Rafale V PAF imminent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Samuri

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This will become reality in the next 45 days.

News is gathering rapidly in Paris & New Delhi that a interim deal for 18 fighters will be signed before end of February between Dassault and IAF. This is happening to ensure that the new indian govt in Spring post election does not rip up the contest and start again or more likely cancel MMRCA due to indian financial squeeze.

I am sure this has been discussed before never as this threat been so close to reality.

Probably the most advanced 4th generation fighter on the planet alongside euro fighter the PAF will have to plan to fight and defeat this threat in near future.

Rafale will 100% for sure lead any future surprise air campaign over pak air space. Outside the usa the french fighter has the most capability in jamming radars and sam sites over enemy airspace.

An article on what rafale brings to the indian air force

Fighter aircraft generations issue | Defense Issues

In short

When it arrives the rafale as per the artcile above will the best all rounded multi role fighter in this region. it could be argued other than buying Typhoon or F35 PAF may have to wait 10 to 15 Years for a suitable chinease response..

But whislt it awaits what will it do as a interim measure. ?/

what tactics

what short term quick purchase

you guys are getting high on arrogance, after hundreds of threads on mki vs paf, now we see a rafale vs paf, wow. Do you even know the word "tactics"??

Secondly, open a thread when it becomes a reality, so far, its dangling in the air

Dazzler its happening i think its time to stop burying the head in the sand and hope it goes away.

The reality is that to date the indians have inducted nearly 200 su30mki and PAF have responded with 18 x F16/52 and the thunder.

rafale is a threat that will go even beyond su30mki not in numbers but in the level of technology that it brings

admittedly financially the indians will get raped in the process.

Dazzler its happening i think its time to stop burying the head in the sand and hope it goes away.

The reality is that to date the indians have inducted nearly 200 su30mki and PAF have responded with 18 x F16/52 and the thunder.

rafale is a threat that will go even beyond su30mki not in numbers but in the level of technology that it brings

Happening does not mean happened, a specific fighter aircraft vserus an airforce, you need to check your thread titles atleast. It makes less sense if any at all. I recommend you visit air doctrines and how ther are formed and for what purpose etc.

sonia and the whole bunch will be richer by a few more millions...........one plane cost 1000 crore...imagine if that money is used to build houses for slum dwellers or good waste disposal units in every city

The deal stinks and we now congress and sonia and the babus will make milliions $$ as kickbacks and deposit the money in switzerland.

But this is about the quantum leap in technology and threat that PAF must answer in it own way.

We have multiple threads in this section about indian fgfa programme and pafs options yet that will not happen for a decade.

rafale is happening now
just like vikramditya , arihant, icbm its a current threat not a future threat like pak fa ..

if people wish t dismiss it fine.

i suppose thats ones way of dealing with it pretend its not happening

The deal stinks and we now congress and sonia and the babus will make milliions $$ as kickbacks and deposit the money in switzerland.

But this is about the quantum leap in technology and threat that PAF must answer in it own way.

We have multiple threads in this section about indian fgfa programme and pafs options yet that will not happen for a decade.

rafale is happening now
just like vikramditya , arihant, icbm its a current threat not a future threat like pak fa ..

if people wish t dismiss it fine.

i suppose thats ones way of dealing with it pretend its not happening

No one is dismissing the Rafale. It's just the deal is not finalized yet, when we see this jet in Indian colors then we can discuss it. Right now a lot of things can go side ways. Think about it, you yourself are saying that a lot of people will get multi-million dollars worth of kickbacks for this deal, now in an election year, who would like to give this kind of ammunition to the opposition. I don't think Congress has decided to self destruct.
I don't know for sure where you are getting this news from but would like to get some links, if you can be so kind.

But to answer your main point how Pakistan will answer to such a deal, if it is realized. It can be done in quite a few ways. But here is two which come to mind.

First, Pakistan has been negotiating with China for an improved version of J10 for some years now which is to be called FC20. Now this could be J10b or c, or even a more advanced version. This could be an answer to the Indian Rafale.

The second option is to have an EW version of JF-17. The most cutting edge feature of the Rafale will be it's EW suite, because of which it has been able to jam radars and achieve electronic stealth. Now if PAF develop a version of JF-17 which is dedicated to EW it will be the most cost effective and straight forward answer to anything new that Rafale brings to IAF. I understand it won't make everyone happy, coz there won't be any shinny new systems, but strategy wise and financial wise this will be the best option for Pakistan IMHO.

Last edited:

You my friend have a lot to learn.

Our current F-16 fleet :

55 F-16A/B Block 15 + MLU upgrade ( Upgrades will completed by the End of 2014 ) = 55 F-16C/D Block 50/52.

12 F-16C + 6 F-16D Block 50/52+

These 73 babies will are more than a Match for any 4th Gen Aircraft currently in IAF inventory.

Plus more Falcons on the way.

Our JF-17 fleet.

50 JF-17 BLK 1 Active service ( which are a rough equivalent of our F-16C/D Block 50/52 according to PAF Officials ).

50 JF-17 BLK 2 to be produced ( Production and induction will be completed in 2016 ) and they will be a match for the RAFALEs if PAF decides to include the chinese AESA which is a rough equivalent of AN/APG-77 .

50 JF-17 BLK to be produced ( induction will be start in 2016 ).

We should focus on JF-17 till 2016 and try to make answer of Rafel with help of China which can be any fighter aircraft of China that can be equal response or greater which should be customized on on PAF request...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom