What's new

Russia “capable and willing” to help India achieve self reliance in defence

shree835

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
The long-established defence ties between Russia and India will not be affected by India’s new defence procurement policy and procedure, Victor Komardin, Deputy Director General of Russian defence export agency Rosoboronexport,told The Hindu in an interview.

India promulgated a new Defence Procurement Procedure 2013 with effect from June 1, 2013. The policy is aimed at laying a strong emphasis on promoting indigenisation and creating a level playing field for the Indian Industry.

Russia is “capable and willing” to extend all support to India in fulfilling its goal of self-reliance, Komardin, who is in Kochi for NAMEXPO-2013 told the paper.

The new Indian policy explicitly accords a higher preference to the Buy (Indian), Buy and Make (Indian) and Make categorisation, besides bringing further clarity in the definition of the ‘Indigenous Content’ and simplifying the Buy and Make (Indian) process.

“Of the 47 ships under construction for the Indian Navy at the moment, the only one constructed outside the country [INS Vikramaditya] is done by us,” Komardin told The Hindu. “We’ve just done three frigates for the Indian Navy. We are the only country that has built submarines for them …. After DPP-2013 was released, many private Indian shipyards came to us for cooperation. All that is needed now is to finalise specific, concrete projects. We are prepared, technically.”

INS Sindhurakshak tragedy

India has the “moral and ethical responsibility” to find out what caused the INS Sindhurakshak accident, Komardin was cited by the paper as saying. “If it doesn’t have anything to do with manufacture or design, we may not be interested to know,” he told the paper, adding that it would be “improper” for Russia to demand information on the incident.

An Indian naval board of enquiry has yet to reach a conclusion on the cause of the accident that led to the sinking of the Sindhurakshak. Russia has offered to cooperate and assist in the Indian Navy’s investigations.

Komardin told the paper that Russia was in a position to ensure fast delivery of its Amur-class submarines for India’s Project 75-I, under which the Indian Navy would order a new line of six submarines with air independent propulsion capability. If India wanted to integrate something like the BrahMos cruise missile or the underdevelopment air independent propulsion, it was also possible, Komardin told the paper adding that it would then take time to get operational.

http://indrus.in/economics/2013/09/24/russia_capable_and_willing_to_help_india_achieve_self_reliance_in_d_29623.html

This news came after america proposed JV with india. At last russia will now do everything india wants.... Just like russia gave space technology to china including nukes tech. Russia had no choice as america was getting ahead of them. India to benefit alot.

By giving this statement , you have proved that you are a true CHINI DUMBO....How can you compare BrahMos with JF-17.

Both are joint developments. I'm responding to someone commenting about Jf-17 being a joint venture. Which Brahmos is as well.

That is not true. Brahmos is an example like JF-17.

As of now 20% of the subsystems are made in India and made by India

The percentage of Indian subsystems will rise in future, that's sure.

On Topic> We can expect some more JVs with Russia in coming time, the Russians will definitely try their best to guard their biggest defense market

Both are joint developments. I'm responding to someone commenting about Jf-17 being a joint venture. Which Brahmos is as well.

If you claim JF-17 was joint venture , you should specify which JF 17 subsystem was contributed by Pakistan as we have specified what subsystems of Brahmos were developed by India !

This news came after america proposed JV with india. At last russia will now do everything india wants.... Just like russia gave space technology to china including nukes tech. Russia had no choice as america was getting ahead of them. India to benefit alot.

First,I have great respect for Indian people,right now i write on your rich section,it is unnecessery to write about Indian achievments in world history,BUT....
India is not center of universe,Russia wouldnt do anything for India,to believe in that you must be insane,you are just a big and important part of puzzle called "Lets crown Russia again with title of superpower".

It is insane too to believe that Russia will give Chine anything from they latest nuclear and space tech.

India benefits most from that relations,with Russia help you will become great power with par on China maybe someday,without help from that superpower I think that China will surpass you in every aspects,no offense to Indians,do not take this as provocation but like a friendly recommendation from a distant friend.

you are just a big and important part of puzzle called "Lets crown Russia again with title of superpower".

And how do you think - Russia deserves to return to Olympus?

First,I have great respect for Indian people,right now i write on your rich section,it is unnecessery to write about Indian achievments in world history,BUT....
India is not center of universe,Russia wouldnt do anything for India,to believe in that you must be insane,you are just a big and important part of puzzle called "Lets crown Russia again with title of superpower".

It is insane too to believe that Russia will give Chine anything from they latest nuclear and space tech.

India benefits most from that relations,with Russia help you will become great power with par on China maybe someday,without help from that superpower I think that China will surpass you in every aspects,no offense to Indians,do not take this as provocation but like a friendly recommendation from a distant friend.

Hello to you!

The basic assumptions that lots of foreigners make is that Indians care about taking sides. The only side we are on is our own. Not American, not Russian, not French, not Israeli. If there is any benefit we get for furthering ourselves we will do it. But, assuming that we will load all our eggs in the Russian basket, is not Indian foreign policy is about.

As far as China goes, our policy issue is with the over whelming support provided to Pakistan. The Indian elephant today is bound by the governmental shackles and ridiculous decision making. What we lack is a manufacturing base. If the next government is able to trigger this, you will see a country growing at fast rates. Coupled with good relations globally, it will go on to be one of the biggest economies in the next 20 years. But, then this being India it may take 30 years.

Back
Top Bottom