What's new

Russia is seriously concerned over JF-17's take over on MiG-29

lmao... yes tht was 92... and US didn't give them the latest version... which was slightly downgraded as it was the most lethal strike version in their arsenal... read what I posted kiddo... and yeah it didn't have crappy avionics tht plague your machinery.

Stop ranting about your opinions. Fact, the US does export downgraded aircraft. Fact, you asked me to prove it. Fact i did. Fact you cant except the reality.

You lose.

Tht was never the argument... the argument was the failure of mig-29 in combat ... which i already proved you wrong... it has failed in every air to air engagement..... which is a fact....
And even those downgraded jets shot down jets like F1 etc... something migs couldn't do... except old mig-21s or beech crafts...

Sure it was the argument, you told me to prove it remember? Seems like not only are you an illiterate liar but you cant even remember your own arguments. As for the Mig-29 being a failure, its obvious you are stubborn like a mule and you base your opinion off of heavily unfavorable circumstances which no F-16 or F-15 ect has ever faced, tell me how many F-16s have when into battle with malfunctioning radars?

It does ... its not the 80s... @al-Hasani ... they Saudi aren't paying billions for typhoons or the production of downgraded pods..

You are very ignorant if you think that the US exports full US spec F-15s. The Iraqi Air Force also payed billions for their F-16s and it did not prevent the US from equipping them with inferior AIM-7Ps.

Im sorry but.. can you prove they weren't? you don't send a jet in the air without weapons you already have in your inventory...

Of course i can, from reports we know that the majority of Iraqi aircraft that did fire A2A missiles fired R-60s and R-40s. The real proof is reports of Mig-29s 'buzzing' F-15s or firing short range missiles at the F-15s. If the Mig-29s were equipped with R-27s they would never risk getting within kill range and according to your source the Mig-29s radar was able to detect the F-16 at about the same distance that the F-16 detected the Mig-29, a larger F-15 would be detected much earlier, so clearly, at least some, if not all Mig-29s were not armed with R-27s.

Iraq had a long war with Iran, and if you did some research the Iranians almost depleted their entire inventory of phenix missile, its not hard to image that the R-27s were also depleted, not to leave out the fact that Iraqi weapons depots were destroyed.

So now, either prove that Mig-29s were armed with R-27s at the time they were engaging coalition aircraft or concede the fact that you have no proof. Which you do not.

And all the kills happened from the mig-29s radar range unless Iraqis were playing super Mario in their migs or even the eritreans or the serbs... or is it tht all of them had crappy radars?

Wrong, you have no proof of this whatsoever. There are reports of Mig-29 being shot down but the range at which they were shot down is not given nor is their vector known, for all we know they were fired about from the rear, which of course Mig-29s have no rear facing radars, so your assertion would be false.

Stop proclaiming your opinions as facts.

Lmao.. dishonest? your own source proved how 5 migs were lost in dog fights and how crappy Russian bvr was!!

Yes, you are not only dishonest but a plain liar. You accused me of using forums or forum posts as sources which was a complete lie by you. But do you know what is funny? You are the one that has repeatedly used forum posts as sources. How do you like your own spit blowing back in your face :lol:

Cool story kiddo.. although I prove you wrong..

Again how did you prove me wrong? Tell the reader.....I gave a source that the Israelis developed avionics for the dorsal spine compartment. In tern you posted a picture of a Pakistani F-16 and then you posted a YouTube video that had nothing to do with the topic, the video was not about the Dorsal spine, it was not about Israeli F-16s, and it was not even about Pakistani F-16s :lol:

So explain again what you proved wrong because last time i checked i gave a source stating the Israelis installed avionics in the dorsal spine of their F-16s. You have not given a single source that disputes my source, so, no, in reality you have not proven me wrong.

And you are probably unaware of the real world.. would you prefer a Janes report? or the fact tht their last 52s came with the APG series?

The EL/M 2032 radar was offered in the F-16 ACE package but Israel chose to stick with their existing fleet of F-16s. The fact here is about foreign avionics remember? Of course you don't remember, since you have the mental capacity of a brick. In any case you challenged me to prove that the US allows foreign avionics in their aircraft and it did that. I gave proof that the US does allow foreign avionics in their aircraft, in fact export F-15s will have Israeli cockpits.

