What's new

PDF 2014 - New Changes

You know what would be great! A slashdot / reddit like rating system where the best conversations are listed first, trolls at the bottom. Users can rate posts as positive // negative and the posts are rated accordingly. Each response to post is show right under it regardless of when it was posted - so posts are grouped into conversations instead of the current chronological order.

We have a thanks + positive / negative rating system, but we don't use these ratings to order posts.

A system like that would do wonders to the quality of discussions on this forum. We can even leverage seniority of members here are weight. Ratings by senior members count more than rating of juniors.

Thoughts?

All of the clutter (advertisement, latest threads, ect) on the right of the screen narrows down posts into longer and narrower format which is pretty awful. Some of my posts have also had issues where something like this:

1.A 2.B. 3C.

Ended up looking like something like this after I pushed 'post reply'.

1.A2.B.3B

Also for some reason I can't edit. In my above example I wanted to add that everything is condensed so if I want to space something the post will simply be condensed.

Post screenshot, i use a wide monitor, no issues here.

The post width goes like this for whole thread.

5654.1388952352.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Provide suggestions on how to improve it.

the previous one was much better & a'lot easier to use, it also had kept up the theme of the original pdf looks ,pdf original look (world defense network one ) contributed greatly to the impression on visitors & members I mean this website was the first to introduced the smart & stylish format among defense sites & became the trend setter , take from me 7 years ago I just clicked once to a link on a guy with the lord of the ring avatar :D & since then never looked back:pdf:

this new lay out may not attract new members.

plus, what is the advantage of this lay out over the previous one is not explained! So that we can convince ourselves to this drastic change..

this new lay out may not attract new members.

plus, what is the advantage of this lay out over the previous one is not explained! So that we can convince ourselves to this drastic change..

It gives an article/magazine look, which is great. What don't you like exactly so we can work to fix it.

Also share the screenshot of what you see.

It gives an article/magazine look, which is great. What don't you like exactly so we can work to fix it.

Also share the screenshot of what you see.

Can we move the time/date of post to the top? Next to the ratings and stuff.

Webby, the right hand margin is too wide lessening the space of the posts which is rather constricted. The priority is for posts and not ads and 'alerts'.

My two cents.

Back
Top Bottom