PP-150 recounting: Mian Marghoob of PML-N wins by 453 votes

Jazzbot

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PP-150 recounting: Mian Marghoob of PML-N wins by 453 votes - thenews.com.pk

PP-150recounting-MianMarghoob-PML-N-PTI-lahore_9-4-2013_116720_l.jpg

LAHORE: Mian Marghoob of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) won yet again by 453 votes after the recounting of votes at PP-150 Lahore was completed on Wednesday, Geo News reported.

Earlier, the recounting of votes at PP-150 Lahore was halted as the presiding officers of the nine polling stations did not reach the session court following the order of the Returning Officer.

Returning Officer of PP-150 Lahore Javed Iqbal had summoned the presiding officers to the session court for recounting of the votes.

The recounting of votes started on Monday and completed after three days today.

After the recounting of votes, Mian Marghoob emerged as the winner again by 453 votes whose victory had been challenged by the runner-up, Mehar Wajid of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI).

Earlier, a panic was created when it was revealed that two bags of votes were missing. However, later both bags were found from the record room of ECP and produced before the RO.

All the participating candidates, including Marghoob Ahmed of PML-N, who was declared winner and the runner-up, Mehar Wajid of PTI, were also present on the occasion.

After the by-elections of August 22, the ECP results showed that PTI’s Mehar Wajid had lost by 375 votes. Later, PTI’s candidate filed an application seeking recount before said RO but he rejected his plea. However, the PTI rejected the poll result and staged demonstrations demanding a recount of votes.

----------------------

So congratz to PML-N, but their votes increased in re-count once again. Can anyone tell whether its a flaw in our election system or else what's the reason behind it??

Atleast 40 out of 147 polling stations PP150 don't have stamps and signatures of polling staff on ballot papers

Number of votes rejected on 22nd Aug= 374. The same figure jumps to 1138 during the recount. Repoll application being submitted.

totally crap... nothing right can come out of this system.... need improved electoral system...

p.s.

PP150 illegalities: more than 30% counterbooks lack sign & stamp by PO. More than 40% results found to be NOT sealed in temper evident bags.

UPDATE: PTI candidate has rejected results and demands re-election because many ballet papers are found in the ballot box without returning officer stump. Both candidates remained present in recount and witnessed everything closely.

BTT-soJCIAAqsVL.jpg

However, the PTI rejected the poll result and staged demonstrations demanding a recount of votes.
:sleep::sleep:

UPDATE: PTI candidate has rejected results and demands re-election because many ballet papers are found in the ballot box without returning officer stump. Both candidates remained present in recount and witnessed everything closely.

BTT-soJCIAAqsVL.jpg

Those votes are already rejected in counting, if not then in re-counting since both candidates were present at the place. that's the reason why there was a difference in results from recount and original results, i.e. technical rejections.

Those votes are already rejected in counting, if not then in re-counting since both candidates were present at the place. that's the reason why there was a difference in results from recount and original results, i.e. technical rejections.

No dear, they are saying that there were several votes even in re-count which were without RO stamp, that's why they are asking for re-election and aren't accepting this re-count. But very early to say something concrete about it, let more details come out.

No dear, they are saying that there were several votes even in re-count which were without RO stamp, that's why they are asking for re-election and aren't accepting this re-count. But very early to say something concrete about it, let more details come out.

The point is that both candidates were present on the scene while recounting resumed. These votes were to be automatically rejected.

stop whining and crying and focus on delivering to the people

Unlike MQM, we are luckily not limited to ONE city or province. PTI in KPK is focusing on delivering to the people and PTI in Punjab is taking care of by-election issues. May be its unknown to you as you belong to a tiny party called MQM, no worries for us working parallel :)

The point is that both candidates were present on the scene while recounting resumed. These votes were to be automatically rejected.

That's what I'm saying, since both candidates were present that's why we are hearing about ballet papers without RO stamps, otherwise God knows how many such ballot papers were involved in general elections.. :lol:

And want to shed some light on how on earth such ballot papers reached ballot boxes? Magic? :rofl:

Unlike MQM, we are luckily not limited to ONE city or province. PTI in KPK is focusing on delivering to the people and PTI in Punjab is taking care of by-election issues. May be its unknown to you as you belong to a tiny party called MQM, no worries for us working parallel :)

again goonish reply, i can do better rants than you

you guys should stop whining and crying and focus on your performance

you will never play that card of new in politics again

try to understand the difference

the latest example of your performance is the by elections

again goonish reply, i can do better rants than you

you guys should stop whining and crying and focus on your performance

you will never play that card of new in politics again

try to understand the difference

the latest example of your performance is the by elections

What was goonish in my reply?

MQM is a regional power of only a handful cities - TRUE
PTI is far larger party and has presence all around Pakistan - TRUE
KPK and Punjab are two different provinces and PTI has strong presence in both - TRUE
PTI in KPK is taking care of issues in KPK and same for PTI in Punjab - TRUE

Now either you have comprehension problems, or you are deliberately trying to be goonish here.. Anyways, please share if you have anything to post about PP-150..

What was goonish in my reply?

MQM is a regional power of only a handful cities - TRUE
PTI is far larger party and has presence all around Pakistan - TRUE
KPK and Punjab are two different provinces and PTI has strong presence in both - TRUE
PTI in KPK is taking care of issues in KPK and same for PTI in Punjab - TRUE

Now either you have comprehension problems, or you are deliberately trying to be goonish here.. Anyways, please share if you have anything to post about PP-150..

lets just minus all the lotas you gathered from different political parties and then compare whats the seat difference between MQM and PTI

the truth is PTI is still close to zero seats if you minus all the lotas from various parties like JUIF, PMLN, PMLQ, ANP, JI, PPP etc

PTI is stuck in pre election era where it is limited to crying and whining attitude

you guys should learn from PMLQ, it used to win 120 seats in 2002 is reduced to 2 seats today

PTI forward bloc is already made

lets just hope PTI survives these five years time

PTI apne abba MQM se bat kalaami kerne se pehly aik do cheezain he seekh lo, zindagi me kaam ayen gi

your abba has won a seat in GB without using lotas when you were a tanga party :lol:

nothing right can come out of this system.... need improved electoral system...

p.s.

It will happen again and again and PTI will continue to cry about rigging. Mark my words...
You were one of the big critics of TUQ, But it was the only opportunity to kick out this system , This unconstitutional Election commission/Members...
Now, No need to cry about rigging......

It will happen again and again and PTI will continue to cry about rigging. Mark my words...
You were one of the big critics of TUQ, But it was the only opportunity to kick out this system , This unconstitutional Election commission/Members...

Its sad to see members like you supporting an undemocratic system and bringing about a change with violence and bloodshed. Our forefathers sacrificed their lives for a free democratic pakistan, not a place where losers come on the streets to bring a change with bloodshed and violence. Pakistan has one of the best democracy in the world. People hated PML-Q, they completely wiped them off in 2008. People werent satisfied with PPP, they completely wiped them off in 2013 even though PPP has the biggest vote bank. Now, its time for PMLN to shine, if they fail, they will also be wiped out. Stop crying now. You guys have miserably lost. Even in recounting, you guys got nothing but shame.

TuQ is a dubious character, he is a religious guy, so I dont trust him or his unknown motives to just jump in out of nowhere.

secondly, our party policy has always been to help democracy strengthen in the country, and we will continue our struggle for it.

improvement of system is required so to fill the loopholes.

Back
Top Bottom