliant sub - aip, extremely quiet, we already have experience with the kilo subs of russia, what are these guys waiting for???
this is new tender.

Don't talk bs like that you moron.It's the government who decides everything.IN can only evaluate and submit their views to MoD.So don't talk anything you don't know.

Amur 650 ssk is being considered to be the quietest submarine by international analysts.It has much better range,stealth,power and weapons than the Scorpene and type 212.Moreover they will provide us with more techs than others for sure.

According to Azizov, Amur class subs match these requirements perfectly, as their sonar signature level is several times less than that of Kilo class submarines which are considered at present the most silent in the world.
This is the reason why Amur is considered to be leading this competition. It was earlier decided to have 2 submarine line one would be russian and second will be any other(French were selected later on). I think we don't have to pay 11 billion $ for tech transfer. We should make purchase of 11 billion$ worth of Amur and Russians will automatically give us the tech we need. Just tell me who else is purchasing Amur ? I am telling you guys if India pays 11 billion$ for 6 450 million$ subs (Amur class cost is 450 million$). It would be the stupidest deal done by us.

If they don't agree Germans will help us. We can purchase 22 U214 (500 million$ per sub recent price) and germans will transfer the production line to India. They might even agree to give us their U212 subs...

Don't talk bs like that you moron.It's the government who decides everything.IN can only evaluate and submit their views to MoD.So don't talk anything you don't know.

Getting a little emotional there, are we??
calm down buddy..... I'm just frustrated at the rate of procurement, is all.....
acet just reminded me , this is a new tender(hasnt even been sent out yet), not the old one.
Also try to keep the language civilized - this is a public forum - children might be reading ( judging by your post - might even be posting).......

Getting a little emotional there, are we??
calm down buddy..... I'm just frustrated at the rate of procurement, is all.....
acet just reminded me , this is a new tender(hasnt even been sent out yet), not the old one.
Also try to keep the language civilized - this is a public forum - children might be reading ( judging by your post - might even be posting).......

I too am frustrated because the same reasons you pointed.But I become more frustrated when people blame the navy for what they are not the guilty but the government bureaucracy is.My man,our navy is the most honest and sane among the 3 branches of armed forces.
Never the less,sorry for my words.
REGARDS....

Back
Top Bottom