To further stomp out your none sense.

Defense Update:Elbit Systems Large Area Display Selected for ...

The Boeing Company has selected Elbit Systems to provide advanced avionics systems for its fighter aircraft, including the upgraded versions of the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet and F-15SE Silent Eagle. Both are currently competing in several modern fighter tenders in Asia and Latin America.

Still want argue?

lol wtf... series dude? your a genius.

By "series" do you mean serious? And by "your" do you mean You're? There is a difference between the two. But thank you, yes, i'm a genius, at least compared to you i am, actually my 4 year old nephew is a genius compared to you.

lmao... tell somebody tht F-22 is crap and they will laugh at your butt... you are still developing a 5th gen fighter they did tht decades ago... :rofl:

Once again you look like a fool when called out. No one is calling the F-22 crap, i mentioned the F-22 to have numerous defects, again i did that prove the point that no weapons system is flawless. So its funny when you target Russian weapons/systems and call them crap when all systems break down or have defects, regardless of national origin, at some point especially if they are not stored or maintained properly.

:rofl:... again kiddo ... you are talking about another case... ding ding.... I posted enough sources already to burst your nonsense...

What other case am i talking about? Read the source i posted; it talked about Indian made ammo that has defects and as a result it exploded, because of that thousands of rounds were recalled. So once again, you go in denial mode when overwhelmed by credible sources.

You got more.. lol ask other members..

Ask them what? How every one of your claims have been debunked with sources and how you're still in denial?

Over 20 lost migs... bet ALL OF THEM HAD MALFUNCTIONING SYSTEMS... :lol:

That is better then Pakistan losing 11-34% (depending on sources) of it air force to Indian and then getting East Pakistan taken away. :lol:

You are literally too dumb.. :lol:

I can count 8 in just 1 post in tht thread with the names of the shot down pilots.. and countless other migs n SUs...

Shot down by obsolete second hand f-86Es..under sanctions :lol:

Indians sure did win all air wars... :lol:

Wow just wow....you do know that you have been counting Indian Mig-21 kills against Pakistan right? :lol:

Here are your two sources:

Air Aces Homepage (suppose Indian aircraft shot down)

Air Aces Homepage (supposed Pakistani aircraft shot down)

The first link claims 3 Mig-21 shot down by Pakistan, the second link claims india shot down 5 Pakistani aircraft with the Mig-21. Only a brain dead door knob like yourself can be foolish enough to make a monumental blunder of this magnitude.

Tell us more abt Indians defeating PAF in airwars.. :lol:

Sure:

IAF COMBAT KILLS - 1971 INDO-PAK AIR WAR - Orders of Battle

The final tally of the 14-day 1971 war announced by Indian Defence Minister Jagjivan Ram, in the
Parliament on Dec 18, 1971, puts Pakistani losses at 94 aircraft and Indian losses at 45 (54 [28] ) aircraft. The figure for kills was determined though very strict procedures and does not include damaged aircraft or probable kills. It has not been clear whether these claims refer to PAF losses alone or to all aircraft destroyed in combat or if they include the F-86Es captured at Tejgaon, which would make the numbers much higher. A breakdown of kills was never released officially, although a crude estimate of 75 kills mentioned the Official history of the 1971 war, would include 35 Pakistani aircraft lost to the air action and the rest destroyed on the ground. This document attempts to list to the highest extent possible, all of the claims made by the IAF, in terms of enemy aircraft destroyed during the conflict. Since the IAF itself has not released a single, detailed list of such claims, all the respective tables (especially Table 1.1) are thus incomplete until more information becomes available.

1. In a major PR exercise following the 1971 war, the PAF lined up [11] no more than 22 Mirage-III fighters at on, in order to claim that none had been lost in combat, :lol: with one claimed to having been written off in a 'training sortie' prior to the war and another undergoing repairs. However, according to Dassault and other sources [10] [11] [25], the PAF took delivery of no less than 28 Mirage-IIIs in and not 24 Mirages as claimed by the PAF. Furthermore, some sources [35] claim that additional Mirages were supplied during wartime by an unspecificied Middle Eastern ally, possibly Libya. The latter is confirmed to have transferred at least 3 F-5E to the PAF, but these were claimed by Pakistan to have arrived only after the war ended, due to formalities concerning US clearance. Since the IAF only claimed 1-2 Mirage-IIIs confirmed as destroyed on the ground and 1 shot down by AAA, it is quite likely that the Mirage did suffer a number of air-to-air losses at the hands of IAF fighters.

2. There have been cases where a number of IAF probable claims or no claims from an encounter where a target was engaged, have actually been shown to be a confirmed kill when some timely and selective admission of losses show up on Pakistani records. SS Malhotra's F-6 kill is one such example [40]

3. Polly Singh, a prominent IAF author, writes [45] that F/O Hamid Khawaja was shot down by KK Bakshi, flying the Marut, on 07 Dec 1971.

4. PC Lal [2] mentions (pg 288) another engagement on the last day of the war (17 Dec) where a second Marut kill of an F-86, near Hyderabad, is attributed to ‘Joe’ (S/L KK Bakshi). There is no mention of any

engagement on 12 Dec.

* Loss also attributed to own AAA [43] or possible fratricide [17] by Leader, during the same encounter. Pakistani sources have not been clear. While Kadam was shot down by W/C Hashmi (PAF) and KIA, it is possible that he shot down AJ Siddiqui before going down. However, the IAF does not claim a kill and the record is mentioned for reference and study only.

** Damaged aircraft were said to have been noted by eyewitnesses but the PAF maintains [41] that all 6 aircraft of the formation which attacked the lone Gnat, returned safely.

The figure of 11 F-86Es and 2 RT-33s disabled, is a purely PAF claim. After the liberation of Bangladesh and the Pakistani surrender, the IAF personnel at Tejgaon were able to recover no more than five F-86Es and no mention is made of other aircraft. Although the RT-33s were confirmed to be in service, there is no specific mention of them being found or recovered at Tejgaon as per IAF records and their air activity is also never mentioned in PAF records. Thus the aircraft destroyed by the Su-7s on 4 Dec 1971, could have included the RT-33s among the targets attacked. PC Lal [2] does mention (p.193) that 11 aircraft were located on the ground at Tejgaon (Dhaka) but some of them had been destroyed by air-strikes and some of them had been disabled by the Pakistanis themselves. The exact figure for the number of F-86Es in East Pakistan does not remain certain - India claims between 19 [1] and 22 units whereas Pakistan claims 16 to 18. But from what can be concluded from the mentioned evidence is that out of the PAF's entire deployment in East Pakistan, only five F-86Es survived intact. 2. Foreign C-130s, notably those from Iran, were known to have operated in West Pakistan, supplying spares and other vital supplies. On 10 Dec 1971, an Iranian C-130 was photographed [2] off-loading supplies at an airstrip near Gwadar, by aircraft from the IAF's No.106 recon squadron. It is unclear whether any foreign C-130s were attacked and destroyed while operating at Pakistani airfields, although suspected supply points such as Nawabshah, were most certainly attacked. Both the IAF and PAF were known to have deployed several decoys in the form of dummy and retired aircraft. While it was highly convenient to claim that destroyed or attacked aircraft on the ground were actually decoys, it must be mentioned that through extremely strict standards of observation and reconnaissance plus pre and post-war intelligence, the IAF never claimed any as actual kills. In some cases they were identifiable before being attacked and in others, they did not display the thick black smoke expected. Here are a few examples where they were encountered.....

For the period of the war, the IAF also logged no less than 7346 combat sorties [2] , not including the 191 sorties [5] flown by aircraft of the INS Vikrant, or the sorties by other segments of Naval aviation and Army aviation. It would appear that combat aircraft (fighters, bombers) alone apparently logged between 6542 (PAF estimate [17] ) and 6758 [28] combat sorties. Transports and Helicopters logged no less than 588 "combat" sorties [28]. In his article "Some Reflections on the IAF" [9], Air Commodore Jasjit Singh AVSM VrC VM (Retd), Director, Center for Air Power Studies, mentions that Transports and Helicopters flew around 7500 sorties in total (p.178) and cross referencing this with his attrition figures [see chart 2] , it would appear that the IAF itself did indeed log something in the area of 15,000 sorties, totally, during the war. The PAF officially [37] logged 3076 sorties in total, with 2914 combat sorties, meaning that they suffered almost twice the amount of losses at less than half the combat sortie rate.

