What's new

Real poverty in china

Status
Not open for further replies.
India finds '100 million' more poor people

The Indian government says it has found that 100 million more Indians are living below the poverty line than previously thought.

Over 370 million Indians - 40% of the population - are now eligible for subsidised food supplies.

The recalculation is based on earnings and the ability of a family to afford one meal a day meeting minimum nutritional needs.

The previous estimate was based only on calorie intake, officials say

India's poor has been hit by the sharp rise in food prices - the official index indicates that food price inflation has varied between 18% and 20% in recent months.

BBC News - India finds '100 million' more poor people

?India has more rich people than poor now? - Times Of India

India now has more rich than poor - Business News - IBNLive
‘India has more rich people than poor now’
http://www.ncaer.org/downloads/MediaClips/Press/TOI-Indiahasmorerichpeoplethanpoor.pdf
‘India has more rich people than poor now’ – Sulekha News

'More poor' in India than Africa

Eight Indian states account for more poor people than in the 26 poorest African countries combined, a new measure of global poverty has found.

The Indian states, including Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal, have 421 million "poor" people, the study found.

This is more than the 410 million poor in the poorest African countries, it said.

The Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) measures a range of "deprivations" at household levels.

Developed by Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI) with UN support, it will feature in the upcoming UNDP Human Development Report.

The measure assess a number of "deprivations" in households - from education to health to assets and services.

"The MPI is like a high resolution lens which reveals a vivid spectrum of challenges facing the poorest households," said OPHI director Dr Sabina Alkire.

BBC News - 'More poor' in India than Africa

I said u in my 1st post in this thread itself guys...this link has been bookmarked..even after 100years this will be posted :rofl:

India finds '100 million' more poor people

The Indian government says it has found that 100 million more Indians are living below the poverty line than previously thought.

Over 370 million Indians - 40% of the population - are now eligible for subsidised food supplies.

The recalculation is based on earnings and the ability of a family to afford one meal a day meeting minimum nutritional needs.

The previous estimate was based only on calorie intake, officials say

India's poor has been hit by the sharp rise in food prices - the official index indicates that food price inflation has varied between 18% and 20% in recent months.

BBC News - India finds '100 million' more poor people

find out why it increased or more so over find out how is poverty measured in india and then compare it to china

Lets finish it China per capita income $4,384 India $1,300 not much of a difference..
Yeah, you own 1000$ a month and you believe your difference from the guy who earns 3000+$ is not that much. But even that difference isn't that much, difference still exists.

yes there is difference but not even close close close to be there,from where Chinese can whine about poverty in India..

The problem here is the one who is doing worse is whining about the poverty in China who is doing better. Think about how you will feel if you are in our shoes.

When i first clicked on the thread, I was 100% certain it was started by an indian member. Anyways, India bashing china over the matter of poverty is extremely hypocritical.

find out why it increased or more so over find out how is poverty measured in india and then compare it to china

No matter how we measure our poverty, the fact that China is doing better than India stands.

Do me a favor, search the forum to find out how many threads about Indian proverty have been started by Chinese members, contrast them with the threads about Chinese poverty by Indian members, you will understand Chinese members here are always in a defensive position while Indian members are always offending by starting threads like this one.

I am a regular on this forum and have been through all such threads. Your allegations are not only wrong, but tell the story other way round. And I have seen too many of your 'defensive Chinese members'.

By the way... you don't have to go too far on a search, the bitter truth is right here in this thread itself (the thread about China... how Chinese members react)...

^^ This is the third post in this thread - First post by any Chinese member who joined this thread. Chinese mocking India in the wrong thread, not Indian mocking China.

When i first clicked on the thread, I was 100% certain it was started by an indian member. Anyways, India bashing china over the matter of poverty is extremely hypocritical.

and a bd commenting on it is not hypocritical but utter stupidity lol

I think most Chinese members have already pointed out that, the reason China deosn't have slums is because the government will simply toss whatever country bumpkin trying to sneak into the city back to the countryside.

Then what are you doing here? Reminding me of Chinese poverty while more of your own people are suffering from that?

You are a little too sensitive to be on an international forum.

All sorts of articles and news will be reported here, you should try to stay away from those that may hurt your sentiments.

I am a regular on this forum and have been through all such threads. Your allegations are not only wrong, but tell the story other way round. And I have seen too many of your 'defensive Chinese members'.

Give me links of threads about Indian poverty started by Chinese members, then we will talk. I am giving you a link of a thread about Chinese poverty started by Indian member.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/106157-real-poverty-china-5.html

By the way... you don't have to go too far on a search, the bitter truth is right here in this thread itself (the thread about China... how Chinese members react)...

^^ This is the third post in this thread - First post by any Chinese member who joined this thread. Chinese mocking India in the wrong thread, not Indian mocking China.

That is an action of defending.

If Indian members didn't offend us by starting thread about Chinese poverty in the first place, no Chinese members would bring Indian poverty into this.

If you don't take starting a thread about Chinese povery as offensive while taking posting information about Indian poverty in a thread started by Indian as offensive, you beat me!

Give me links of threads about Indian poverty started by Chinese members, then we will talk. I am giving you a link of a thread about Chinese poverty started by Indian member.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/106157-real-poverty-china-5.html

That is an action of defending.

If Indian members didn't offend us by starting thread about Chinese poverty in the first place, no Chinese members would bring Indian poverty into this.

If you don't take starting a thread about Chinese povery as offensive while taking posting information about Indian poverty in a thread started by Indian as offensive, you beat me!

if you are getting offended by such news or articles i will suggest you to join some chinese forum not international ones like this

if you are getting offended by such news or articles i will suggest you to join some chinese forum not international ones like this

Why? Because you are entitled to bash China in an international forum like this?

Let me be clear with you, I can tolerate anything Chinese members said about Chinese poverty, and I will never let any Indian insult China over poverty like what is happening here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom