What's new

Russia pakistan agreement

pakistan Russia agreement on Al-zarar tank is suitable?

• yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ch mohsin

New Recruit

Reaction score
the t-59 n 69 are being upgraded to al-zarrar so they are not being fased out, though after the upgraded they bwcome totally diff tanks, its like a 180degree diff. it might be Pak is lookin to set up some production facility to produce engines for al-khalid n al-zarrar:pakistan:

the t-59 n 69 are being upgraded to al-zarrar so they are not being fased out, though after the upgraded they bwcome totally diff tanks, its like a 180degree diff. it might be Pak is lookin to set up some production facility to produce engines for al-khalid n al-zarrar:pakistan:

and where does Russia come from in this?

Bulk of the armor cooperation is coming from China, Ukraine and the West or Western East like South Korea. According to Sabre on PakDef, the Al Khalid-I is entering trials, and by his account it appears to be a 4th generation tank in league of the South Korean K2, Russian T-95, Chinese upgrade of T-99 and the Turkish MBT. I guess there is a good chance of a lot of Western concepts going into the AK-I...such as 1500hp engine; Western style turret; different armor; ATGM, etc. Afterall the Chinese T-99 went through those concepts, why not the Al Khalid-series?

As for engines...I am unsure. It would require serious public and private investment from a lot of manufacturing companies in Pakistan to license produce a 1200 or 1500hp tank engine. I would be in favour of it as it will push for serious knowledge R&D, but it would be a very expensive venture that will rely on big orders.

chinese T-99 and AK-1 are based on similar lines with the pakistani tank incorporating western upgrades.

Back
Top Bottom