While it is generally said that the actual figure for kills/losses or the truth lies somewhere in between the claims of both sides, one must also note that the 1971 war was an outright decisive victory for India. With objectives and air superiority fully achieved, numbers had very little meaning or immediate worth for the Indian side. Even so, numbers and more importantly, attrition, have always been secondary when compared to actual objectives achieved, that influenced the overall outcome of the war. Very strict procedures and missions [44] for evaluating the validity of a kill claim were followed, using several sources for a single claim, such as gun camera film, wreckage in own territory and from reconnaissance over enemy territory, post war intelligence and survey. For air-to-air and air-to-ground claims, only perfectly clear gun camera footage and/or enemy admissions of losses, were considered. Radio intercepts and intelligence reports alone were not [2] usually considered sufficient evidence to confirm a kill, although plenty of such intercept records existed on tape. The IAF was also considerably more generous in releasing wreckage and gun camera evidence into the public domain. Therefore, the Indian estimate of kills (94) and own losses can be deemed fairly accurate, with little or nothing to gain from additional propaganda from inflating kill figures and hiding own losses, in light of the outcome of the same conflict which has been so decisive. The credibility of a Secular Democracy over a Military Dictatorship known for oppression [42] of its own people, should also come into consideration.

The situation in Pakistan was thus quite the opposite. With not only a decisive defeat at hand but a comparatively low sortie rate (which increases the overall attrition figure even with a small number of losses), numbers meant everything. After suitable fairytales about the 1965 war fed to the public, including but not restricted to the fantasy of a 4:1 kill ratio :lol: in its favor, the PAF had built an invincible image for itself until the outcome of the 1971 conflict proved otherwise. Therefore, very strategic figures for kills (suitably high) and losses (suitably low) needed to be carefully fabricated, so that the PAF could once again claim a 3-4:1 kill ratio in its favor and save face. Pakistan acknowledged the loss of no more than 42 aircraft to all causes including operational accidents and units disabled by self, not including foreign aircraft such as Brigadier General Chuck Yeager's Beech Queen Air, Pakistan Army Aviation or civilian losses (barring a single Fokker F.27 which 'disappeared' at sea).

Brig General Chuck Yeager's account [29] of the war, from his autobiography, is selectively quoted byPakistanis in support of PAF claims. However, the credibility of the same is also completely destroyed through the inclusion of certain laughable gems in his own assessment, such as the claim that India wanted to keep East Pakistan for itself, that the IAF operated the MiG-21J (not inducted until 1973 as the MiG-21MF) and that F-86 and F-104 Starfighters constituted half the PAF fleet of 500 aircraft! Yeager gives away his agenda by explicitly labeling the conflict as a surrogate war between the Soviet Union (India) and America (Pakistan). Yeager also mentions that the outcome on the ground was the complete opposite of the outcome of the air war, where the PAF "whipped their (Indian) asses in the sky ". Yet, without the IAF's dominance over the battlefield and the consequential ability to provide uninterrupted support to ground forces throughout the conflict, how could that have ever happened? Perhaps this embarrassingly false account simply added to the PAF's lack of credibility, fueled in the past by ridiculous claims. Pakistani sources even needed to fabricate the IAF's strength in order to once again portray a David-vs-Goliath struggle. For example, a prominent PAF author [37], claims that the IAF had no less than 1200 combat aircraft alone, against the IAF's actual strength of 625 combat aircraft. Another author, a retired Pakistani Brigadier, claims [38] that the IAF was in fact, in possession of, MiG-23s and MiG-19s, as early as 1965. Funnily enough, it was the PAF itself and not the IAF, which had a MiG-19 variant, the Shenyang F-6C, during the follow on 1971 conflict. It is thus unsurprising to see so many independent air-power and airwar analysts [30] [33] [35] castigate the PAF for the use of rather bare faced propaganda.

