What's new

Please tell your current city and duration of power cuts

karan21

Reaction score
Hi,
Recently there has been news about many states(Guj, Haryana, Kerela, Himachal, MP) in India actually becoming power surplus and Govt has firmed up plans to export 5000MW of surplus power by 2020. I would like inputs from everyone so we can figure out if this just a political stunt or ground reality. So, please mention ur recently visited city and the amount of power cuts you experienced.

I would like to begin. My parents recently visited Punjab and they said there was barely any power cut and even if there was it lasted less than 1 hour.

PS: This is for both Indian and Pakistanis :)

Really a salt on wounds question to be asking Pakistanis.

You should ask the duration of power, not of power cuts.
Thats exactly what I asked. Your recently visited city and the duration and frequency of power cuts.

I hereby confirm this to be true for Gujarat. Even the remote villages of Gujarat get 24/7 electricity. I am right now in Vadodara and I don't remember when last time power was gone here for even 1-2 minutes.

i live in city:bangalore, area:srinagar , here power cut duration is around 15minutes a day mostly during afternoon,i believe the maximum power cut i had for last 6months was an hour

Guess, need to increase the horizons of this thread by encouraging the members to share the details as compiled below about their city/place within the main context of this thread.
• Root cause of power shortage
• Practical suggestions to overcome the shortage.
• Potential to generate the surplus for export
• Best suitable option to generate the power at member’s place.

Back
Top Bottom