What's new

Ramadan Karim | 2014

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hey Guys I am creating this thread to discuss about Ramadan How you spent your Ramadan and what you do what kind of worship you like to do most how you spent your day and How Ramadan is celebrated in your country please share that and be active on this thread till last day of Ramadan
@Aeronaut @Oscar @Fulcrum15 @Indos @madokafc @Reashot Xigwin @Jakartans@PkDef @al-Hasani @Yzd Khalifa @Arabian Legend @JUBA @JonAsad @Areesh

pakoras-most-favourite-food-item-of-iftar-1344195401-1548.jpg

Pakoras with chatni most famous in Pakistan
picCj2Q7e.jpg

Samosas
recipes-chaats-fruit-and-alu-chaat.jpg

Fruit Chaat
Dal-Mash-Dahi-Baray-Recipe.jpg

Dahi Baray
alu-paratha.jpg

Paratah and Yogurt mostly used for Sehri
Doodh_Soda.JPG

Doodha Soda milk mixed with either 7 up or sprite
@Kaan @Muhammad Omar @Al Bhatti @Jf Thunder

Last edited:
banana-compote-with-coconut-milk-kolak-pisang.jpg

This is my favorite meals during Ramadhan : KOLAK PISANG.
Kolak pisang is an Indonesian dessert made from coconut milk and bananas (or plantains). using gula merah (gula melaka in Malay, also known as palm sugar) as natural sweetener. We used to mixed the bananas with Casava and sweet potatoes.

Im not a moslem, but Indonesian have tradition to invite everyone in to enjoy the frasting break momment every day during the Ramadhan. After a whole day of fasting, Indonesian use to eat light dessert before the main course. We call it "Buka Puasa Bersama" or "Break the fasting together" right after the Adzan Maghrib are called from the mosques.

This moment are shared together regardless what your religion here in Indonesia. Even in an office with non-Moslem majority just like my company, We held this tradition every day during the Ramadhan. After light dessert, the Moslems will go to pray for Maghrib and after that having the heavy meals (Main course).

The start of Ramadhan in Indonesia will be at the end of this month, but usually the exact date will be announce by the Majelis Ulama Indonesia (Indonesian Ulema Council).

banana-compote-with-coconut-milk-kolak-pisang.jpg

This is my favorite meals during Ramadhan : KOLAK PISANG.
Kolak pisang is an Indonesian dessert made from coconut milk and bananas (or plantains). using gula merah (gula melaka in Malay, also known as palm sugar) as natural sweetener. We used to mixed the bananas with Casava and sweet potatoes.

Im not a moslem, but Indonesian have tradition to invite everyone in to enjoy the frasting break momment every day during the Ramadhan. After a whole day of fasting, Indonesian use to eat light dessert before the main course. We call it "Buka Puasa Bersama" or "Break the fasting together" right after the Adzan Maghrib are called from the mosques.

This moment are shared together regardless what your religion here in Indonesia. Even in an office with non-Moslem majority just like my company, We held this tradition every day during the Ramadhan. After light dessert, the Moslems will go to pray for Maghrib and after that having the heavy meals (Main course).

The start of Ramadhan in Indonesia will be at the end of this month, but usually the exact date will be announce by the Majelis Ulama Indonesia (Indonesian Ulema Council).
I like the fried banana :D

Sarawak style :angel:

@Zarvan Allah ka reham kero! Its gonna be tough...Summer, long days plus hot as hell ....I skip lunch now a days to get the stomach used to 19 hrs of Ramadan ahead!! :cray:

@Zarvan Allah ka reham kero! Its gonna be tough...Summer, long days plus hot as hell ....I skip lunch now a days to get the stomach used to 19 hrs of Ramadan ahead!! :cray:
I know so start fasting from this month and Muslims should follow Sunnah for whole year and fast on Mondays and Thursdays as RASOOL SAW used to do

I know so start fasting from this month and Muslims should follow Sunnah for whole year and fast on Mondays and Thursdays as RASOOL SAW used to do
it is not a should but recommendation...No one is forced to do Sunnah but are encouraged!

I know I should but I am slowly getting there skipping lunch is the best I can do so far...

it is not a should but recommendation...No one is forced to do Sunnah but are encouraged!

I know I should but I am slowly getting there skipping lunch is the best I can do so far...
Yes many Sunnah are encouraged including this one but it is better for number of reason first fasting is good for health secondly a person remains in practice and third reason is that we don't do justice to month of Ramdan as normal humans its impossible for us so to avoid punishment or embarrassment on day judgement that our fasting was not good enough we should have lot of volunteer fasting to make it up for compulsory fast

Yes many Sunnah are encouraged including this one but it is better for number of reason first fasting is good for health secondly a person remains in practice and third reason is that we don't do justice to month of Ramdan as normal humans its impossible for us so to avoid punishment or embarrassment on day judgement that our fasting was not good enough we should have lot of volunteer fasting to make it up for compulsory fast
Yes we technically should but also remember ALLAH said in the Quran we do not burden a soul more than he can take ...So one should not push past their capacity! But yes I agree we should try...coz that is all life is about strive for the best :tup:

Yes we technically should but also remember ALLAH said in the Quran we do not burden a soul more than he can take ...So one should not push past their capacity! But yes I agree we should try...coz that is all life is about strive for the best :tup:
Yes slowly not everything together first start to fast on two Mondays or Thursdays in whole month than slowly increase number to 3 fasts in a month than to 4 like that

19 hours where do you live??

Back
Top Bottom