What's new

Renewable energy projects worth Rs 30,000 crore being implemented in Madhya Pradesh

Puchtoon

Reaction score
NEW DELHI: Renewable energy projects worth Rs 30,000 crore are being implemented in Madhya Pradesh, which have quietly reached out to companies and attracted GE, Reliance Power, Spanish wind major Gamesa and others, giving tough competition to Gujarat in the sector.

The buzz of activity has catapulted the state to the top slot of renewable energy in the country where Narendra Modi's Gujarat was hailed as the most successful state in the sector. MP's Chief Minister Shivraj Singh C ..

Read more at:
Renewable energy projects worth Rs 30,000 crore being implemented in Madhya Pradesh - Economic Times

What are the prices for each kwH of solar power in India?

What are the prices for each kwH of solar power in India?

It is getting to a stage where it can give competition to fossil fuel based power.

We should invest in renewable energy in a big way. It is heartening that India is actually doing very well in this area.

It is getting to a stage where it can give competition to fossil fuel based power.

We should invest in renewable energy in a big way. It is heartening that India is actually doing very well in this area.

That's encouraging indeed.

It's only worthwhile in Australia after government subsidies. :(

I seriously doubt this.

I think its more likely PDF is getting to a stage whereby posters pull facts out of their ***.

I seriously doubt this.

I think its more likely PDF is getting to a stage whereby posters pull facts out of their ***.
That my friend, could have been said in a more decent way. You seem to be in the habit of talking like an ***, what? Made you look pretty silly.

Have you heard of a term called, 'economies of scale'? No? Then Google it.

Last edited:
I seriously doubt this.

First of all, no need to use such language. It would help to check facts rather than just "seriously doubt".

Power from imported coal and domestically produced natural gas costs around Rs 4.5 a kilowatt-hour while solar energy costs are seven rupees -- down sharply from Rs 18 in 2010, the ministry of New and Renewable Energy says.

The next stage of expansion will see India build the world's largest solar plant to generate 4,000MW on the shores of a saltwater lake in the northwestern desert state of Rajasthan, which should drive solar power costs even lower.

Operators believe economies of scale from the Rs 280 billion ($4.4 billion) Sambhar plant to be constructed over the next seven years will reduce prices to Rs 5.0-Rs 5.5 a kilowatt-hour.

Solar energy ambitions take shape as costs tumble - The Times of India

If one calculates the lifecycle costs and also the environment impact, there is no question of the way forward.

I seriously doubt this.

there are polite ways to ask sources
articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-04-24/hyderabad/38789811_1_solar-power-rs-6-49-unit
Karnataka receives lowest solar energy tariff bid till date | Down To Earth
Rajasthan solar tender turns up lowest ever tariff | Business Line
AP receives bids for 350 MW solar PV power units at Rs 6.49 | Business Line
India to build world's largest solar power plant in Rajasthan - Economic Times
TN unveils solar power tariff, leaves industry sore - Times Of India

unit coal power is roughly 4-5 rupees here.the lowest bid received for solar power is currently about 5.5 rupees from 17 rupees in the past . .its getting there..

Last edited:
solar power in its current form needs serious research .. the heavy metals used in the solar cells have the potential to cause serious diseases in mass scale if not disposed off properly .. and the renewable energy use apologists will never take into factor the cost of disposing these metals off safely which i must add is quite substantial..

heavy metals viz arsenic and gallium cadmium mercury etc ..

Have you heard of a term called, 'economies of scale'? No? Then Google it.

Economics of scale don't work for solar, sorry to put it bluntly but you have no idea about 'economics of scale'.

Economics of scale work when you make a single wind turbine generate more power.

By adding a wind farm with 10 billion units, economics of scale do not apply; you're simply multiplying the same unit efficiency.

Solar energy ambitions take shape as costs tumble - The Times of India
If one calculates the lifecycle costs and also the environment impact, there is no question of the way forward.

Sorry, but I dont read newspapers articles published by journalist, who couldn't pass grade 10 mathematics, that's why their writing newspapers now.

When you give me a peer reviewed article by an academic institution, stating solar power in India is competitive with fossil fuel; i"ll read it.

Economics of scale don't work for solar, sorry to put it bluntly but you have no idea about 'economics of scale'.

Economics of scale work when you make a single wind turbine generate more power.

By adding a wind farm with 10 billion units, economics of scale do not apply; you're simply multiplying the same unit efficiency.
Don't bullsh!t me. You have no idea what you're talking about. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Economies of scale means the cost advantages that enterprises obtain due to size, throughput, or scale of operation, with cost per unit of output generally decreasing with increasing scale as fixed costs are spread out over more units of output (incremental production).

Often operational efficiency is also greater with increasing scale, leading to lower variable cost as well.

Some of the dumbest comments I have seen in quite some time.

The cost of renewable energy is falling across the world for precise the reason "economies of scale".

More electricity production capacity is coming up every year based on renewables than on fossil fuels. And they can compete today with new fossil fuel based capacity on cost.

Sorry, but I dont read newspapers articles published by journalist, who couldn't pass grade 10 mathematics, that's why their writing newspapers now.

When you give me a peer reviewed article by an academic institution, stating solar power in India is competitive with fossil fuel; i"ll read it.

Do your own research. I am not here to spoon feed unwilling people.

Hey fool, solar power has reached the grid parity in india ....just google it...
Solar power has reached grid parity in India and Italy : TreeHugger

Did you see the scale of solar projects in india!!!

or solar, sorry to put it bluntly but you have no idea about 'economics of scale'.
Don't bullsh!t me. You have no idea what you're talking about. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Economies of scale means the cost advantages that enterprises obtain due to size, throughput, or scale of operation, with cost per unit of output generally decreasing with increasing scale as fixed costs are spread out over more units of output (incremental production).

Often operational efficiency is also greater with increasing scale, leading to lower variable cost as well.

Are you to say that Indian manufacturing of Solar is on such a scale that it's out pacing the rest of world? Including Germany who are leading technology into photo voltaic solar?

Back
Top Bottom