What's new

PIA expands its operations in Sri Lanka

Sonic The Best

New Recruit

Reaction score

khi-cmb-ad.jpg

PIA to fly thrice a week non-stop service between Karachi and Colombo with Airbus A310-300 aircraft.

Flight schedule effective from February 19, 2011.

Route: Karachi-Colombo
Flight Number: PK-874
Days of Operation: Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
Aircraft Type: Airbus A310-300
Departure from Karachi: 3:30PM
Arrival in Colombo: 7:30PM
Estimated Flight Duration: 3 hours and 30 minutes

Route: Colombo-Karachi
Flight Number: PK-875
Departure from Colombo: 8:45PM
Arrival in Karachi: 11:40PM
Estimated Flight Duration: 3 hours and 25 minutes

khi-cmb-ad.jpg

PIA to fly thrice a week non-stop service between Karachi and Colombo with Airbus A310-300 aircraft.

Flight schedule effective from February 19, 2011.

Route: Karachi-Colombo
Flight Number: PK-874
Departure from Karachi: 3:30PM
Arrival in Colombo: 7:30PM
Estimated Flight Duration: 3 hours and 30 minutes

Route: Colombo-Karachi
Flight Number: PK-875
Departure from Colombo: 8:45PM
Arrival in Karachi: 11:40PM
Estimated Flight Duration: 3 hours and 25 minutes

Whats better is, if airlines use Colombo or the newly built hambantota as a hub for other longer distance connecting flights.

then say people wanting to travel to Frankfurt from Singapore or Sydney, Can take a smaller aircraft to Colombo, then from Colombo be departed on a larger more economically A380 to Frankfurt.

I think they should go to Hambantota instead of Colombo, Colombo is getting congested and parts of the airport are under upgrades which may cause unexpected inconveniences.

Hambantota has a bread new airport built from scratch with plenty spare capacity. Also its connected to Colombo via a high speed link, you can to Colombo within 1 hour travel time.

Whats better is, if airlines use Colombo or the newly built hambantota as a hub for other longer distance connecting flights.

then say people wanting to travel to Frankfurt from Singapore or Sydney, Can take a smaller aircraft to Colombo, then from Colombo be departed on a larger more economically A380 to Frankfurt.

I think they should go to Hambantota instead of Colombo, Colombo is getting congested and parts of the airport are under upgrades which may cause unexpected inconveniences.

Hambantota has a bread new airport built from scratch with plenty spare capacity. Also its connected to Colombo via a high speed link, you can to Colombo within 1 hour travel time.

Are you truly from Sri Lanka?

Hambantota International Airport expected to be completed by December 2011, with the first flight scheduled to land in January 2012.

awesome news, MODs please move this thread to Economy section

I would love hear the ticket price for this journey, if it is below 20,000 rupees I am sure many peoples would love to travel Sri Lanka for tourism, honeymoon and other amusements.

I think we have a free visa entry for Sri Lanka if I am not wrong?

Are you truly from Sri Lanka?

Hambantota International Airport expected to be completed by December 2011, with the first flight scheduled to land in January 2012.

Yeah I am, sorry i didn't know that.

a machan mama sinhala natha keyalla saka owerta?

well so sad that PIA took this thing too late but atleast they took this decision finally i my self visited srilanka believe me srilanka might not be rich but it is bahama of Asia for me hope more Pakistani People visit Srilanka im looking foward to go again to srilanka

awesome news,
I think we have a free visa entry for Sri Lanka if I am not wrong?

You use to, but there as been abuse of the system, with Indians and Pakistani coming here on tourist visa then registering themselves onto refugee status. or over staying their visa period. So it has been abolished for south Asia.

Krishna?s Lanka visit postponed by a month | | | Indian Express

But don't worry, Sri lanka has now streamlined all visa process, you don't need to go to an embassy to get visa. a simple one point online destination can have all your security clearances sorted out.

Sri Lanka to scrap visa on arrival - Channel NewsAsia

Oya padamac igena gain mehe inna samaharak ayagen.........

:guns: :guns:

is that a threat? i think you are in breach of forum rules.

you said u were here for 4 years, yet on ur profile it says "Joined Date
03-22-2009??

This guy equated 1.5 to 4? you must be some kind of genius. Please add me on face-book, i would love have you as my finical adviser, as long as I'm on the upper end of your equations lol. :rofl::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom