What's new

Russia is seriously concerned over JF-17's take over on MiG-29

Well the only advantage Mig offers is perhaps if one engine goes out the other helps you land safely to ground.

Apart from that there is no major advantage

J11 offers more , newer avionics and capabilities and we must focus on this fighter jet

The number of times Indians have crashed the plane it has damaged the reputation for Migs since that time it will take time to recover that broken reputation

They even documented the crashes in some movies that the hero dies in plane crash of some kind old movie

Its hardly a suprise people want JF17 thunder now

I wouldn't be suprused if Indians hit a iceberg in indian ocean some how and damage the Russian built aircraft carrier next, Russians are more weary of that scenario

Congratulations, you are qualified for "Dumbest member of the Forum"

I
Congratulations, you are qualified for "Dumbest member of the Forum"
I think there are to draw back for the jft first low marketing second low power engine the rest is for the jft its the winner the mig-29 is a joke except it's maneuverability otherwise it has sucks radar sucks ew rwr if I can I'd order many jft to the Iraqi air force as a multipurpose fighter but they're sucks.

I think we should not overplay JF-17, from project point of view, as far as defining the concept and taking it to reality it’s a brilliant achievement for PAF and in future PAF can continue to evolve the platform, however let’s not forget that it currently uses a Russian engine and for most part JF-17 is a Chinese aircraft.

I

I think there are to draw back for the jft first low marketing second low power engine the rest is for the jft its the winner the mig-29 is a joke except it's maneuverability otherwise it has sucks radar sucks ew rwr if I can I'd order many jft to the Iraqi air force as a multipurpose fighter but they're sucks.

From where you got above conclusion. Are you comparing first generation MIG-29 with JF-17 Block II
IN's MIG-29K can beat anything in you arsenal included our Su-30 MKI.

Why would Russia be scared of JF17 vs Mig, two very different beasts.
Because they know the JFT has better electronics thats why plus cheaper to induct plus cheaper to maintain see all that vs the sucks mig-29.

From where you got above conclusion. Are you comparing first generation MIG-29 with JF-17 Block II
IN's MIG-29K can beat anything in you arsenal included our Su-30 MKI.
thats mighty be right but not all the mig-29 are in the same par with the mig-29K. now can you tell me how far its radar can see the JFT.

te="trident2010, post: 5055197, member: 28614"]Light fighter JF-17 aimed for third world countries who cannot afford twin engine fighter like Mig-29. So there is no competition. Both of them in different league.[/quote]
Absolutely! ! I really wonder what the fuss is all about? So why are the ruskies so concerned ??
By the way SU s are producing a baby SU which is single engined and smaller. I wonder why???
Araz

OK Guys!! Lets stop tbe dick measuring contest. As Irfan said these are 2 different planes with completely different design philosophy and roles. There is no sense in comparing apples and oranges.
As to all of you wanting a contest between JFT and Migs please stop and think twice. War in any theatre is harrowing and most of you would eigher end up as orphans or worse still DEAD . So please stop this nonsense and talk about like for like
As far as the ruskies are concerned they can make all the noise they want
One of the facts that all but a few have missed is that they make money in both the cases.So while we are fighting over something that is of no direct concern to us they are laughing all the way to the bank. Serves us right for being mental slaves to the powers that be. Have any of you thought that you have more in common with each other than you and the russians or the Amreekans.So they sell us toys and we play the game of death and destruction over petty issues that are also gifts from our "friends". So please think again.
Araz

well there is nothing like comparing , miG-29 provides different roles and Jf-17 is a different kind of bird with different roles ...both have some advantages and dis-advantages ...
any obviously any poor or small country will prefer a plane that can do many tasks and with cheap cost and maintenance, so here Jf-17 is a lot cheaper than Mig-29 .

I

And I suppose you are an expert or have first hand experience with the Mig-29 and it's radar? When the Israelis evaluated the Mig-29 they concluded it had a very good radar, they went on to say that it is equal to the F-16 and F-15 and in some ways surpasses them.

And sorry the latest Mig-29 or 35 employes AESA which is at minimum a generation ahead of the PESA employed in the thunder. Moreover, the Mig-29s latest EW suit also utilizes AESA as well as the air-to-air missiles which are under development, they too have AESA radars. And just to put nail the coffin, the thunder has no equivalent to the OLS-35 IRST.

And I suppose you are an expert or have first hand experience with the Mig-29 and it's radar? When the Israelis evaluated the Mig-29 they concluded it had a very good radar, they went on to say that it is equal to the F-16 and F-15 and in some ways surpasses them.

And sorry the latest Mig-29 or 35 employes AESA which is at minimum a generation ahead of the PESA employed in the thunder. Moreover, the Mig-29s latest EW suit also utilizes AESA as well as the air-to-air missiles which are under development, they too have AESA radars. And just to put nail the coffin, the thunder has no equivalent to the OLS-35 IRST.
I mean the regular mig-29 not the latest bro if Iraq going to induct some fulcrum it's going to be the latest ones not the ones been rejected by Algeria and the one been scraped by Malaysia let's be honest the fulcrum is the failure of MIG bureau. can u tell me where the Israelis had that evaluation just to have a look @ thanks.

3 words.. Design-flaw..history.. ?

I mean the regular mig-29 not the latest bro if Iraq going to induct some fulcrum it's going to be the latest ones not the ones been rejected by Algeria and the one been scraped by Malaysia let's be honest the fulcrum is the failure of MIG bureau. can u tell me where the Israelis had that evaluation just to have a look @ thanks.

The Israeli Air Force

3 words.. Design-flaw..history.. ?

There is nothing wrong with the design of the mig-29, it can acheive the same tasks of many other aircraft and in many cases do them better, as for flaws, Mig has improved many shortcoming of the Mig-29 such as larger internal fuel tanks, longer service life, fewer overhauls, cheaper operating cost ect.

As for history, your perception is likely flawed, you probably equate the logic of, teen series shot down the mig-29 so it's inferior. A little history and research would tell you that during those encounters some Migs had malfunctioning radars. Also during Iraq a few Iraqi Mig-29s had radar locks and even scored direct hits on a few aircraft but those aircraft got very lucky and survived the missile hits. Furthermore, Mig-29s were involved in turning fights with aircraft such as the F-15, the mig-29 had the advantage; however, the training and AWACs of the F-15 overcame the Mig-29s maneuverability, HMS, and high bore missiles. In fact the Iraqis were so badly trained that they crashed into the desert floor when engaged in dogfights and the F-15 got credit for the kill when in reality the F-15 had no part in the Mig-29s distruction.

Back
Top Bottom