Finally, it is confirmed [17] that the PAF's sortie rate slowly decreased day-by-day, as the conflict proceeded. Both Offensive Counter Air (OCA) and Defensive Counter Air (DCA) sorties showed an extreme fall from 4 Dec to 17 Dec, while Offensive Air Support sorties, showed an increase [17]. Overall, the PAF sortie rate dropped from 240 sorties on 4 Dec 1971, to 150 sorties on 15 Dec and finally 215 sorties per day on 17 Dec. The PAF was nowhere to be seen on 5 Dec at Longewella, where just 4 Hunters wiped out an entire Pakistani armored regiment, despite desperate pleas [19] for air support from the latter. The tank busting over Longewella lasted not a few hrs, but nearly two whole days, and despite this, the PAF never ever showed up. Neither was air support provided at all [31] when Karachi was attacked. On 16 Dec, when Indian tanks broke the protective cordon in the Zafarwal area, no PAF air support was provided [18] despite requests. All of the mentioned, indicate the IAF's local air superiority plus a solid depletion of available numbers in the PAF aircraft fleet, despite reports [7] [8] [35] foreign reinforcement.

The PAF extensively received foreign assistance and aircraft throughout the war, and these not only added to its combat element but more importantly, helped camouflage the extent of its losses. The most famous example would be the transfer of 11 RJAF F-104A Starfighters to Pakistan, on 13 December 1971. This was not initially mentioned in Pakistani accounts, was first noted by IAF pilots when the F-104s they shot down, bore a desert camouflage. Eventually, declassified US documents [7], confirmed the transfer, which, was eventually acknowledged by Pakistan. Also transferred were at least 3 Libyan Northrop F-5Es, but Pakistan maintains that these units arrived only on Dec 27, well after the Pakistani surrender. Besides the mentioned examples, Pakistan does not acknowledge the transfer of any other aircraft although Indian sources [1] as well as independent sources [34] [35] constantly mention the transfer of several additional F-86 Sabres and possibly Mirage-IIIEPs [35] from Middle Eastern sources. Additional US Declassified documents [8] further mention the supply of about another 2 squadrons of aircraft from Turkey and 12 more F-104s after the war had concluded, all of these paid by the Shah of Iran under US orders. Given that foreign aircraft were already photographed supplying equipment to Pakistan during the war and taking into consideration the examples of the F-104A and F-5 transfers, the possibility of additional loaner aircraft during wartime cannot be easily written off despite PAF denials. The PAF has always accused Bengali defectors of giving away deployment details and information to the Indian side but such access to information only makes Indian claims relating to the PAF, more accurate.

The PAF almost exclusively flew defensive [16] [18] sorties with 61.5% [17] of the overall effort and up to 70% [18] excluding bomber, transport and recce sorties, being purely DCA sorties. The IAF in contrast, flew an almost completely offensive air campaign ( 65.5% according to a serving PAF author [17] or up to 80% according to Indian sources ), exposing themselves much more to enemy fire under low fuel states which made engagement of patrolling aircraft very difficult. Whatever the real statistics are, it is quite clear that the IAF won the air war of 1971 and high level Pakistani Army sources [13] [14] [16] are now starting to acknowledge the same at some level or the other, despite what the PAF claims. Pakistan lost the whole of East Pakistan, which became Bangladesh, plus a massive 5,500 sq. miles of territory [15] in the West, with about 93,000 soldiers taken as POW, over 20,000 casualties and 253 tanks lost in combat. The Indian Army acknowledges [2][1] the fact that the IAF played a critical role in achieving the decisive victory within a very short period of 14 days. The IAF couldn't have done so without achieving air superiority. The latter also allowed the IAF to fly more photo-reconnaissance missions for accurate damage assessment. The IAF's performance (in some cases) was so good that some authors [26] began to estimate that the missions were conducted under AWACS control of a 'loaned' Soviet Tu-126 Moss. Both Yeager and Russian personnel [2] began to think that the Su-7s and MiG-21s had been modified with weapons aiming computers and precision guided weaponry.

[snipped do to length]

Wow its getting dumber and dumber by the minute.. :lol:

You should try to read the posts... and not cherry pic.. like you did even in tht article...
[/quote]

Hold on there chief, you made a very bold statement that the Mig-29s only advantage over the F-16 was HMC. It was proven that the Mig-29 had better missiles, AoA, thrust-to-weight, rate of climb, ect, ect and your best rebuttal is to call me dumb :lol:

Your post was clear as day and my rebuttal even more so.....again your claims have been trashed and as a result you cant even counter, you have stooped to the level of petty insults, denial, and change of subject.

Lol.. yeah coz its beneficial for them to sell their avionics not to forget the publicity of their stuff... what abt Russians? "comrade we sold our latest jets... and they replaced the avionics" .. :rofl:

So then what about Boeing using Eilbit cockpits for their future aircraft as well as export of their aircraft?

You compared MIG-20 VS F-16s.. F-16 SAME ERA (INFACT WAS PRODUCED BEFORE MIG-29) .. LMAO ... another Failure..

Again you are obviously a challenged individual so let me explain this in the easiest and simplest way possible. You mentioned that the Mig-29 is a gas guzzler, i countered by comparing the Mig-29s RD-33 engine with the F-404 engines since both are the same class engines. Then you started calling me stupid, claiming we were comparing the F-16, which is false since i never compared the F-100 engine to the RD-33 because it would be comparing a heavy class of engine to a medium/light class of engine. Get it? RD-33 and F-404 are in the medium/light class and the F-100 is in the heavy class.

Lets compare all 3 engines in specific fuel consumption:

Military Turbojet/Turbofan Specifications - Jet-engine.net

Dry Wet

F-100 0.72 2.500
RD-33 (original Mig-29A) 0.74 2.050
F-404-400 0.85 1.850

Not to forget quoting an engine developed in 2003 for naval use n for mig-35... :laugh:

No such things as a naval Mig-35 :lol: the RD-33 that i quoted was the original model (check the link).

Lol.. the tech demonstrator for mig-35.. :lol:

The Mig-35 was developed from the Mig-29M which is a production aircraft. The Mig-29SMT, Mig-29M, Mig-29K, Mig-35 ect all had been redesign to hold more fuel, so again explain how you "debunked" that fact.

Your repeat avoidance to answer me and shameless attempts to change the topic (see above post) only demonstrates you are full of it, so again what have you "debunked"?

For some inknown reason i am not convinced that the JF17 is a serious threat to these

Indian+Mig-29K+2.jpg

The modern MIG29 have twin egines thus far more power
Very agile
better cockpit avionics
Rally powerful Zukh radar
And in india case very good israeli jammers

Finally they look so agile and well built

510.jpg

versis

PM+Gilani+Visits+JF-17+Thunder+Production+Facility+at+Kamra+26th+squadron+%2527Black+Spiders%2527+of+the+Pakistan+Air+Force+%25284%2529.jpg

Should be intresting

Last edited:
This is a report on the MIG29K from Air force technology

MiG-29K design features
The MiG-29K features a strengthened airframe and undercarriage suitable for landing on aircraft carriers. The airframe is made of about 15% composite materials. The aircraft is fitted with folding wings, arrestor hook and a catapult for carrier operations. The radar signature of the aircraft is reduced by four to five times over the basic MiG-29.
The MiG-29K is fitted with more powerful RD-33MK engines, replacing the RD-33K turbofan engines used in the early prototypes. The flight hours of the fighter are doubled, but the flight hour cost is reduced by about 2.5 times. The aircraft can operate without overhaul.
The single and double seat variations feature the same airborne equipment and weapons. The MiG-29KUB two-seat fighter is primarily intended for pilot training, but can also conduct combat missions similar to the single-seat fighter.
The glass cockpit of the MiG-29K aircraft accommodates one pilot. It is equipped with three multifunctional colour LCDs, a digital fly-by-wire flight control system and TopOwl helmet-mounted targeting system.
MiG-29K avionics systems
The airborne avionics based on open architecture are classified under MIL-STD-1553B standard. The open architecture allows the installation of new equipment and weapons according to customer requirements.
The fighter has multirole, multimode Zhuk-ME pulse doppler radar from Fazotron-NIIP Corporation. The radar with the slot array has wider scanning angle and longer target detection range. Zhuk-ME can track up to ten air targets while engaging four targets simultaneously.
The MiG-29K/KUB fighters have multichannel infra-red search and track (IRST) system with target designation system. The aircraft can also be installed with IR and laser sighting devices for ground targets illumination.
Weapon systems on the Russian-built MiG-29K carrier-based multirole fighter
MiG-29K is armed with RVV-AE and R-73E air-to-air missiles, Kh-31A and Kh-35E anti-ship missiles and Kh-31P anti-radar missiles. Other armaments include guided aerial bombs, rockets and aerial bombs.
"In January 2004, India placed an order for 12 MiG-29K single-seat and four MiG-29KUB two-seat fighters."
The aircraft is mounted with a 30mm GSh-30-1 cannon with 100 rounds. A wide range of weapons can be added upon the request of the customer.
MiG-29K/KUB is the only ship-borne fighter in the world to fire Kh-31A supersonic anti-ship missiles resistant to air-defence.
The MiG-29K is powered by two RD-33MK engines equipped with smokeless combustion chamber and new full authority digital engine control (FADEC) system.
The power plant provides a ferry range of 2,000km. The range can be increased to 3,000km with three underwing fuel drop tanks.

Migs earned their bad reputation, owing to their service record in IAF.

In 1965 (Indo-Pak) war, Indian mig-21 did irreparable damage to the reputation of mig.

Hence, I believe mig-29 also to be a fine machine, but as PAF maintain, 'its the man behind the machine'.

JF-17 have advantages like, low weight, more stealth, and low operating cost.

Stealth??:woot::woot::woot::pakistan::pakistan::hitwall::hitwall:... oh my god... :taz::taz::taz:

JF17 has no stealth its a very basic airframe with all metal build which glows on radars like a beacon.

It has a very modest engine thrust

and low cost does not mean its a good warplane

So please opening threads JF17 is threatening MIG29 ETC is very premature bar Pakistan since 2009 NOT ONE OTHER COUNTRY as acquired this plane despite being very cheap 4th generation fighter.

we are jumping the gun a little i think

JF17 has no stealth its a very basic airframe with all metal build which glows on radars like a beacon.

So please opening threads JF17 is threatening MIG29 ETC is very premature bar Pakistan since 2009 NOT ONE OTHER COUNTRY as acquired this plane despite being very cheap 4th generation fighter.

I remember the time when your elders use to call it a paper plane.
Dude read JF-17 thunder info thread and get educated.

Thank you stealth man...
but seriously, stop behaving like monkey man.

Should be intresting

JF-17 blk-2 would be vs. Indian navy not blk-1.

The latest Mig-29 is by far more advanced then anything in the Pakistani air force including your JF-17 and F-16.

When the JF-17 has AESA come talk.

When it has IRST come talk.

When it has HMC come talk.

When it has thrust vectoring come talk.

When it has in flight refueling capability come talk.

When it has the Migs payload come talk.

When it has a higher rate of climb come talk.

When it has superior engines come talk.

Should I keep going?

Now I've just deleted that comment you replied to, so this reply is independent of all that rubbish.

I want you to note that the JF-17 of the PAF that is in service and the most advanced conceivable JF-17 are two different things.

All the bits and pieces are in place for upgrades that a customer may wish for.
IRST pods right now are the only choice, but if the need should arrive and if funds permit, the JF-17 COULD be fitted with IRST as you've seen happen with the J-10. IFR is there. AESA could be here for Block III, but I recall the Chinese saying that the AESA for JF-17 could be done in line with customer requirements, meaning there are plans for it. For certain, the time will come where PAF may want this too, we can't see through the next decade without it. Same goes for any other higher end avionics and structural ideas we see in other Chinese projects.

My point again being, that the PAF's JF-17 should not be confused with the FC-1 that can be made should the customers require it.

It's easy to look around and spot what you see as a spectator on a forum, real life is a bit more complicated.

Thrust vectoring is unnecessary, the Mig-29's payload for an aircraft the size of the JF-17 is an unreasonable measure.

I remember the time when your elders use to call it a paper plane.
Dude read JF-17 thunder info thread and get educated.

but seriously, stop behaving like monkey man.

JF-17 blk-2 would be vs. Indian navy not blk-1.

well better than donkey man... I don't think so.. JFT blk2 vs IN Mig-29K??? not a chance...

Fan boys are making this a Mig-29 and JF-17, Fighter A vs B scenario.
As if the topic of this thread was, which would fare better in an empty world combat scenario.

This is about competition in the global market for these types aircraft.

Fan boys are making this a Mig-29 and JF-17, Fighter A vs B scenario.
As if the topic of this thread was, which would fare better in an empty world combat scenario.

This is about competition in the global market for these types aircraft.

hi Jungibaaz howz u.... is JFT blk 1 production stopped?? and Blk 2 production started???

Back
Top Bottom