PEMRA retracts allegations against 'Zara Sochiye', 'Aman Ki Asha'

pkuser2k12

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PEMRA retracts allegations against Geo's 'Zara Sochiye', 'Aman Ki Asha'​

July 29, 2013 - Updated 2053 PKT
From Web Edition

pemra-chairman-supreme-court-iftikhar-chaudhry-hamidmir-medicacommissionreport_7-29-2013_111546_l.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry in his remarks on Monday said that Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) is ‘good for nothing’.

The Chief Justice passed the above remarks while chairing a three-judge bench hearing constitutional petitions on Media Commission Report.

The arguments on Media Commission Report in the Supreme Court took a dramatic turn when Chairman PEMRA backed out of its allegations against ‘Zara Sochiye’ and ‘Aman Ki Asha’, Jang Group’s initiatives for promotion of education and friendly ties with India.

On page-204 of the Media Commission Report, PEMRA has leveled allegations against media channels for receiving financial aid/grant from abroad.

During today’s proceedings, Geo News senior anchor Hamid Mir and another private channel’s anchor Absar Alam prayed to the court that evidence in support of the allegations be produced.

Hamid Mir said PEMRA has alleged in connection with ‘Zara Sochiye’ that ‘this media house’ received 20 million pounds and asked Chairman PEMRA to produce evidence in support of the ‘serious allegations’.

On this, the PEMRA council said that no such allegations as reported in the Media Commission Report were leveled by PMERA. He said PEMRA has also added its reply in a counter-petition.

This prompted the court to ask him to read out the part on which Hamid Mir had raised objection and tell the court about the source of the allegations. The PEMRA council said his client says there is no source and that Chairman PEMRA withdraws the allegations.

Justice Azmat Saeed Shaikh remarked that PEMRA should have submitted an affidavit 30 days ago. “Now that all has been said and done you are saying that an apology will be submitted in a closed room. This is a misquote which has become part of the court’s record,” he added.

A private TV channel's anchor Absar Alam said: “Charges of being Indian and Israeli agents are being leveled on the basis of Media Commission Report. What would happen if someone gets overcome by emotions and attacks Hamid Mir?”

Jang Group’s council, Dr Tariq Hassan prayed to the court to get the controversial parts expunged from the Media Commission Report. Justice Jawad S Khwaja said first let the replies of all the concerned be submitted. The truth will eventually come out, he added.

Later, the court issued notices to five officials including Chairman PEMRA and sought replies till August 6.

It is pertinent to mention here that the Supreme Court had constituted a Media Commission on the constitutional petitions submitted by Hamid Mir, Absar Alam and Jang Group. The Commission then recorded statements of officials representing various organizations as well as others.

Without producing any evidence, PEMRA in its verbal statement had leveled serious allegations of receiving foreign funds in connection with the initiatives of ‘Aman Ki Asha’ and ‘Zara Sochiye’.

On the basis of the above allegations, some elements, without any evidence, launched a smear campaign on social media against Jang and Geo. Today, the conspiracy stands clearly exposed.

SOURCE:
PEMRA retracts allegations against Zara Sochiye, Aman Ki Asha - thenews.com.pk

THANKYOU NAWAZ PEMRA FOR CLEARING OUT THE SACHAEE COVERAGE OF GEO AND THANKYOU FOR SWIFT JUSTICE BY SUPREME COURT .

ON 11TH MAY AT 12:30PM I THINK GEO ANNOUNCED PMLN CLEAR WINNER IN GENERAL ELECTIONS

ON NEXT ELECTIONS THEY WILL ANNOUNCE PMLN WINNER AT 6:15PM AFTER 15 MINUTES OF ENDING THE POLLS.

Kindly ask former ISI general Pasha to explain his allegations on media that that are bribed by alcohal,women and money but if think they wont take that chance .(kahen saboot day hi na day General Pasha like in the case of Hussain Haqqani)

Similarly in IJI case supreme court did not summon Rt Gen Hamid Gul who has openly accepted making IJI against ppp and money distribution . He always says on tv that hang him on this charges but bring me to court i will name all whom i helped . To protect certain few he has never been called because he would name them all.

