What's new

Rape fear keeps US students out of India: Nancy Powell

I think we already established the US has more reported cases of rape than India. See my earlier post to learn why ..

The mention of this issue or word sent Indians bonkers so you will see they are not ready to discuss it at all.

I feel the difference between such cases in the West/US and subcontinent is that the victim or public in West/US are hopeful of justice and fair treatment whereas in our part of the world it is NOT there.

you will see exceptions there but in our part of the world almost every rapist roam free

The mention of this issue or word sent Indians bonkers so you will see they are not ready to discuss it at all.

I feel the difference between such cases in the West/US and subcontinent is that the victim or public in West/US are hopeful of justice and fair treatment whereas in our part of the world it is NOT there.

you will see exceptions there but in our part of the world almost every rapist roam free

USA is more brutal and dangerous country for ladies than India.

I'm pretty sure that America has a higher statistical incidence of rape than India.

The reason people may think otherwise, is because the Indian media always loves to be sensationalist and go crazy with any issue they can get their hands on.

And that domestic media frenzy always ends up spreading to the international media.
We have a problem and anyone trying to say "No No No" is just BS.If the media sensationalism and bad press helps to improve the condition of the women in India,then it is worth it.

We have a problem and anyone trying to say "No No No" is just BS.If the media sensationalism and bad press helps to improve the condition of the women in India,then it is worth it.

Does the media sensationalism improve their condition though?

Or does it encourage copy-cat attacks? Which seems to be the case after the Delhi attack.

Why not just report responsibly instead of being sensationalist? And yes, I know HK media is sensationalist and uncontrollable too, but not usually about issues like rape.

I don't know about you guys man. But Nancy Powell looks like a dyke to me.

M_Id_255584_FP.jpg

Personally, I would be afraid of rape too if I saw "her" coming at me.

Does the media sensationalism improve their condition though?

Or does it encourage copy-cat attacks? Which seems to be the case after the Delhi attack.

Why not just report responsibly instead of being sensationalist? And yes, I know HK media is sensationalist and uncontrollable too, but not usually about issues like rape.
Yup it does,acts as a constant reminder.There have been a lot cases registered which would have been hushed up previously.

These are not copy cat attacks.Read news about similar attacks in other South Asian countries.

Nowadays everyone knows if they rape someone they will in the headlines (acts as a deterrence) and those who are not deterred by this, it will be difficult for the families,cops and local politicos to hush up the cases.

The answer to your last question is cultural difference and inefficiency in our governments.Sensationalism gets the numbers and the numbers force the governments to go "Ah! we need to do something about this".

Meh.... Nothing but jingoism and ego in this thread ... the inability for people to accept Rapes happen in their own countries is very depressing, especially coming from women, despite the amount of evidence posted in this thread ... We just have an over sensationalist media and few Bigots outside India to take full advantage of this unfortunate incidence.... You people who are pointing fingers should be Embarrassed at yourself ...

Maybe you should read the first page before hitting the reply button , there are countless cases in the US where Rapists are caught and freed within a month or are not caught at all ...
As i said ... You and other folks like you just want to use Rapes for mudslinging are aren't really interested in resolving this problem , if you actually where , you would start with your own country

Last edited:
U.S. Justice Department rape statistics understate problem: study - Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Department of Justice should change how it counts the number of sexual assaults that occur in the United States because its tally understates the numbers by possibly as much as seven-fold, an outside advisory panel said on Tuesday.

now if you decide to cross check these numbers with the rapes rates per 100000 people then the actual numbers is astonishing ..

Rape statistics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

27.3 per 100000 people in US as compared to 1.8 In India as per 2010 statistics .... now multiply that amount by 7 times you find and number which is Massive ...

Check the above link and see the rates in most western countries

Meh.... Nothing but jingoism and ego in this thread ... the inability for people to accept Rapes happen in their own countries is very depressing, especially coming from women, despite the amount of evidence posted in this thread ... We just have an over sensationalist media and few Bigots outside India to take full advantage of this unfortunate incidence.... You people who are pointing fingers should be Embarrassed at yourself ...

Maybe you should read the first page before hitting the reply button , there are countless cases in the US where Rapists are caught and freed within a month or are not caught at all ...
As i said ... You and other folks like you just want to use Rapes for mudslinging are aren't really interested in resolving this problem , if you actually where , you would start with your own country
You cant just brush the dirt under the carpet and pretend that the house is cleaner because your neighbour's house also has the dirt

Lately Central Park in NYC has became a rape flashpoint in last 10 years. And that's not stopping these young women from jogging in the middle of the night. Also NYC subways are very friendly and busy during the day, but at night it's asking for trouble.

You cant just brush the dirt under the carpet and pretend that the house is cleaner because your neighbour's house also has the dirt

Our media is exposing rapes and your telling me we are brushing the dirt under the carpet ? :sick: , its the folks here with a huge ego which is trying to rub it under the carpet, The very fact that we have Americans and Pakistanis pointing fingers at India should itself be taken as a pointer...I suggest you use your advice on yourself... Indians here have accepted this, and correcting the problems...but what are you people doing... nothing but mud slinging ...

Back
Top Bottom