What's new

Racist anti China anti HIndu ad in US Pres. election by Paul's supporter

Bl[i]tZ

Reaction score

Indian media has picked up the ad and viciously attacks the racist ad Times Now Video

Hindus denounce ad attacking Huntsman's faith, values - CNN.com

Republican presidential hopeful Jon Huntsman called it stupid. His rival Ron Paul denounced it. But perhaps most appalled by a "China Jon" ad on YouTube were Hindus in America.

An amateurish video posted by self-characterized Paul supporter NHLiberty4Paul questions Huntsman's "American values," shows Huntsman, a former ambassador to China, speaking in Mandarin and calls him the "Manchurian Candidate."

So why is that so offensive to Hindus?

The ad also shows images of Huntsman with his two adopted daughters -- one from China and the other, India.
The Huntsmans adopted Indian daughter Asha Bharati from the western state of Gujarat in 2006.

The ad asks: "Share our values? A man of faith?" as a photograph flashes of Huntsman with an infant Asha Bharati. Both are a wearing a red tikka, a mark associated with the sacred and often seen on foreheads at Hindu ceremonies and temples.

The Hindu American Foundation objected to the insinuations made in the video.

"This deplorable ad is blatantly racist and religiously intolerant, and crosses all lines of acceptable political discourse," said Suhag Shukla, the foundation's managing director and legal counsel.

"Instead of vilifying Governor Huntsman, he should be applauded for being open-minded enough to raise his adopted daughter as a Hindu," she said.

Huntsman, a Mormon, is raising Asha "to learn about and appreciate her native culture and the faiths associated with it," his spokesman told CNN last summer.

The advertisement was posted on YouTube earlier this week. An e-mail attempt to reach NHLiberty4Paul was not immediately successful.

A description accompanying the video states that "Ron Paul is the only authentic conservative in this race, and the only one capable of bringing authentic change to Washington. He is the only sole alternative to flip-floppers responsible for the costly mistakes of the past."

At a campaign stop Friday in Concord, New Hampshire, Huntsman told reporters that Paul should disavow the ad.
"If the group is in any way affiliated with his organization, of course he should," Huntsman said.

"It's just political campaign nonsense. It happens from time to time."

He described how his Chinese daughter Gracie Mei was found abandoned in a vegetable market and taken to an orphanage as a newborn.

Now 12, Gracie Mei is a fixture on the Huntsman campaign. The GOP contender often endearingly refers to her as his top foreign policy adviser.

In all, the Huntsmans have seven children.

"To attack a candidate's family, particularly his young daughters, is completely unacceptable and should be denounced by all Americans," said Samir Kalra, director of the Hindu Foundation.

Paul, meanwhile, told CNN that he disavowed the ad and had no control of his supporters' actions.

"Of course I denounce it ... but people do that, and they do it in all campaigns," Paul said.

Hindus denounce ad attacking Huntsman's faith, values - CNN.com

Top comments below CNN

The red dot or "Tika" represents the third eye. With out two eyes we see and perceive the material world. With the "third eye" we see and are aware of the spiritual world. With the third eye we seek to see spirituality in all around us, and experience things that we cannot see with our material eyes. With the third eye we see love and kindness and compassion, and we try to see the reaction that is created by our actions. In other words the tika is there to remind us that there is more to life than meets the eye. I think that being aware of the third eye would be good for Americans, not matter what your faith may be - Kamalarani

--

I'm a Democrat and a Hindu. Yeah, the two often go together because of stunts like this. I'm quite gainfully employed, work for the military, believe in the law and obey it, etc. And yet....this stuff.

Republicans, there are plenty of Jews, Chinese, Hindus, and yes, even Muslims who would vote for you if you would drop the witch hunts. But you can't. You won't. I actually believe Ron Paul on his disavowal, but this hatred is too ingrained in the rest of the party.

I actually wish the GOP could produce more high-quality candidates like Huntsman. It does the country no good when they reduce the bar to acceptability so low. In that case, the Democrats only have to produce someone less awful. I want all the contenders to be at the top of their game. - Entrapment

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the video will have the reverse effect it supposed to have. I admire the guy for his beliefs and his acceptance of multi faiths has to be commended.

Not every American is this dumb but hey Idiots are not from other planets, they are right there somewhere around us. :)

Actions speak for themselves - 168 likes, 4463 dislikes.

CHEERS!

That is really low.

You don't attack a politician by going after their children. That is going too far.

I don't think it was done by Ron Paul's supporters though. I think someone is doing this to discredit both Ron Paul and Jon Hunstsman at the same time.

Till now all Chinese, Indians and Pakistanis have condemned the attack and rightly so!

Finally, we all agree on something! :cheers:

Two minutes of silence for the death of animosity towards each other on this forum. :disagree:

Now, lets all go back to more important threads like Tibet, Kashmir, Balochistan and attack each other. :tup:

Is this such a big deal. Youtube video?
Indian media is crazy.

This is called Dirty politics..and the gullible part of American Public will think he is Chinese,same as Obama is Muslim for many of them.

And what American values are they on about?

A really stupid and low advertising that speaks to people's prejudices, but how is it racist? Because some white guys make it?

Back
Top Bottom