What's new

Reuters claims that Pakistani-Americans are masquerading as Indians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it's a third world country. Who the hell said otherwise?

I was born here, but lived in the US for about ten years. Moved back to this third world, because to be frank there's no place like home :)

I don't blame you. Home is home and there is no place better. But stop trying to sell me this incredible India bullshit.

Your country is doing well, but it's really not at the point of bragging rights.

India or Indians first need to establish an identity for any one to pretend to be an Indian.
When an average American doesn't have a clue about India....why would any Pakistani portray to be an Indian.!!
In fact, one of the person thinks,....Bangladesh is the capital of India. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
India or Indians first need to establish an identity for any one to pretend to be an Indian.
When an average American doesn't have a clue about India....why would any Pakistani portray to be an Indian.!!
In fact, one of the person thinks,....Bangladesh is the capital of India. :laugh:

Who cares about "average" people. Average people don't make it to the top levels of politics, military, science and technology. Average people don't run the world, people at the top do. And the people at the top sure know the capital of India.

Who cares about "average" people. Average people don't make it to the top levels of politics, military, science and technology. Average people don't run the world, people at the top do. And the people at the top sure know the capital of India.

People at the top also know where Bagram, Kabul and Kandhar are situated....but the psyche of the topic is not exactly those working in the Pentagon or the White House....hence, say a common Pakistani wouldn't be interacting with those but the common American Citizen. !! :)

Guys no need to reply to unwelcomed members just don't reply to them and ignore them they will go away.

People at the top also know where Bagram, Kabul and Kandhar are situated....but the psyche of the topic is not exactly those working in the Pentagon or the White House....hence, say a common Pakistani wouldn't be interacting with those but the common American Citizen. !! :)

Yes and there lies the difference and thats when the stereotype comes into play. Pakistani stereotype vs Indian stereotype in America, no prizes for guessing which one is better. So can't really blame the Pakistanis for posing as Indians.

This is just wrong , Pakistanis must stop doing this . If any of them ever end up doing something wrong , Indians will get a bad name . Pakistanis must try to be acheivers and use their own nationality for this purpose

But stop trying to sell me this incredible India bullshit.

Your country is doing well, but it's really not at the point of bragging rights.

When we compare our country to Pakistan we feel we in are Zannat. If incredible India isa bullshit then wonder what words one would use to describe Pakistan. Must ask to brits to invent a word for present prevailing conditions of Pak.

Tell the Americans that you are from India....and they will automatically think you are an illegal alien.

More illegal immigrants from India crossing border - US news - Security | NBC News

Not really, Mexicans have reserved that spot :D
The Indian stereotype are call centers, curry, Apu, spicy food, turbaned men, mustached women etc.
I agree there is a lot of stereotyping even in the case of racism, but most Americans cannot tell the difference between an Indian, Pakistani, Arabian, Sir Lanka. It's all the same brown. There are those who actually have traveled to those countries and can tell who is who.

Not really, Mexicans have reserved that spot :D
The Indian stereotype are call centers, curry, Apu, spicy food, turbaned men, mustached women etc.
I agree there is a lot of stereotyping even in the case of racism, but most Americans cannot tell the difference between an Indian, Pakistani, Arabian, Sir Lanka. It's all the same brown. There are those who actually have traveled to those countries and can tell who is who.

True, the only Pakistanis that do stand out are the ones who are actually fair skinned, like Kashmiris and Pathans, the two groups that are noticeably different looking than most Pakistanis. For example here I have been mistaken for Greek, even Iranian, Turkish, or some other nationality.

The Indian stereotype are call centers, curry, Apu, spicy food, turbaned men, mustached women etc

All very true there are more but no need to get into that...

True, the only Pakistanis that do stand out are the ones who are actually fair skinned, like Kashmiris and Pathans.

All very true there is more but no need to get into that...

Well I haven't really met any Pakistani or Indian that looked different. You all look the same $hit to me. I've got stereotypes for Pakistanis as well including the Indian ones. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom