What's new

Please move the UN from the USA

TruthSeeker

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
United States
I was thinking about how tired most Americans are of having the UN headquarters in the USA. Probably a lot non-Americans are tired of this, too??

Where should the UN headquarters be?

I think it should be in the PRC :china: because it is the PRC who calls the shots in the Security Council. No decision about anything important can be made without satisfying the PRC. Since the PRC is now the decision maker, they should take responsibility for the headquarters. Also, they should take over the USA's share of the UN funding, and we'll take their share.

Why don't you non-Americans all get together and lobby to move the UN to someplace else? Any other place would be fine with us. Really. :usflag:

hehehe good idea TruthSeeker,

but this isn't going to happen :P

Truth Seeker what is the logic behind the move? I don't think Americans are footing the bill for the HQ and as far as I know the United States still enjoys immense clout within the Security Council and other apparatus bodies. While there might have been a few issues underscored by Chinese interests, I do not think that this small pebble in an ocean of historic US domination within the UN would spur enough people world-wide to move the headquarters to Beijing. This is just my general opinion. I also think that the current administration in the US is not keen on doing away with the UN in such a symbolic gesture. Especially during this natural disaster in the south (Deepwater Horizon) I think Obama will want to keep his options open and not further alienate the US from the outside world!

I was thinking about how tired most Americans are of having the UN headquarters in the USA. Probably a lot non-Americans are tired of this, too??

I think it should be in the PRC :china: because it is the PRC who calls the shots in the Security Council. No decision about anything important can be made without satisfying the PRC. Since the PRC is now the decision maker, they should take responsibility for the headquarters. Also, they should take over the USA's share of the UN funding, and we'll take their share.

Why don't you non-Americans all get together and lobby to move the UN to someplace else? Any other place would be fine with us. Really. :usflag:

Why not Pakistan?
;)

The UN/Security Council should be moved to a country of little say in international matters. This will have a substantial change in the world politics as the home country would not be able to imply her pressure whether be the U.S. or China. In my opinion, move the UN to New Zealand or some other charlie state.

Last edited:

Lets move it to Gazza once its there then politicians will have to solve the crisis I know its whacky as coconut hiting on head but it just might work

i guess Norway, Denmark, Singapore or Australia are couple of ideal and nuteral places for UN. Here none of the countries will have advantage over another and if equal rights applied to all countries, the decisions will be taken on the majority of votes and not stupid Veto Power

Why not Pakistan?
;)

Any place but here :usflag: is fine with me. Moving to Pakistan :pakistan: is a good idea. It would greatly reduce the supply of meddling world bureaucrats in short order. (They would soon all be up in North Waziristan held as hostages! :agree:)

Last edited:
Any place but here :usflag: is fine with me. Moving to Pakistan is a good idea. It would greatly reduce the supply of meddling world bureaucrats in short order. (They would soon all be up in North Waziristan held as hostages! :agree:)

So that was the actual intention for starting this thread.. I guess you have seeked your truth.

Truth Seeker what is the logic behind the move?

As I said, ordinary Americans are sick and tired of the UN. It is worthless in solving any really difficult problems and it brings a lot of unsavory leaders to our beautiful country. Isn't that enough logic?

Let our Chinese friends take responsibility for the world they are intent on creating. Starting with their UN.

Any place but here :usflag: is fine with me. Moving to Pakistan is a good idea. It would greatly reduce the supply of meddling world bureaucrats in short order. (They would soon all be up in North Waziristan held as hostages! :agree:)

Isn't it great? I mean world would look like a better place without all those politicians and bureaucrats.

Financials:

The funding of the UN should work like a taxation system of a country, where every country is bound to pay the UN considering the GDP and other economic indicators. This move will further strengthen the UN as the UN will not be dependent on one nation. Last but not the least, this will help the U.S. to save some money.
It is an absurd argument to move United Nations from one super power to another emerging power. All the countries should have equal rights and say. Therefore, Security Council comprising few states is an injustice to other nations. Hence, the idea presented earlier i.e. move the UN to some Charlie state seems to have a solid impact on the world stage in future.

Last edited:
So that was the actual intention for starting this thread.. I guess you have seeked your truth.

I was curious as to whether the Forum members believe it is time for the UN to move away from the stultifying shadow of USA hegemony to a more wonderful place.

Back
Top Bottom