Hamid Gul admits he had role in IJI formation ! CJ take Suo Motto

LAHORE: Former Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) chief Hamid Gul has said that he played a role in forming the Islami Jamhoori Ittehad (IJI) and any accountability of the issue should be started from him, a private TV channel quoted him as saying on Monday. Talking to the channel, Gul said former prime minister Nawaz Sharif was against any accountability, adding that the Saifur Rehman Accountability Cell was one sided. He said people had hoped that the then president Farooq Laghari would do justice through accountability, but he gave protection to journalists, generals and judges. Gul said when he would be probed about the IJI formation, he would reveal the names of those politicians who requested the military leadership not to hold elections. daily times monitor

SOURCE:
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=201015\story_5-1-2010_pg7_21

It is easy to accuse, but difficult to prove allegations in a court of law where evidence must be produced and defended.

Is PERMA a govt agency or independent quasi judicial body? how can they accuse without proof?

they are under government .as this accusation was made by previous government since change and nawaz government media house geo got clean chit.the PEMRA simply disowned the previous statement.

i would like to see these media persons prove what that say about everyone on tv in courts.

Election commission - Judiciary and Present government are one and the same thing

as i said they will not bring anyone like Gen Hamid and Gen Pasha that they might present proof in IJI case and media cases.play safe.

THANKYOU NAWAZ PEMRA FOR CLEARING OUT THE SACHAEE COVERAGE OF GEO AND THANKYOU FOR SWIFT JUSTICE BY SUPREME COURT .

ON 11TH MAY AT 12:30PM I THINK GEO ANNOUNCED PMLN CLEAR WINNER IN GENERAL ELECTIONS

ON NEXT ELECTIONS THEY WILL ANNOUNCE PMLN WINNER AT 6:15PM AFTER 15 MINUTES OF ENDING THE POLLS.

Kindly ask former ISI general Pasha to explain his allegations on media that that are bribed by alcohal,women and money but if think they wont take that chance .(kahen saboot day hi na day General Pasha like in the case of Hussain Haqqani)

Similarly in IJI case supreme court did not summon Rt Gen Hamid Gul who has openly accepted making IJI against ppp and money distribution . He always says on tv that hang him on this charges but bring me to court i will name all whom i helped . To protect certain few he has never been called because he would name them all.

LAHORE: Former Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) chief Hamid Gul has said that he played a role in forming the Islami Jamhoori Ittehad (IJI) and any accountability of the issue should be started from him, a private TV channel quoted him as saying on Monday. Talking to the channel, Gul said former prime minister Nawaz Sharif was against any accountability, adding that the Saifur Rehman Accountability Cell was one sided. He said people had hoped that the then president Farooq Laghari would do justice through accountability, but he gave protection to journalists, generals and judges. Gul said when he would be probed about the IJI formation, he would reveal the names of those politicians who requested the military leadership not to hold elections. daily times monitor

SOURCE:

Why don't both generals take over from where PEMRA left? If they have proofs, why sitting back and not coming ? Like somebody said here.. it's easy to put allegation on someone but hard to present proofs.

SOURCE:

This is indeed a tragedy that our sectors does not perform without biases,unless Mr.pkuser we have such mindsets,we will not be in a condition to proceed and prosper,as justice is not crystal clear and organizations are used as a tool for such mindsets

Why don't both generals take over from where PEMRA left? If they have proofs, why sitting back and not coming ? Like somebody said here.. it's easy to put allegation on someone but hard to present proofs.

They will never do that,they will never step forward,I personally think,because one needs proper authority to present proofs and to carry an investigation on such scandals,what do you think?

You are expecting a Pro India TV channel to get banned while a Pro India Govt is in control, not that's epic.. :P

well said Mr.Jazzbot,it is just their goddamn dramay baazi to show so-called sincerity and dedication to dear homeland :pop:

They will never do that,they will never step forward,I personally think,because one needs proper authority to present proofs and to carry an investigation on such scandals,what do you think?

I don't know... I do respect Hamid Gul, and know him as a person who is in the list of terrorist in USA still, USA is afraid of doing fair trial against him... When he offered himself... But still not sure who stops him to come forward against internal threats (if he has a proof?)?

Back
Top Bottom